LordDan

Kaliphlin Gatehouse

Dan enters into a fortress in Northern Kaliphlin, garrisoned by a legion of Mummies (Desert King supporters?, I'm not sure if he is still around)

50837026557_ac83e11154_o.jpg

You may be able to tell what parts I got recently from Pick a Brick :grin:. Thanks for looking, feedback is always welcome. :classic: 

Great use of parts and colors!  Those ingots really do look good on your round towers, and the simple but effective greenery is lovely.  :classic:

This is just phenomenal! Color scheme is spot on, I love the roundness of the columns, the tile pattern is fantastic, the texture is amazing. The work of balance on top of the towers is very cool! It's inspiring how one can build something amazing in a reduced space. Amazing work, man!

I mentioned the teal macaroni tiles on Flickr, but I also really like the little bushes around the bottom.  Really neat roof thing you've got going there too.  Feels very Kaliphlinian! 

Very nice work!  I like the bright colors appropriate for Kali.  And yes, the desert king is still in Kali as far as I understand, although there is some division and pushback against him.  The angles you get on the leaves at the base is great, and your pavilions to protect from the sun are spot-on.  My favorite part is the D shaped rounded gatehouse towers, though, since they are highly defensible.  You sure got some great selection at the PAB wall!  Great to see you posting again!

What a gorgeous gate! The shaping of the defensive towers is perfect, and they're beautifully decorated.

Ugh!  I'm jealous of y'all with PaB walls stocked with nice pieces.  I went to one over winter holiday and they had nothing worth asking them to scoop into a cup.  :hmpf_bad: 

I like this MOC though.  Nice color choices and very effective usages of your PaB haul!