Ngoc Nguyen

42127 - THE BATMAN - BATMOBILE™

6 minutes ago, howitzer said:

Sian wheel arches in black, that's nice.

ferrari's

So the only fancy thing about this set so far seems to be a light brick. :sceptic:

The model includes 2 light bricks – 1 red and 1 yellow. The red light adds an awesome glow to the transparent toy engine at the back, while the yellow brick lights up the front grille. Other cool features include steering on the front wheels, differential on the rear wheels, a spinning flame, plus opening doors and bonnet. Kids will love exploring the model before placing it on display in tribute to their favourite super hero.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

Looks pretty good. For €100 that’s a great parts pack. I’ll definitely buy a few when the price drops (around €70 probably).

11 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

This set has transparent engine blocks.

Is it just me, or are the ones in the picture the old-school design with the slits in the sides?

Lego Finnaly made black wheel arches.
Is that me or the engine block is trans red ?

2 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Is it just me, or are the ones in the picture the old-school design with the slits in the sides?

This looks like it to me too.

If so, I'd just write it off as a preproduction picture using them--I do not expect that the actual set will have the old design.

Wow, wasn’t expecting this one at all. Got rid of all my expectations for 42127 and 42130 a while ago - assumed them to just be holes in the numbering. If I’m not mistaken, I believe this is the first time the light brick makes an appearance in a Technic set. Wonder if this will set the stage for more light bricks in Technic sets in the future. And as for the real-life inspiration, I’m assuming it’s this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/3/4/21164886/batmobile-batman-matt-reeves-robert-pattinson-motorcycle-suit

Edited by JLiu15

26 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

It's... A car. With... flames.

Yeah, crazy right? 

800x306.jpeg

It is simply awful. For sure, a great parts pack, but I doubt it will look good live like usually with the black sets it is.

1 hour ago, rm8 said:

ferrari's

Oh, right, somehow I thought they were the same part but apparently not.

Looks like a third party remake of a real Lego Technic car. Sure nice parts pack, but where is the technic aspect? 

7 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Looks like a third party remake of a real Lego Technic car. Sure nice parts pack, but where is the technic aspect? 

Light brick... or sth like that

Good to see something different (superhero vehicle), but can not see why this has to beTechnic (light brick not-withstanding).

So, something that could've been a system set was needlessly brought into Technic and looks... well bad. 

At least a bigger black inventory I suppose hahah. 

Just now, syclone said:

So, something that could've been a system set was needlessly brought into Technic and looks... well bad. 

At least a bigger black inventory I suppose hahah. 

This seems to be the trend lately.

I'm really not interested in this set. I was able to respect the Charger and Raptor for their suspension and modeling of legitimately cool real-world cars. This one not only seemingly loses the suspension, but also the real-car aspect (I'm not a Batman fan).

I do like the black wheel covers, though!