Ngoc Nguyen

42127 - THE BATMAN - BATMOBILE™

Very nice to have set without stickers. I welcome re-production of transparent engine block

1 minute ago, Maaboo35 said:

The dash has stickers.

That stickers I can live with (as you can see on my MOCs even if they have a rest from me for some time :laugh:)

18 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

Thanks again @kbalage for another great review. You mentioned the steering is pretty standard, but is this the first set where the steering gear rack is mounted one module behind the steering pivot points? That seems like change worth noting, as this may be the cause for the poor steering circle.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this in other smaller sets as well, in the 42123 Senna for example the steering rack is shifted with one module compared to the steering pivot, although the attachment construction is different. But the movement on that one is also limited by the distance between the beams.

15 hours ago, thekoRngear said:

I think some of the building techniques were perhaps dangerously close to what often termed as "illegal techniques" of which Racingbrick is not 100% sure, and he liked them. The same reason perhaps made Sariel quite mad lol.

The set has some quite innovative connections here and there, I have a feeling that whoever designed the set wanted to think outside of the regular Technic box and I very much like it. It's refreshing to see something that is different from the regular simple beam stacking and the connections we know from dozens of sets already, especially if the result has some unusual angles. I don't think any of the sections were particularly difficult to assemble.

16 hours ago, thekoRngear said:

So both the racingbrick and Sariel's reviews are up with conflicting view points on building techniques.

It seems Racingbrick was cool minded, found the techniques lot more interesting and useful for MOC designers. He said the set grew on him while building. So, he praises it.
On the other hand, Sariel was seriously confused by the building procedures, and was also frustrated to some point resulting in him disliking the building techniques which ultimately yields a result of below average ratings from him.
I think some of the building techniques were perhaps dangerously close to what often termed as "illegal techniques" of which Racingbrick is not 100% sure, and he liked them. The same reason perhaps made Sariel quite mad lol.

In the end, I think the set is not bad at all.

I always found Sariel's reviews very informative and with great showing of the set, but I almost always disagree with him on the conclusions about the set and sometimes it feels that he draws conclusions hastily and without much consideration for explanations or reasoning behind the design choices of the sets. In this regard I find that Racingbrick's reviews are much more in line with how I see the sets.

After watching Racingbrick's review, I feel that this set is pretty good, though probably not one that I'm interested in getting. Seems a great set for those who like cars or Batman, but not very interesting in the way of functionality though the engine light feature seemed really cool. I hope that TLG will utilize the light bricks more in the future sets.

I can't help but think that some of the approaches used on supercar 8070 would have generated a more pleasing result.

Mattel's version of this batmobile is also far more of a rugged space framed bruiser, rather than a highly raked streetcar....time will tell whose approach is closest.

https://gizmodo.com/take-the-batmans-new-batmobile-for-a-ride-with-this-obs-1847863709

On 10/29/2021 at 9:32 AM, thekoRngear said:

I think some of the building techniques were perhaps dangerously close to what often termed as "illegal techniques" 

Definitely true. I just finished building this set and can confirm that there are several instances of “illegal” connections, mainly with parts placed at weird angles. It was still a neat build and a decent parts pack, and the clear cylinders do not have as much friction as I anticipated. The front light brick is pretty lame, while the back one works very well.

10 hours ago, Brickend said:

I can't help but think that some of the approaches used on supercar 8070 would have generated a more pleasing result.

Mattel's version of this batmobile is also far more of a rugged space framed bruiser, rather than a highly raked streetcar....time will tell whose approach is closest.

https://gizmodo.com/take-the-batmans-new-batmobile-for-a-ride-with-this-obs-1847863709

The wheel selection is so much better here. Maybe someone will raise the suspension and go with the 68.7 wheels? https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=52985#T=C&C=11

They could have really stood up to their name of "batmobile wheels" as they were already used as front tires in the UCS set :D

14 hours ago, Brickend said:

Well, that's not the only variant Mattel made, and the other one looks just like the Technic version. So which is the "proper one" then? :) 

4 hours ago, Jundis said:

The wheel selection is so much better here. Maybe someone will raise the suspension and go with the 68.7 wheels? https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=52985#T=C&C=11

They could have really stood up to their name of "batmobile wheels" as they were already used as front tires in the UCS set :D

It's not that simple unfortunately, those tires a waaaay too narrow to look good on the set, I tested them in the video below. 

I think at this point we have no real proof how the Batmobile in the movie should look like, but more about this controversy here:

I just finished building this set. The ocd in me hates it when the half pin with stud is used to hold the flames. I can't keep the flames aligned on the hood and rear. Why won't Lego make a friction pin with stud?

28 minutes ago, gmshades said:

I just finished building this set. The ocd in me hates it when the half pin with stud is used to hold the flames. I can't keep the flames aligned on the hood and rear. Why won't Lego make a friction pin with stud?

Maybe try instead a 1x1 round plate with open stud?

85x85p.jpg

7 hours ago, gmshades said:

Flames are chaotic and should not align. That doesn’t make sense in this case :wink: 

17 hours ago, gmshades said:

Why won't Lego make a friction pin with stud?

Good question. In most cases a pin with friction would be better, so why LEGO only has a frictionless version is kind of odd.

I have used quarter pins with friction from a different brand for a while now, so I can say that they make a lot stronger connections with bricks because they don't wobble. Really nice to have. 

But I guess not really needed in tlg's eyes.

[MOC] LEGO Technic 42127 THE BATMAN - BATMOBILE F1 car

Wish you like it, let met know if you have any comments, Thank u!
Edited by WW Bricks Studio

Cool video. Nice formula, and that light-logo is really impressive. 

Does Batman really like reverse steering, or there is something wrong with my eyes?