Ngoc Nguyen

42127 - THE BATMAN - BATMOBILE™

...which makes it even more obvious how overpriced the Ford Raptor is in the EU. The light bricks don't make sense since they are meant for short usage and the light intensity is mediocre. TLG does anything they can to avoid introducing new proper LED light elements.

Edited by R0Sch

5 hours ago, R0Sch said:

...which makes it even more obvious how overpriced the Ford Raptor is in the EU. The light bricks don't make sense since they are meant for short usage and the light intensity is mediocre. TLG does anything they can to avoid introducing new proper LED light elements.

They probably could've used the powered up LEDs together with a technic battery box.

5 hours ago, Tcm0 said:

They probably could've used the powered up LEDs together with a technic battery box.

The dumb battery box is 35 EUR, two set of LEDs is 20 EUR. Two light bricks are like 6 EUR. I think it's pretty obvious why they went this way...

I'm curious how the light-up will be solved. As a constant on-mode, or we get a mechanism which makes it a moving stroboscope

20 minutes ago, kbalage said:

The dumb battery box is 35 EUR, two set of LEDs is 20 EUR. Two light bricks are like 6 EUR.

Only because they chose to make them that expensive standalone. They’d be far cheaper in sets.

Edited by Bartybum

38 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

Only because they chose to make them that expensive standalone. They’d be far cheaper in sets.

You still can't beat the light bricks. For this purpose only anything else would be overkill. If the set was RC and it had lights as well then that'd be completely different.

Agreed, it would be overkill to include a battery box, exclusively to light a few LEDs.

So I have been studying this set, as much as we can at this early stage of the game anyway. As much as I really don't care for it as a whole, I am very much looking forward to picking it up as a parts pack, looks like a lot of useful parts. At least in my case anyway.

Edited by Johnny1360

17 minutes ago, kbalage said:

You still can't beat the light bricks. For this purpose only anything else would be overkill. If the set was RC and it had lights as well then that'd be completely different.

Agreed, still can't beat the light bricks. RC would be quite cool, but very expensive nonetheless

21 hours ago, Jockos said:

I'm curious how the light-up will be solved. As a constant on-mode, or we get a mechanism which makes it a moving stroboscope

In the picture showing the interior, you can see a lever in the center console likely used to turn on the front light brick. Hopefully it has a friction pin so you don't need to hold it all the time. I'm not sure about the rear lights.

9 hours ago, Brickend said:

Having just seen the new trailer, I can only hope that the ride height on this is adjustable in some way.

I don't think it is.

Here's my detailed building review of the set, and I have to confess I like it much more after building it :) 

44 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Here's my detailed building review of the set, and I have to confess I like it much more after building it :) 

Thanks again @kbalage for another great review. You mentioned the steering is pretty standard, but is this the first set where the steering gear rack is mounted one module behind the steering pivot points? That seems like change worth noting, as this may be the cause for the poor steering circle.

1 hour ago, Jim said:

My review has been published.

Well, certainly not Sariel himself :laugh:

It's a voiceover. Sounds great though!

It does. His spoken English is also very good, but I can understand Sariel not wanting to do his own voice-overs for various reasons.

As for the set, this what I thought Dom's Charger was going to be like. The new-ish black panels are welcome additions :thumbup:

Edited by Jay Psi

1 hour ago, Thirdwigg said:

Thanks again @kbalage for another great review. You mentioned the steering is pretty standard, but is this the first set where the steering gear rack is mounted one module behind the steering pivot points? That seems like change worth noting, as this may be the cause for the poor steering circle.

I think they've moved the steering rack in between to use it as built-in stoppers/liimters.

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Sariel's review is up.

He uses a new reviewing style here, with speech rather than text.

I'm not sure how I'll like that, since I usually watch without sound and just skim through the text. (I guess I just prefer text over other media)

I'll try it out later.

So both the racingbrick and Sariel's reviews are up with conflicting view points on building techniques.

It seems Racingbrick was cool minded, found the techniques lot more interesting and useful for MOC designers. He said the set grew on him while building. So, he praises it.
On the other hand, Sariel was seriously confused by the building procedures, and was also frustrated to some point resulting in him disliking the building techniques which ultimately yields a result of below average ratings from him.
I think some of the building techniques were perhaps dangerously close to what often termed as "illegal techniques" of which Racingbrick is not 100% sure, and he liked them. The same reason perhaps made Sariel quite mad lol.

In the end, I think the set is not bad at all.

58 minutes ago, The Shuttlefan said:

Is this the first time the studs on top of the engine blocks have actually been used? I don't recall seeing that in any other set.

If I remember correctly, the alternate model of 42048 used those studs to mount a 2x2 round plate with hole, into which a pin with stud was put, causing the pin to bump up and down as the piston cycled.