Ngoc Nguyen

42127 - THE BATMAN - BATMOBILE™

14 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I'm really not interested in this set. I was able to respect the Charger and Raptor for their suspension and modeling of legitimately cool real-world cars. This one not only seemingly loses the suspension, but also the real-car aspect (I'm not a Batman fan).

I do like the black wheel covers, though!

Yeah, I agree, and yeah, the wheel covers look kindof fun. I also like all the Black 2x3 panels. I seem to be using them a lot lately. 

what is this part ?
400x292.png
It seems to have rounded holes on both sides (red arrows) 
It doesn't go lower as a L beam would.
So is that the second even length Liftarm ?

6 minutes ago, Touc4nx said:

what is this part ?

It seems to have rounded holes on both sides (red arrows) 
It doesn't go lower as a L beam would.
So is that the second even length Liftarm ?

Looks like a standard L-beam with axlehole to me. There's red glare on it from the brake light, or possibly the light brick in the engine.

Edited by Maaboo35

On 9/26/2021 at 4:32 AM, Bartybum said:

Can't wait for Dom's Batmobile

Now I see it is nothing than a full truth :grin:

I like the fact that a Technic set is revealed without any leaks before the reveal. It was quite unexpected :classic:

Do i see some trans clear engine block parts (lit up with the red LED)?

Edited by Polarlicht

I like the return of the transparent engine blocks and the use of LEDs in a technic set (last one was 8297?). Also happy we get the new Ferrari's fenders in a neutral color like black, combined with wheel covers from the Raptor we have all the matching pieces in black.

Can't say I spot any new pieces though.

It seems to me that someone did make an effort to minimize the number of blue pins in the bodywork. :thumbup:

Clearly the EB crowd is not the target audience here, so I'm not surprised by the lukewarm reception. Like y'all, I see mostly a decent parts pack. But I'm sure 10yo me would've been super excited seeing this set! :excited:

I should comment more so I wouldn't always haves something really negative to say, but go damn it this has weird proportions, shapes and parts chosen for the body, in relation to the source material. Correct proportions and correct tire radius should be the minimum requirement for a technic model, with details it's not that serious what it comes to TLG technic models I think. This thing has so much "going on" with those panels, the panels of choice and the way they are placed, they create all these weird shapes and edges all over, whereas batmobiles, this included, are usually minimalist and functional with their body design ("form follows function").

I used to dislike the "overuse" of flex rods and longed for more realistic mudguard/fender flare pieces for years and this is a nice parts back sure, but flex rod fender flares would look better than always choosing that one size too large mudguard piece like TLG does with most of their models. I know you have to think about the wheel turning radius and suspension travel, but here both the flare is too large AND the whole shape of the part is wrong for the job, the only thing that work is the color. Also the over sized mudguard flares make the whole car look squeezed. Not a good compromise if you ask me. The little minifig scaled system version should not look more accurately proportioned and instantly recognizable, yet it does.

On 1/13/2021 at 12:03 PM, Dazzzy said:

Ooh, MK4 Toyota Supra perhaps?  Or how about something from the James Bond universe?  (Wet Nellie). :wink:

You definitely have my vote for Wet Nellie. It's time that we see a proper amphibious vehicle as a LEGO Technic set for once. And it's a submarine...:excited:

We haven't seen a submarine in LEGO Technic since that last one (8250) in 1997.

Edited by HydroWorld Outlook

4 hours ago, mpj said:

I like the fact that a Technic set is revealed without any leaks before the reveal. It was quite unexpected :classic:

yeah, when I saw the release hawk email saying it had just dropped on the lego store, my first thought was "hadn't seen or heard about that on instagram - there's a change!"

I think it looks cool. The light bricks are a cool idea, and the transparent engine blocks are pretty interesting. Lack of suspension is a bit of a bummer though

I love the fact that this set brings back the trans clear engine blocks. I liked those better.

I gotta say, the design of this set just doesn't scream "Batmobile". It's not the fault of the set though, I am not fond of the source material design. But that's not very relevant to this forum. Although, I can't help but think, why have this Batmobile as a Technic set? Most Technic fans would want the Tumbler or the Arkham Knight version, which could have interesting Technic functions, and most movie fans would want something either UCS or Creator Expert. Kind of an odd choice.

I really didn't like the clear engine blocks of the past and am still not a fan of the yellow pistons (I prefer the dark grey ones) but in the context of a fictional story I think the clear engine pieces lit with a red light work quite well, looking like the engine is glowing red hot while chasing the baddies! I wouldn't want to see it in a more realistic context though.

Edited by allanp

10 hours ago, Collibosher said:

Very well said. In my opinion, TLG had a big problem with this model: The 42111 Dodge has the same "body language" as this 42127 Batmobil. They already tried to model the body of the 42111 shoulderline with panels and the wheel arches with liftarms which kind of worked. A repeat of this technique however, was out of question for a car with nearly the same shape, colour and size.

The recognisability of this Batmobil however (same as the Charger) relies heavily on the sharp shoulder line. The one thing they got right is the sharp front end.

3 hours ago, Saberwing40k said:

Although, I can't help but think, why have this Batmobile as a Technic set? Most Technic fans would want the Tumbler or the Arkham Knight version, which could have interesting Technic functions, and most movie fans would want something either UCS or Creator Expert. Kind of an odd choice.

I'd want the H.R. Giger version. :laugh:

hr-giger-batmobile.png

Looks like this set use new 5-bevel diff insted old 3L 3-bevel diff. You can see red gear. But TLG didn't put this new diff in non-RC model yet.