Ngoc Nguyen

42127 - THE BATMAN - BATMOBILE™

Hm, I wonder if it’s another F&F car... 

If I am not mistaken Fast 9 will release this summer.

Ooh, MK4 Toyota Supra perhaps?  Or how about something from the James Bond universe?  (Wet Nellie). :wink:

Probably another vehicle from FF, I'm willing to bet it's the same scale and functionality as the 42111.

Edited by Zerobricks

2 hours ago, Jockos said:

Possibly, yes

It's just a guess, since there were several voting in the past about most popular car in the franchise and after 70' Charger, Eclipse was the second... :wink:

I think a Mazda RX7 could work as the shaping seems to fit well with technic and it looks like a popular car. 42111 received a lot of complaints about the design so TLG probably won't make a similar car again...

9 hours ago, Jockos said:

Maybe the one in one of the Lego Dodge promo vids.

When I saw that video I also interested of that vehicle. But soon I find it is 8041/42041 racing truck's B model with different color. 

12 hours ago, I_Igor said:

Could be 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse?

Wasn’t that the original rumor that became Dom’s charger? Maybe someone got their information from the future :grin:

22 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Wasn’t that the original rumor that became Dom’s charger? Maybe someone got their information from the future :grin:

:laugh: (or there was written script what will happen long before...)

I suspect that this thing might have been cancelled or delayed to next year already. It doesn't appear in the most recent catalogue, so it won't be out in August. The details for the October wave are out already, and this thing still doesn't have anything.

Maybe it shares the same fate with the Airport Rescue Vehicle. That set was originally assigned the number 42051 and be released in 1H 2016, but was delayed to 2H 2017 and assigned the number 42068 instead. The reason was explicitly stated that TLG thought it wouldn't sell well in a Technic lineup that had already been crowded that year.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

If it actually were the Supra, it would make sense to delay it, since there would likely not be a market for a second simple, orange, real world motor vehicle after the Raptor!

Does anyone know if this set is still happening this year or is is just the 4 sets for 2H 2021 (42128,42129,42126,42131)

1 minute ago, SNIPE said:

but lego just released 2 new tumblers already so hmm

This new one looks nothing like the previous Bat-vehicles. It seems to be based on a Dodge Charger:

ft-570351-555x417.jpg

So yet another black, movie-licensed, Dodge Charger??? :look: I hope this one at least won't be Technic too...

44 minutes ago, syclone said:

So yet another black, movie-licensed, Dodge Charger??? :look: I hope this one at least won't be Technic too...

Not a Charger, although definitely inspired by muscle cars. The rear is far from anything conventional :) 

Batmobile, ecco la nuova auto del Cavaliere Oscuro "The Batman" - Auto.it

1 hour ago, kbalage said:

Not a Charger, although definitely inspired by muscle cars. The rear is far from anything conventional :) 

*snip*

Unfortunately it seems as a modded charger from the front - take Dom's charger, remove grilles&supercharger, cannibalise the rear et voila - "batmobile". Same car, same colour. 
Yes, the rear does looks weird, but the vast majority of the car from all other angles is a body shell, that resembles a charger. 

I'm pretty sure there are better vehicles for Technic line-up, licensed or not. But oh well, money from superhero fans speaks louder.

Edited by syclone

8 hours ago, syclone said:

I'm pretty sure there are better vehicles for Technic line-up, licensed or not. But oh well, money from superhero fans speaks louder.

Maybe Dom's Charger was a massive hit, so TLG decided to release a black movie car every second year... I hope 2024 brings us KITT and not the Mad Max Ford Falcon :grin:

4 hours ago, kbalage said:

Maybe Dom's Charger was a massive hit, so TLG decided to release a black movie car every second year... I hope 2024 brings us KITT and not the Mad Max Ford Falcon :grin:

Well, if that becomes true, I'd be down for some Knight Rider action as well :sweet::sweet: