Tube Map Central

[MOC] Botanical Gardens Station

Had to share this. I've long enjoyed Art Nouveau architecture, and implementing it well in Lego has stretched many minds. Lego's plant pieces give the easiest route and I decided to exploit this.

Botanical Gardens station is a then-innovative steel-framed building designed to be airy and spacious and let in as much light as possible. It features a glass first floor and roof, and plenty of electric lights. There are ticket windows, a small buffet and upstairs is a restaurant (the Rose Garden) and railway office.

The interior is inspired by the adjacent botanical gardens, with the steelwork inside exposed but lavishly decorated.

The inspiration is the Brussels Comic Strip Museum, designed by Victor Horta, and a small but lavish church in the Essex, UK suburb of Brentwood.

Enjoy.

01_above.JPG

02_front.JPG

03_three_quarters.JPG

04_full_rear.jpeg

05_towards_office.jpeg

06_towards_restaurant.jpeg

09_glass_floor_and_roof.jpeg

[Apologies for zero photography skills]

Edited by Tube Map Central
Typo and image insertion

Wow, that is an impressive piece of work, great job capturing the feel of Art Nouveau, and the interior really does capture the essence of classic building remodeled with modern design.

The only suggestion I have is to tweak your post and imbed the links as images. Below the box where you enter your text there is a button "insert other media". Choose "Insert image from URL" and your pictures will appear in your post, e.g.,

03_three_quarters.JPG

(the interior is equally impressive)

Very nice!  Welcome to EB from England!  Always a pleasure to see other UK fans doing some English stuff.  You've achieved that Art Nouveau style perfectly!

Thanks for kind words all round, life seems strangely empty now that this is finished and the Bricklink deliveries have come to an end.

This is very much a station where I would like the trains to be late, I could sit in it for hours.

I had a look around to find the most appropriate trains to call at this station, and I think these ones fit the bill  nicely ...

Edited by Tube Map Central
typos