I designed this moc a long while ago and it took me well over a month, but it was well worth it. This model is a little bit longer than 4 feet, so it would look much bigger in person. I included an army of droids in front of the craft to show just how massive it is. The only hollow part of the moc is the cargo area where droids can fit. Other than that, everything else is packed with technic bricks, technic liftarms, bricks, and plates. Everything is tightly secured together, but since the wingspan is so long, there have to be 4 supports to hold up their weight. I designed the clone wars version (light gray) and the trade federation version (brown) from The Phantom Menace. 

50830696106_109fbb2f2a_z.jpgi9 by ice chips, on Flickr

50830781642_2d8b19ee82_z.jpgi1_3 by ice chips, on Flickr

50829950433_a92acc5803_z.jpghigher res by ice chips, on Flickr

50830784312_8a9a46789a_z.jpgi8 by ice chips, on Flickr

50830781662_7e7f033c92_z.jpgi1_4 by ice chips, on Flickr

50830783187_30b9fc1a90_z.jpgopen doors_3 by ice chips, on Flickr

50830697631_a44e8b0833_z.jpgtop 2 by ice chips, on Flickr

I did create instructions for both of these models as well in the links below. There are also more images of these models there as well. 

Light gray version: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-53766/starwarsfan66/c-9979-landing-craft/#details

Brown version: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-56547/starwarsfan66/c-9979-landing-craft-brown/#details

That is truly amazing :pir-love: I love the curves on the top up the back. If you ever build it in person, some mini MTTs would compliment it very nicely. 

It is an incredible build, I have seen many miniature/midi-scaled versions done extremely well, but this is the first time I have ever seen one at this size. I love the smooth surfaces and the colour choices are also great. I agree with @Brikkyy13, some mini MTTs (and AATs) would look great with it.

8 hours ago, Stuartn said:

It is an incredible build, I have seen many miniature/midi-scaled versions done extremely well, but this is the first time I have ever seen one at this size. I love the smooth surfaces and the colour choices are also great. I agree with @Brikkyy13, some mini MTTs (and AATs) would look great with it.

Thank you! I tried to get as few studs showing as possible to give off that "clean" look. And I probably should do a render with some mini MTT's (the polybag version would work well); that'd look cool. 

I am actually surprised Lego has not made an official set for this ship.  It is so iconic, and you captured it really well.  It'd be cool to include Qui-gon and Obi-wan and places to hide them in the ships.

1 hour ago, DarthMario said:

I am actually surprised Lego has not made an official set for this ship.  It is so iconic, and you captured it really well.  It'd be cool to include Qui-gon and Obi-wan and places to hide them in the ships.

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason has to do with scale, even at a significantly smaller than minifig scale such as this moc, the ship ends up over 4 feet wide and requiring supports for the 4 wings. The most I could really see them doing is some sort of promo polybag or advent calendar build.

27 minutes ago, AIex said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the reason has to do with scale, even at a significantly smaller than minifig scale such as this moc, the ship ends up over 4 feet wide and requiring supports for the 4 wings. The most I could really see them doing is some sort of promo polybag or advent calendar build.

They have playsets of Star Destroyers.  I would have loved something like that as a kid with this ship.  Just something that could fit a few droids and some Jedi in hiding.  But it probably is the scale and also they tend to just make OT ships.

Looks great! 4 foot wide wings? Hmm how to display it is a good question!

Edited by karmajay

What a nice ship! Your proportions are accurate. Haven't seen many of those trade federation ships in this size!

8 hours ago, MaceWindu said:

What a nice ship! Your proportions are accurate. Haven't seen many of those trade federation ships in this size!

Thanks! It was definitely a bit of a challenge to get it as accurate as I could. I had to get a lot of reference images from the clone wars episodes and Phantom Menace.