If it was Willy Wonka i would support this and would buy this, especially because it seems this might be a 79.99 set (approx) is there any info on the number of Pieces this is? i'm thinking ~1500? 

I'd probably still buy the Charlie one and make my own conversation, but the ultimate goal would be a willy wonka style one!

Edited by natesroom

1 hour ago, Vilhelm22 said:

6k - you're getting there!

Takes still a lot of work! But thanks.
You're british so this would be also an homage to a british author!

6 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Takes still a lot of work! But thanks.
You're british so this would be also an homage to a british author!

Indeed.  I actually live pretty close to his old house and pass it frequently, so it means even more for me.

Edited by Vilhelm22

6 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Indeed.  I actually live pretty close to his old house and pass it frequently, so it means even more for me.

Could you help me? Maybe involving people who are really related to that? I would really love to homage Mr. Dahl. I'm a big fan.

4 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

Could you help me? Maybe involving people who are really related to that? I would really love to homage Mr. Dahl. I'm a big fan.

If I’m being quite honest, I don’t know much more than the easily available info on the internet. I can tell you his house is called Gipsy House, and is currently lived in by Sophie Dahl, Roald Dahl’s granddaughter, her husband Jamie Cullem, and their children.  Until a few years ago it was occupied by his widow, Felicity Dahl, and her Jack Russell terrier, Pesto.  I don’t know if that helps to give some personal info.....  

Unfortunately, I can name quite a few cases of inspiration for the books, but none relating to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.  Most are for the BFG or Danny the Champion of the World.

Sorry I haven’t been able to help more.

Vilhelm22

Edited by Vilhelm22

On 2/12/2021 at 8:51 PM, Itaria No Shintaku said:

There’s a massive difference between being a fan of his books and that of the author. There’s a reason his legacy is tainted and his family are constantly trying to distance the two sides. Personally I’d steer well clear of paying any homage to Dahl himself.

On 2/13/2021 at 1:22 AM, Vilhelm22 said:

Unfortunately, I can name quite a few cases of inspiration for the books, but none relating to Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Actually, this article detailing his school days explains his inspiration for CATCF.

https://www.biography.com/news/real-story-behind-charlie-and-the-chocolate-factory-roald-dahl

3 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Actually, this article detailing his school days explains his inspiration for CATCF.

https://www.biography.com/news/real-story-behind-charlie-and-the-chocolate-factory-roald-dahl

Thanks!  An interesting read.  However I was more talking about inspiration in the village where he lived (the sort of stuff I'd know), which impacted the writing of the BFG and Danny the Champion of the World at least in part.....

You may like to close this thread given LEGO Ideas deleted the project. Guessing due to breaching their terms and conditions

1 hour ago, Oilzzz said:

You may like to close this thread given LEGO Ideas deleted the project. Guessing due to breaching their terms and conditions

What? *oh2*

How so??

19 hours ago, Oilzzz said:

I don't think users can close threads themselves...

It is coming back.
I didn't breach terms and conditions.
There was a problem and it has been fixed.

I am sorry if I am replying late. 
I didn't get any notifications and it's strange.
We had some problems with the fact that we are two guys for this project.
Both had a previously installed LEGO Ideas account.
I thought that it was fine to keep mine and have my friend morph his one into the shared account.
I for this reason never logged on with his account. Apparently, because I had no answers, you can't do that.
It's like as if I had 1,5 accounts. One mine, and one shared. But, actually, it was HIS account all the time. Yet, I couldn't do that.
So the project has been suspended but it's coming back shortly.

2 hours ago, Itaria No Shintaku said:

It is coming back.
I didn't breach terms and conditions.
There was a problem and it has been fixed.

I am sorry if I am replying late. 
I didn't get any notifications and it's strange.
We had some problems with the fact that we are two guys for this project.
Both had a previously installed LEGO Ideas account.
I thought that it was fine to keep mine and have my friend morph his one into the shared account.
I for this reason never logged on with his account. Apparently, because I had no answers, you can't do that.
It's like as if I had 1,5 accounts. One mine, and one shared. But, actually, it was HIS account all the time. Yet, I couldn't do that.
So the project has been suspended but it's coming back shortly.

Ah that’s good to know.  Thanks for the intel @Itaria No Shintaku and good luck reaching 10k on its return!

I would like to spend 2 minutes explaining in details what happened since this may be useful for all users here on EB.
Feb 15th I received an email warning me that my account was supended for 30 days for multiaccounting.
I never did such so I was surprised. My friend (the owner of the account that hosts Charlie) received an email telling him that the project was suspended 30 days for me having multiaccounts. Basically, even if that was his account and I was using mine TLG decided that we were using too many accounts.
Basically, what I understood (as they never explained me) was that I had 1,5 accounts and my friend 0,5... but I couldn't have MY own account apart from the shared one.
This is just an educated guess as I have received NO answers.
After 30 days, nothing was restored so we wrote TLG and after 1 more day they restored the project.
But not my account that, after some hours, was deleted.
With it, a lot of comments I did thanking people for voting us, were deleted.
Problem is: the algorhytm calculating the "popularity" fo the project, once 100 comments disappeared, placed us from 19th place down to 262th place.
I was petrified, when you are high, you get small bunch of votes per day without any effort. Being 262th meant TWO votes one day. So, we're climbing back the ladder and now we're 173th. 

What would really help is : if you already voted, comment the MOC with the new minifigures. Comments serve to make the project alive. Thanks to comments we can climb the ladder back.

I am really dsappointed, TLG never replied any of my emails asking for reasons behind the matther.
But now I just want to reach 10k and put all of this behind.

Wow! I will sertenly buy this if produced. I love Charlie and The choclate factory!