Klaus-Dieter

Friends 2021 - Rumours & Discussion

I saw this list on another site for the summer sets, is it legit?

It seems to match up with thekeeperofthereaper's post above.

41441 Horse Training and Trailer (4+) 148 pieces
41677 Forest Waterfall - 93 pieces
41679 Forest House - 326 pieces
41681 Forest Camper Van and Sailboat - 487 pieces
41682 Heartlake City School - 605 pieces
41683 Forest Horseback Riding Center - 511 pieces
41684 Heartlake City Grand Hotel - 1308 pieces
41685 Magical Funfair Rollercoaster - 974 pieces
41686 Magical Acrobatics - 223 pieces
41687 Magical Funfair Stalls - 361 pieces
41688 Magical Caravan - 348 pieces
41689 Magical Ferris Wheel And Slide - 545 pieces
41690 Friends 2021 Advent Calendar - 370 pieces
41667 Olivia's Gaming Cube - 64 pieces
41668 Emma's Fashion Cube - 58 pieces
41669 Mia's Soccer Cube - 56 pieces
41670 Stephanie's Ballet Cube - 59 pieces
41671 Andrea's Swimming Cube - 59 pieces

Hmm the new cubes have already been retired in Australia. That’s really weird considering there are no April release of the cubes this year. Maybe they’re keeping the shorter shelf life just to be consistent? If the new cubes come out in June are retired in September maybe that means we can get the winter cubes? 

14 hours ago, Mooch said:

I saw this list on another site for the summer sets, is it legit?

It seems to match up with thekeeperofthereaper's post above.

41441 Horse Training and Trailer (4+) 148 pieces
41677 Forest Waterfall - 93 pieces
41679 Forest House - 326 pieces
41681 Forest Camper Van and Sailboat - 487 pieces
41682 Heartlake City School - 605 pieces
41683 Forest Horseback Riding Center - 511 pieces
41684 Heartlake City Grand Hotel - 1308 pieces
41685 Magical Funfair Rollercoaster - 974 pieces
41686 Magical Acrobatics - 223 pieces
41687 Magical Funfair Stalls - 361 pieces
41688 Magical Caravan - 348 pieces
41689 Magical Ferris Wheel And Slide - 545 pieces
41690 Friends 2021 Advent Calendar - 370 pieces
41667 Olivia's Gaming Cube - 64 pieces
41668 Emma's Fashion Cube - 58 pieces
41669 Mia's Soccer Cube - 56 pieces
41670 Stephanie's Ballet Cube - 59 pieces
41671 Andrea's Swimming Cube - 59 pieces

Yup here’s the figures: 

41441 - Emma and Stephanie (in equestrian clothes) 
41467 - Olivia
41468 - Emma
41469 - Mia in a sports bra with soccer bib over it 
41470 - Stephanie in ballet clothes 
41471 - Andrea (in one piece with new goggles face)
41677 - Andrea, Olivia, squirrel
41679 - Mia, Ann, Ava, racoon
41681 - Emma, Stephanie, Ethan, raccoon
41682 - Olivia, Julien, Teacher
41683 - Mia, Amelia, little boy, light grey horse with black mane, nougat horse with tan mane, micro Nokk mould as pony
41684 - Emma (in ball gown), Amelia, Stephanie (as a bell hopper), Ethan, bunny, dove, squirrel
41685 - Andrea (all the girls have brightly coloured outfits with face paint), Stella (an acrobat with Padme’s hair in aqua),  Fortune Teller (with Belle’s hair in teal), Camilla (a magician with the Zombie Cheerleader hair in magenta and Azari’s skirt)
41686 - Olivia (in a clown outfit), Stella, black horse with white mane in a braid 
41687 - Mia, Stephanie, River
41688 - Mia, Fortune Teller
41689 - Emma , Henry, Camilla

I imagine the sets will be revealed by some shop around the 20th of April, that tends to happen each year! :laugh:

I always wanted the last hotel but never found it on sale.

I'm currently building 41379, the Restaurant from a few years back. It's a very un Friends like building. But there is a 6x8 junk of it where the stairs are that's completely wasted space. I'm going to have to redo that.

On ‎4‎/‎8‎/‎2021 at 7:25 AM, Soupperson1 said:

41687 - Mia, Stephanie, River

Wait, so we're finally getting River in a set? About time! Makes sense that he's hanging out with Mia but you've got to feel for poor Stephanie.

It will be interesting to see how they replicate his hair piece.

river2.png

On 4/19/2021 at 7:58 PM, ElfLife said:

Wait, so we're finally getting River in a set? About time! Makes sense that he's hanging out with Mia but you've got to feel for poor Stephanie.

It will be interesting to see how they replicate his hair piece.

Yup. The prelims have him using the Sleepyhead hair, but that’s the same hair for Ethan so I doubt they’ll use that. :S 

15 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

Yup. The prelims have him using the Sleepyhead hair, but that’s the same hair for Ethan so I doubt they’ll use that. :S 

I would expect to see him use this hair piece (which was originally introduced for Nakia from Black Panther and young Lando Calrissian from Solo, and was recently used for Andrea's dad Martin).

I'm honestly really happy that LEGO has been introducing more Afro-textured hair pieces like this in recent years. Even if the options they currently have aren't perfect for representing all hairstyles like River's "fade", they are a LOT more accurate than if LEGO's options were still limited to pieces originally designed to represent straight hair, like the Sleepyhead hair piece. And the number of new options in just the past few years gives me a lot of hope that this variety will continue to expand in the future!

This discussion is pretty dead saying that all the pics have been released! All a bit meh apart from the hotel, in my opinion, and even that will have to wait until there’s interior photos. 

All the pictures have been released? I have only seen 4 sets? My problem with the hotel is is the dual pale purple/pink colors. Should have just picked one. I do love the new building style for the pine trees.

Thank you!

Those sets have perfect colors, love the new peg hat the owl has, but probably won't pick any of them up. Looks like this year I'll be saving a lot of money.

I like the tree design, and yet again another Camper Van with nods with a VW Surfbus, which isn't a bad thing as it's a well known "Camper Van" in the real world, and a recurring design in LEGO vans.

Overall, the Forest sets look they will go really well together and not just the trees, the colors just work very well.

Edited by TeriXeri

Big fan of the minidolls in the caravan set - the face printing looks almost "Elves". 

Stella looks interesting too from this perspective. I like the magic theme coming in - a bit different than another "place to buy food"

The tree house doesn't look different enough for me. The Hotel looks interesting, but it will be one that I'd only buy if I saw a really good deal on it rather than a day one set. 

2 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

I like the tree design, and yet again another Camper Van with nods with a VW Surfbus, which isn't a bad thing as it's a well known "Camper Van" in the real world, and a recurring design in LEGO vans.

Overall, the Forest sets look they will go really well together and not just the trees, the colors just work very well.

Agree, though not as enticing as the jungle sets from last year. I loved the waterfalls in the Alpaca mountain and the tiger rescue set. Though I appreciate we've had more of those with the Flower Fruit Mountain from Monkiekid. 

Campervan looked more interesting when I saw the arial shot. 

So the small horse got an update it looks like, with the removeable back piece, and I assume dual moulded hair color , great for minidoll kids to ride I suppose.

That makes a total of 4 big, 2 small horses this year in 3 sets.

Now I also hope minifig horses get some more attention in the future, with the mould still being used for a set like Medieval Blacksmith.

5 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

So the small horse got an update it looks like, with the removeable back piece, and I assume dual moulded hair color , great for minidoll kids to ride I suppose.

Yep! It'd also be great for making pegasus foals using small wing pieces like the ones from the Legends of Chima or Super Mario sets. This mold first appeared in one of the Disney Storybook sets as a microscale version of the Nokk from Frozen 2, and it's great to see it in more "normal" horse colors. That said, I'm surprised that the Horse Training and Trailer set still uses the old foal mold but the new horse mold.

If it's any help, this page has a lot of the new set pictures, including some of the ones Brickset doesn't have yet: https://heartlaketimes.blogspot.com/2021/04/summer-2021-friends-sets.html

The new school and hotel both look very attractive and authentic! I hope we get to see more pictures of the hotel interior soon. The forest sets are also fantastic, from the trees and landscaping to the rustic architecture and adorable raccoons!

Edited by Aanchir

4 hours ago, Aanchir said:

Yep! It'd also be great for making pegasus foals using small wing pieces like the ones from the Legends of Chima or Super Mario sets. This mold first appeared in one of the Disney Storybook sets as a microscale version of the Nokk from Frozen 2, and it's great to see it in more "normal" horse colors. That said, I'm surprised that the Horse Training and Trailer set still uses the old foal mold but the new horse mold.

If it's any help, this page has a lot of the new set pictures, including some of the ones Brickset doesn't have yet: https://heartlaketimes.blogspot.com/2021/04/summer-2021-friends-sets.html

The new school and hotel both look very attractive and authentic! I hope we get to see more pictures of the hotel interior soon. The forest sets are also fantastic, from the trees and landscaping to the rustic architecture and adorable raccoons!

Ellievtoys has a video with some pictures of the hotel interior up on YouTube 

That Surfer Beachfront is indeed quite amazing, the car is quite weak but at least it's not a 4+ big premade chassis so could be changed.

I do hope that €99.99 isnt the actual retail price however.

Edited by TeriXeri

On 5/1/2021 at 1:13 PM, TeriXeri said:

Now I also hope minifig horses get some more attention in the future, with the mould still being used for a set like Medieval Blacksmith.

The Mickey and Donald Duck set has a rabbit, tan horse and a sheep.

The beachfront to me looks like a $60 set. If its $60-70 it's a must have. $100 LEGO can go do things to themselves. But damn LEGO designers, nice job! Pale yellow and light aqua are some of my favorite LEGO colors. 

Edited by Maple

Agree that the price is really steep. I'd be hoping that there is some way to get a discount on that.

A new little set dropped. 41693 Surfer Beachfront. Honestly love it. The teal and yellow color scheme is very South Florida.  The little waterside palm tree is a nice detail I honestly love the set. The new child body is a bit weird tho. The arms are so stiff, wish they made a smaller head to accompany it because the kid mini dolls look like awkward bobble heads lol

Anyways so many interesting recolors of head pieces in this upcoming wave. The builds aren’t the best but a purplish pink ponytail, princess leia hair in aquamarine, Frozen hair bun in red, a lot to see. 

As for the rest of the wave. I am so excited for another school. I plan on getting the hidden side and original friends school and using all of them for figures. I may have mixed figure and mini doll settings. But even though I’ve grown to really appreciate the builds for Lego friends, the dolls aren’t always my cup of tea. I love the elves dolls because of the designs but just regular mini dolls in human clothing kind of bore me. The new hotel is also a must have. Besides those 2 large builds and the surfer set the wave is meh.

Reviews of the summer sets have started to trickle out. I wonder does this mean the Circus sets are actually releasing in June like the other sets and not July like we previously thought? Retailers getting sets almost two months early would be pretty shocking. :P

16 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

Reviews of the summer sets have started to trickle out. I wonder does this mean the Circus sets are actually releasing in June like the other sets and not July like we previously thought? Retailers getting sets almost two months early would be pretty shocking. :P

They could be releasing in different months in different countries. It isn't all that uncommon for new waves of sets to have slightly different release schedules in different parts of the world — for instance, with stores in Europe getting a wave a month or two earlier or later than stores in North America. But sites reporting on new sets can sometimes be a bit lax in acknowledging these discrepancies between countries.

Surfer beachfront is on Lego com - £60 in the UK. Much more reasonable than I thought it was going to be!

Looking at the pictures of the horseback riding centre - how can they imply that the minidolls are that articulated? They simply can't do that with their legs surely?