Klaus-Dieter

Friends 2021 - Rumours & Discussion

I must say that I love every single one of the regular system sets. The building especially look nice. Andreas house Is definitely the standout, the colors are gorgeous and I love the style of the building. The garage is a brilliant touch and the minidolls are amazing.
The organic cafe is very colorful, but in a good inviting way while the cinema looks fun and very unique both in style and color scheme. The smaller sets are cute and the Dalmatian puppy along with the kitten are absolutely adorable. The best thing of this overall wave are the minidolls. We are finally getting more per set! The standouts are the new characters: the two kids, the grandpa, the actress, the movie Theater employee and Andreas parents. I’m pretty sure this wave has the first male minidolls with glasses. Andreas dad and the boy in the cinema (at least it seems like he has glasses). Overall the regular sets are all very good.

But the cubes to me look off... I don’t really know what it is, but both the outside and the inside look very odd. I like the concept, and the animal faces are all cute, but the execution is lacking. The insides are all very bland and the stickers look almost too cartoony. At least every cube has a new torso, and Stephanie has some cute cat ears. Emma’s face print tough ends up looking funny imo. 

40 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

Andrea's house, actually! As a fan of the TV series I love that her little sister and dad are finally appearing in a set, and that the house features a literal garage band to suit their talent for the performing arts!

oops sorry i always get those 2 mixed up somehow i will likely get the house but at a later date now i just need pictures of the vet themed sets

i love love that cat grooming car and im sure the orange cat is a new mould ,while waiting for the january sets i think ill get 2 sets that are on a pre black friday sale heartlake city aeroplane and the jungle rescue base and i will likely regret it if i dont

it feels like lego friends sets get treated unfairly by a lot of builders but i love bright colourful sets

5 hours ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

i love love that cat grooming car and im sure the orange cat is a new mould ,while waiting for the january sets i think ill get 2 sets that are on a pre black friday sale heartlake city aeroplane and the jungle rescue base and i will likely regret it if i dont

it feels like lego friends sets get treated unfairly by a lot of builders but i love bright colourful sets

I agree that Friends gets treated unfairly by a lot of builders! That cat car and little kitten are DARLING!

The bright colors are so fun and the details of the Friend's building are once again so great! 

19 minutes ago, sunhuntin said:

Keen to see what the animals are in the new cubes, and the colors.

I would assume that the species at least are the same ones the cubes are designed based on—Flamingo, Dalmatian, Cat, Pug, and Bunny. The cat and dalmatian molds are probably the same ones that appear in 41439 and 41443, respectively. Colors are a mystery but it's possible that they also match the cubes themselves, in which case they'd each probably come in coral, white, cool yellow, light pink, and light blue.

yeah it feels like even the so called lego youtubers are stuck up like mandrproductions when it comes to friends

i just bought the heartlake city aeroplane for a pretty good deal my very first aeroplane in lego form

1 hour ago, sunhuntin said:

Keen to see what the animals are in the new cubes, and the colors.

From what I can see on the side of the box they’re orange, lilac, light pink and a dark turquoise colour (sorry don’t know the official Lego colour names). There’s better images on this site: https://www.vandermeulen.com/en-gb/lego-41666-friends-andrea-s-bunny-cube-2006753

On 11/20/2020 at 10:04 PM, DragonElves said:

Some friends sets have leaked, I like the idea of the cubes but not too sure about the execution of them and the builds inside seem to have taken a step back. Also not too happy about the loss of translucent lids on the cubes but always happy about new animals. I think the micro dolls make great children for mini dolls and I like the new bald man hair. The new kitten is adorable :wub:

I liked the new cubes.

2 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

I liked the new cubes.

Yes me too, don’t get me wrong I’ll be getting all of them when they come out! I just think they’ve made the builds inside much simpler, I think this is probably because of the ears on the outside. As these cubes are aimed at younger girls it’s a shame as it makes it more about simple play than perhaps initiating an interest in building like I thought previous cubes did so well.

5 hours ago, DragonElves said:

Yes me too, don’t get me wrong I’ll be getting all of them when they come out! I just think they’ve made the builds inside much simpler, I think this is probably because of the ears on the outside. As these cubes are aimed at younger girls it’s a shame as it makes it more about simple play than perhaps initiating an interest in building like I thought previous cubes did so well.

I agree- these are simple builds but I think the accessories/pieces/prints make up for that for other more established Lego fans.  Just watching my daughter as a builder- she LOVES new parts, new accessories, new ANIMALS etc to add to her builds.  These cubes are her bread and butter, tbh.  She can spend her allowance and get new little treasures to add to her world.  I haven't shown them to her but I can already hear the squeal!  My son really enjoys them too for what it is worth.  He HAD to have a sloth so he got his own cube and frequently incorporates his sister's cube into his own play/builds.  

I really hope City adopts a similar line- I think they could function really well as parts packs/ impulse buys that aren't vehicles that could cover city buildings or themes that might not warrant their own larger set.  There are a lot of possibilities different Museum or Library vignettes,  Pet adoption, Wildlife Rehab, a themed food fair etc etc.  All with named City characters or citizens with fun prints.  Getting off topic, so I digress. : )

We skipped the summer cubes because they were kind of meh to my DD.  I would love to see future cubes that maybe stepped away from the main friends and veered into other characters.  Perhaps a line where one could create themselves in minidoll form? 

I sent my friend my full thoughts on the sets. For anyone who likes long opinions on sets this is for you! xD 

New cubes - This year I bought a single cube from each series, in January I will be buying the lot. XP I’m not in love with these, but for €10 each I think they’re more than worth it. I find it bizzare how they can justify an exclusive colour of both sides for each girl and a printed front, where as this year each side of each cube was in 5 sets each. XP I’m not sure I like the graphic style of the printed fronts, but at least they’re something special? :P I really like the buildable ears on Mia’s and Stephanie’s. I wish the rest used bricks instead of those cloth/felt pieces. I’m not sure I’ll keep on the top parts either way as I stack my current ones. :P All cubes have an exclusive torso linked to the animals which I think is another amazing addition. Most of the outfits this year weren’t exclusive. The new faces are much better than this year’s ones too! We finally have sunglasses and that face paint is hilarious. XD There’s some other really nice pieces too including the bone in teal, a new watermelon print, a light pink frog, a red BB8 head and new cat ears! I also don’t have the blue bird, blue balloon dog and yellow leaves so I’m equally excited about them! The builds inside the cubes are definitely a slight downgrade, but if that’s the price I have to pay for all the other positives I’m more than happy. If I’m going to be nit picky I don’t like how the bases are repeated from the jungle series and that Mia’s is repeated from the first series. I think they should’ve been consistent and a new colour, which would’ve been consistent with the previous series. :P Speaking of previous series I don’t like how they’re repeating the flamingo, but luckily I don’t have that one. The colour choices are pink, FYO, lavender and teal. I still don’t like how they repeat colours! Off the top of my head still haven’t done red, orange, dark orange, gunmetal silver, dark green, bright green, green, sand green, lime, blue, medium blue, light royal blue, medium azure and sand blue! That’s not even counting the natural shades of browns, tans, black, white and greys! :P Oh and obviously no transparents or white glow, but those could be cool. :3 In all I’m very pleased with these I just have some minor complaints, which are all pretty nitpicky. :P 

The little cat car seems to be a direct remake of the 2018 one and I’m surprised that of all sets sold well. :P I really love aqua and I’m glad to see it in such abundant amounts here! I also like how substantial the side build is for a €10 set. Speaking of which, after 9 years they finally upped the minidoll count in sets! Now it’s comparable to City. :D The best part of the set is the new kitten mould! I think these baby animals would easily fit into regular minifigure stuff, especially once you get past the holes in the head. I’m shocked at the set’s initial release that kitten in dark orange is exclusive too. I might have to Bricks and Pieces them.

There’s another new baby animal in the next set, a baby dalmatian! I love it’s mould just as much as the last one. This is another really good set with two great builds, but like the last I won’t be getting it. I have plenty of Friends vehicles including two cars of Olivia already! Again €15 for two mini-dolls is fantastic!  

When I first saw the café I thought I have to get this, but now after seeing the back of the set I don’t think I will. Those vintage arch panels look gorgeous but I think it’s too difficult to try and build with them. They’re a really an awkward shape and they always leave gaps no mater what you put beside them. The lime, FYO and white colour scheme is very reminiscent of the juice bar, with some pink thrown in to replace the orange. I already have the juice bar and the much better City Park Café on display so I don’t really need an in between model. :P I do really like the sandwich builds, the terrace, the recycling centre, simplistic tables and 3D sign! The smoothie cart is also quite fun! The minidolls are the best part though, two new characters! Last year there were only 6 new characters total and one of those were Mrs. Claus and another an elf. :P I quite like the microdolls as children now that they’ve introduced this new skirted mould. Ava’s face is great too, I just wish they introduced a slightly smaller head like how the older males have a slightly taller one. Ooh and the pigtails piece finally appears in a Friends set! Marcel looks great too in my eyes. I love his jumper, face and hair! I’ve wanted an elderly man for years and it’s great to finally get one. I wonder if they’ll reuse his face for Santa? :o I’ll probably just bricks and pieces/bricklink our new characters, unless I can find the set at a significant discount.

The cinema is supposedly €50 which seems ridiculous from these images, it looks more like a €35 - €40 set. I’m hoping there’s more too it than that website suggests! XD I do really like it though and I’ll 100% pick it up. I think it will look nice on display next to the other friends shops, though I’ll have to modify it to make it slightly smaller to be in the same scale. I really like the old times movie theatre design to this set. The sign and ticket booth parts are both really fun. As is the colour scheme - aqua, red, dark blue, medium azure, white and lavender! I think the lavender will kill the chances for a lot of AFOLS buying the set but oh well. :P I don’t get why the red carpet section has Friends as the backing though, the sets have never been that self referential. Anywho I’m glad there’s a brick built screen included too for kids whose parents won’t let them borrow their phones. :P Again two new characters, but this time Andrea has a new outfit too! LEGO are for some reason refusing to put Andrea in teal, FYO or aqua clothes even though they’re part of her colour scheme. I think this is her fourth magenta top within the reboot alone. XP Oh well at least she looks nice and I’m glad kids will be able to get a complete party dress from one set, rather than having to piece one together. I’m over the moon Amelia isn’t white. Toy companies tend to have white characters be the famous character, e.g. Livi and it’s great to have one of colour. :P Amelia has light brown eyes and really plump lips, so she stands out from all of the other darker characters too! I like her teal dress and I’m hoping this is a hint at a teal Merida coming soon. :3 The only thing I don’t like about Amelia is her hair! The last nougat character just had that piece in lavender and the only other nougat girl is Olivia. You think they’d give the new character a different hair piece? :/ I don’t really like having Friends females without holes in their hairs too. There’s already Andrea’s old hair, Olivia mother’s, Emily Jones’, Martina’s, all the Disney Princess’, Cassandra’s, all the DC Girls and a few minifigure ones to choose from! At least her hair is a recolour? Jessica Cruz can finally get the hairpiece she had in the movie she came with. XP Julien also gets a recoloured hair which appears for the first time on a mini doll! I think it looks quite well and I really like his new face - glasses! His torso is very reminiscent of Nate’s from The Grand Hotel but I’m not sure what else they could’ve done and mats in the iconic look. 

I love Andrea’s House! I’m kind of amazed at how all the colours line up perfectly at the front. Aqua is my favorite colour and I’m over the moon we finally have a building that’s majority is made up of it. The teal, magenta, lavender, medium lavender, gold and dark blue accents all look great too. I think the purple parts don’t mesh quite as well, but there’s so few of those I can’t really complain. I really like the giant teal arch design, bay view windows and the use of those curved plates as windowsills! There’s another terrace here and it looks just as good. The only nitpicks I have are: the balcony doesn’t go the full way and the pool seems kind of random. :P We don’t have the best pictures of the interior but it looks great so far. The last few houses have all had too much open space and this utilises all the plates available without keeping it cluttered for the most part. The table is nice and I’m really glad there is actually five chairs! The kitchen is smaller than what we’re used too. I don’t think there’s a fridge, but we don’t have a great picture of it. There is a sink, oven and hot plate which is good enough I guess. :P I thought the garage would be empty beside the instruments, but there’s   at least a washing machine! I wonder if there’s any other hidden goodies? :3 A living room upstairs seems kind of weird to me, but it looks gorgeous! You seem to be able to fit 4 minidolls on the couches! :D There’s also a pink opaly lamp and I’m really glad the person on the tv is black as in almost ever other set she’s white. The bathroom is really small but it still manages to feel complete. We don’t have the best view of the bedroom but at least both girls get a bed and I imagine a lot of kids who buy this will relate to the bunk bed. The minidolls! Three new faces! The last time we got that was in DC Girls. It’s great to finally have a black man in Friends! He has glasses too which sets him apart from the other dads and men in general. :P Im really glad I’ll finally be able to get that spikier hair too and it also looks great on a minidoll. I’m a bit disappointed by his torso being almodg a recolour of the 4+ James’ but at least I have two Jameses and I can use the other one on the shelf Marvin will be on. :P I find it funny that all 5 dads have used the same leg piece now! We finally get another medium nougat woman in this theme! I don’t get why they stopped doing secondary ones in 2018 as before that there were at least two a year. :P Her face looks great! It’s a shame they didn’t bring back Andrea’s old hair piece back or create a new one as again I think minidolls should have holes for accessories! This hairpiece does look great on her though! She wears spring green too and we have barley any mini doll pieces in that colour. I don’t like how she’s wearing the same skirt mould as the two teenage girls in the set, but oh well. Liz looks great too! The bumblebee hair in dark brown is a win and I really like her cool yellow dress. I just wish her eyes were darker! :P Andrea’s new outfit seems unnecessary but I’ll take it! >:D I agree that Stephanie’s shoe horned in as they’re afraid it won’t sell otherwise. :/ I don’t get why she’s in an bikini esc top as I think that’ll make kids only put her in the pool if they’re detail oriented. :P

Ellie V Toys found the park set: https://www.youtube.com/post/UgxeFq9PO5vCLtIQZQJ4AaABCQ Look at those new balcony pieces! :wub: Also it’s great to get a little boy who isn’t an elf. :P A recolour or that hairpiece too!

Update: it came from good old Promobricks! https://www.promobricks.de/lego-friends-2021-neuheiten/112615/

Edited by Soupperson1
Update with new info

That park is seriously stunning, and something new for the line. Loving all the details. The birthday setup is so fun. Kinda wish they used the actual piñata piece from series 20 though. This is a set that will fit into anybody’s city. It’s amazing to get another kid, especially with dark eyes! i would have preferred getting a dad or a mom with him, but maybe he is ethans brother? Also like ethans new hoodie. Overall another great set for such a great wave. I can’t wait to see the March sets now!

Edited by Rambo260

On 11/26/2020 at 7:39 AM, Soupperson1 said:

Ellie V Toys found the park set: https://www.youtube.com/post/UgxeFq9PO5vCLtIQZQJ4AaABCQ Look at those new balcony pieces! :wub: Also it’s great to get a little boy who isn’t an elf. :P A recolour or that hairpiece too!

Update: it came from good old Promobricks! https://www.promobricks.de/lego-friends-2021-neuheiten/112615/

The balcony pieces are the same pieces making up the bay windows in the house too. Those will be super useful.

4 hours ago, DragonElves said:

Aw, dang, that's stunning! It's definitely a more robust design than previous LEGO Friends helicopters, and I'm intrigued by what appears to be a new 4x4x1 dome piece on each side. It also does some cool stuff with its scenery, like the waves breaking against the island or the gnarled-looking Medium Nougat tree near the jetty.

The rescue scenario does seem a little mundane to require a vehicle of this size — perhaps if the background art were a little bit stormier to match the crashing waves, I might feel slightly more convinced about using a helicopter (rather than, say, a rowboat) to rescue a baby bunny trapped out on the lake. Also, some brick-built driftwood probably would have helped to communicatee how a baby bunny could have gotten stranded so far from shore in the first place. But overall, I'm glad to see how well this stands out from previous LEGO Friends sets while still feeling like a natural fit for Heartlake City!

EDIT: Also, the same site where some pics of upcoming LEGO City sets were discovered recently also has pics of the LEGO Friends Doggy Day-Care! https://learningexpressgifts.com/products/doggy-day-care-lego-friends-41691 I love the sign and rainbow awning, and it also has another color for the new puppy mold we saw in Olivia's Electric Car!

Edited by Aanchir

I love the new vet clinic and the mall! Definitely getting those for my city. 

I also see a working escalator! Awesome! Can’t wait to see how that works. 

What makes the set with the blind minidoll great is that it is a perfectly regular set.
In the case of 60154 (the City set with the girl in a wheelchair) they had to design the whole set around the wheelchair: ramp at the bus stop, special doors on the bus - which made glaring that Lego buses usually aren't wheelchair accessible.
But if you replaced the blind minidoll here with any other minidoll, the set would stay exactly the same.

What a big March wave! I wonder if the one summer will be smaller as a result? 

• Doggy daycare - I think the old one was much better. This one isn’t awful and there’s obviously a lot more too it than a City build, but it feels kind of plain. A lot of the interior builds are stickers and I think the only clever build is the water slide tube as a tube for a dog to run through. That’s not really a build though. :P I like the idea of a medium lavender and dark purple building, but the white at the bottom ruins it. Also the rainbow awning is really garish. I think it would’ve looked better if they did an actual rainbow but the colours are really random. Some are pastel and some aren’t. It just looks bad. I also think too many pieces went into the sign, especially when there’s a very similar one in the vet. :S The last thing I don’t like about it is that the inside o the shop extends to the garden area. That just feels lazy. Why is one dog sleeping outside? XP I’m glad they invested in a new print for the poodle’s scarf, but I think that dog has convinced me that collecting every unique friends animal was always a silly idea. :P The new puppy looks great too, but he’s also in he vet. I think it’s weird that both girls are in skirts, but at least both outfits are rather rare in this theme. I’m glad that Roxy is reappearing. This wave had an overwhelming amount of new characters and it’s nice to give kids (and adults) who collect a break. :P 
  • Vet Helicopter - The majority of the build for the vehicle is really nice, but I really don’t like the propellers. I also don’t like how much space the cockpit leaves when closed and there’s no controls for Stephanie! :S On a positive I like the colours and look a new dome piece, where is Friends stealing this budget from? XD The little island is a nice build, but it doesn’t really look like the bunny is in that much danger from the crab. :P The pier build is a rather generous size considering this set is 20 bucks! Neither minidoll is exclusive, nor are the three animals. Stephanie’s outfit is new though. I think they succeeded in making a vet outfit that could also double as a casual outfit for kids who wanted both. I would’ve liked the magenta to be coral, as it would’ve felt more special as we have so many magenta clothes already. Water is now medium azure, neat?
  • The Mall - Eh. I’m confuzzled. Part of me really likes this set and another part doesn’t. I think it’s a really good set for young girls getting into Friends and while the set is expensive I think there’s enough in it to keep kids occupied for weeks of play. The set also feels more like a mall then the last one which really just felt like a shopping street with a plain building plopped in the middle. The good thing about the shopping street angle though is the last mall goes with all the other friends shops and restaurants, this one would look too out of place. I think I will get it though as I have enough parts to modify the individual shops, especially when all of them are new bar one. Let’s go one by one and I’ll try not to keep you too long. XD Most of these shops could’ve been a stand alone set, but the music one is the one that should’ve been one most. There’s so many more instruments they could’ve included! There’s only drums, a keyboard, headphones, a record and then a gold instrument which I can’t quite make out. I know there’s stickers of more items on all of the walls, but that always feels like a cop out. I’m also not able to see individual cash registers in these shops, which would be a really weird design choice. :S I can now talk about the exterior of all the shops as they’re all the same. There’s medium azure, yellow, pink stripes at the bottom and then white for the rest bar the medium azure doors and transparent windows. All shops have curved transparent windows too, as otherwise they literally would’ve been flat. Friends is really good at having different signs but all of these have the same 3x3 round white tile with their shop’s logo. Not a single shop has a brick built embellishment. :/ The accessory store is are only repeat and I’m really confused. Why did they recolour the Gal Gadot hair for an accessory shop when it can’t hold accessories. :S Im very happy with the other recolour of the cat ears in purple though! The video game (?) shop has a nice robot build, a gaming computer (which I hope people claim references Mr. Cavill’s attempt to get people care about him playing Superman) and a pink controller! I also think that might be an arcade machine in the corner. :o The logo suggests a general science shop which this doesn’t seem to be, odd. The sweet shop looks great as it stole that technique from TLNM. I don’t think o have any of those pastel 1x1s either. :3 I hope there’s more included than just the four lollipops we can see. I think stickers on 1x2s of different boxes of sweets would be really nice and cost effective, but LEGO seems reluctant to give useful stickers like those. :P The toy shop has the CMF bunny (yay), a fire truck and doll house. Again where’s the stickers of lego sets? :(  Maybe there’s some more surprises in store but I’m doubtful. I like the slide into the ball pit, but that would’ve looked so much better if it was inside. I do like how the colour of the slide matches the stairs on the other side. Those awful 2017 stairs seemingly have been discontinued and I’m thrilled to see the classic ones back. :3 The builds upstairs are really lackluster. They’re so tiny! Two bubble teas, two brick built sushis and a cookie jar (which might have new cookies as they appear to be dark orange) are all that’s for sale. An entire floor for that! :P I do like the idea of different cultures in a food court but neither gets enough pieces to get justice served! :P Oh I also don’t like how the centre piece has a tea set when there’s nowhere to buy it from. Why are there only three seats too? :( The centre sign is weird too. It’s a nice idea to have a heart shaped shopping bag but I think the execution was poorly done.
  • The Mall part 2 - I’ll talk about everything else from the mall here as that got too long. xD Most of this is positive, yay! The gold balconies are great, but they’ll be almost impossible for kids to replicate even in different colours if they wanted to expand this mall. I like how the floor plates go in a gradient of purple, that’s really neat. The escalator is also beautiful! I can’t wait to see it in use. The cherry blossom trees are also nice, but I don’t think they really fit well. The fashion show area has been reduced to a turntable, but I guess it’s nice it’s there at all. :P I guess there’s not really any fashions to display bar hair accessories and that one skirt they refuse to put in a different colour. I love the photo section! I found it shocking it took them 5 years after the hot dog van to do another one. :P A cat, flower and unicorn seems like a weird choice but maybe they’re doing that intentionally to foster creativity or something? :P Oh I like the pram build too! Now for figures - mostly yay. I always wanted that Olivia skirt but it’s only come in sets I didn’t want. I’m so happy I’ll finally be able to get it. :3 I already have her torso though and I’m sure most Friends fans have it too as it appeared in at least 5 of Olivia’s sets already. For some reason Olivia and Mia don’t get new outfits, while Emma and Andrea get them left right and centre. Speaking of which Emma has a new outfit here. It looks visually distinct from all her other outfits but still keeps in her in Korean fashion which I’ve always liked. The colours are really nice too. Emma’s whole family is in this set too! On the one hand I’m really glad as all the girls families bar Olivia’s have appeared from 2019 - 2021, but on the other there’s no employees for these shops! :S Maybe they’re raiding? :P Emma’s dad looks nothing like her step dad from the show, so I hope this is expressing some designer’s personal belief about divorced parents having to be civil or something. :P I’m glad we’re getting more creased eyes but they really need to stop reusing that hair for minidolls, I continue to think it looks bad. :P His torso is nice but I find it weird he shares legs with Emma’s love interest. Emma’s mother looks fantastic and all her four pieces are new! Her top also looks Korean to me. :3 Henry being reused here has convinced me not to get the park and I’m. It mad about that. Sophie’s cool yellow wrap is new too. :D The most bizzare thing is the naming of Emma’s siblings comes from Olivia’s Aunt and Uncle pre reboot. Why would designers name them after a romantic couple? :S I think I’ll wait until I get this set at a large enough discount, but I’ll definitely get it at some stage.
  • Vet - This I love. :pir-love: I really like everything about the main build. The fact it’s two floors, the angled roof, the arch over the stables, the brick built sign and the colours look amazing together! I’m very excited to see the interior too! Thankfully the great build comes with great figures! Savannah gets four new pieces including Aurora’s hair in black! Apart from Anna’s Coronation hair, Friends has been avoiding reusing Disney Princess hairs recently so I’m thrilled that has come to a stop. I assume kids want hairs you can put accessories in. :P The colours in her outfit are distinct from Olivia which wasn’t true for Nina, the first other girl of their skin tone. Yay. I thought her sunglasses were a weird choice, but looking further she actually appears to be blind with a cane. Neat. The rest of you noticed this too which hopefully means so will kids! Andrea’s mother is a vet in the show so it’s great to see her in here, I assumed they’d chose some white character instead. I don’t like how her outfit is so similar to Doctor Maria’s from last year. The legs should’ve been medium azure. :S Also I find it funny they had to change her hair to Emma’s mother to fit the vet cap. :P Mia has Stephanie’s new vet torso but she reuses her purple shorts which must’ve come in 20 sets by now. :S One bad piece doesn’t ruin the minifigure selection though! :P There’s so many animals here too at five, including two exclusives! I don’t like the shaping of the mane and tail on the new horse, but maybe it will grow on me. I never really liked the old horse mould and this is definitely an improvement. The guide dog is new too! A male Labrador with brown eyes just like mine! :D I think he has a coral neckerchief though, if only it was a blue collar. :P I wasn’t planning on getting the sets with the dark orange kitten or light brown puppy so I’m delighted I can get them here. It’ll be nice to get those moulds in normal colours. :P The turtle crossing road seems silly without a vehicle, but at least not to many pieces were used and it’s a new rescue scenario. I stopped getting sets day one a while ago, as I used to wait for a sale but during the pandemic I didn’t mind buying sets full price. I also wasn’t that mad at myself when the sets I bought did reduce in price as at least I can say I helped the Irish economy. :P I think I might actually get this day 1 if it is indeed €40.
  • Bakery - For a 4+ set this is pretty good. I like the lavender bricks and magenta awning over the transparent blue window. The colours in general are pretty nice. I like the drive through function as well and putting the ice cream pieces in that fence is genius part usage. I definitely won’t get this set but I’m excited to see a better look at the prints! The figures here are lame, but I think it’s important that little kids are able to get all five girls in a cost effective way. I just wish they’d give Olivia a wider variety of skirts, that cool yellow one must’ve appeared in 20 sets. :S
  • Buggy - For 10 bucks this is excellent. You get a complete looking vehicle with consistent colours that go together, a nice sizeable bit of nice looking foliage, a decent play feature, a lovely picnic mat print, the new baby Dalmatian, a new Stephanie and exclusive Andrea. I would’ve definitely got this set last year, but I think I have too many 2021 sets on my wishlist to get this one. :P My only nitpick is it would’ve been nice if Andrea’s outfit matched the ones worn by Stephanie, Emma and Mia. It’s weird they’re all matching and she’s not.
  • Vet Cinic Ambulance - While Andrea’s torso doesn’t match, the designers didn’t even bother with Olivia. She reuses the top from the mall and those 5 other sets. XP Lame. Lamer she reuses that darn cool yellow skirt. Emma’s skirt might’ve appeared in too many sets by now too, but at least it’s colours match huge vet accessories? There’s two new cats here - an adult tan one and a baby sand blue one which is the same colour as Emma’s cat. Neat. The more baby bunnies we get the better I say! That’s one chunky ambulance. XD I like the colours and the opening window doubling as a stand to treat the animals though. There seems to be an interior and a wheel the girls can actually hold too. Finally. I have no idea what’s going on with the side build. It’s a very generous size for this sets price though and the colours used for the tree are all nice. I wonder if there will be any interior? Besides the tree I’m also excited to see better angles of the gears representing a whirlpool!
Edited by Soupperson1

12 hours ago, teljesnegyzet said:

What makes the set with the blind minidoll great is that it is a perfectly regular set.
In the case of 60154 (the City set with the girl in a wheelchair) they had to design the whole set around the wheelchair: ramp at the bus stop, special doors on the bus - which made glaring that Lego buses usually aren't wheelchair accessible.
But if you replaced the blind minidoll here with any other minidoll, the set would stay exactly the same.

I don't feel like that was a bad thing in the case of the City bus station. To me it seemed less like a case of the designers going:

"Dangit, we're supposed to include a wheelchair in this set? Now we have to rethink the entire design!"

…and more a case of them going:

"How can we make this set feel new and different compared to other LEGO sets with buses? Oh, right, we have that wheelchair piece now, don't we? Let's put a wheelchair ramp and a wheelchair entrance in this set!"

Frankly, I wouldn't mind if more sets ended up embracing that kind of opportunity. For example, I'd love to see a future installment in the Modular Buildings Collection with a wheelchair-accessible elevator inside and a wheelchair ramp out front, given that the only elevator in the series so far uses a door too narrow for wheelchairs to fit through and requires climbing a few stairs to even reach the elevator door in the first place.

12 hours ago, Aanchir said:

I don't feel like that was a bad thing in the case of the City bus station.

What I was trying to say is:

Teaching children that "people with disabilites are perfectly normal and they are just one of us" is a great thing. But the right way to do it is just randomly include minifigs and minidolls with disabilities in sets where any other figure could be instead. It has the message that they aren't different. 

This vet and 60134 Fun in the Park are good examples.

In the case of the bus, the girl with the wheelchair isn't just a random passenger. If you replaced her, the set would become somewhat pointless, because it is centered around her. Maybe it's just me, but it can be interpreted as "she isn't normal, she needs a special Lego set" instead of "she is just like the others".