Klaus-Dieter

Friends 2021 - Rumours & Discussion

Hello everybody! ?

A list for the Winter 2021 Friends sets appeared on the usual place:

41444 Organic Cafe (30 dollars), 41447 Park (40 dollars), 41448 Cinema (50 dollars), 41449 Andrea's House (70 dollars) and 41450 Shopping Mall (100 dollars) could be interesting if the buildings were (minimum) two floors tall, had decent sidewalls and if the colors weren't too extremely girlish, don't you think?

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

1 hour ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

Hello everybody! ?

A list for the Winter 2021 Friends sets appeared on the usual place:

41444 Organic Cafe (30 dollars), 41447 Park (40 dollars), 41448 Cinema (50 dollars), 41449 Andrea's House (70 dollars) and 41450 Shopping Mall (100 dollars) could be interesting if the buildings were (minimum) two floors tall, had decent sidewalls and if the colors weren't too extremely girlish, don't you think?

I agree! I especially like the idea of a park if it has lots of detail and the animal cubes are exciting.  The cubes have been a slam dunk in this house.

Some more 2021 sets are listed via brickshop.eu

Dutch price (could be €5-10 higher then Germany on some sets)

Some sets listed as 28 December 2021, others as 19 February 2021

LEGO 41439 Cat Grooming Car €9,99

LEGO 41440 Heartlake City Bakery €19,99

LEGO 41442 Vet Clinic Rescue Buggy €9,99

LEGO 41443 Olivia's Electric Car €14,99

LEGO 41444 Heartlake City Organic Cafe €29,99

LEGO 41445 Vet Clinic Ambulance €29,99

LEGO 41446 Heartlake City Vet Clinic €39,99

LEGO 41448 Heartlake City Movie Theater €54,99

LEGO 41449 Andrea's Family House €79,99

LEGO 41450 Heartlake City Shopping Mall €99,99

Cubes

LEGO 41662 Olivia's Flamingo Cube €9,99

LEGO 41663 Emma's Dalmatian Cube €9,99

LEGO 41664 Mia's Pug Cube €9,99

LEGO 41665 Stephanie's Cat Cube €9,99

LEGO 41666 Andrea's Bunny Cube €9,99

Edited by TeriXeri

I wonder if the winter cubes were cancelled? It’s rare we wouldn’t know about regular retail sets coming out in December on November 1st. I can’t find them on a single shopping site listed as coming soon. :( Hopefully if that leaked list I’d right and they continue with cubes next year they’ll release only two or three series a year, this five series strategy was a disaster! 

14 minutes ago, Soupperson1 said:

I wonder if the winter cubes were cancelled? It’s rare we wouldn’t know about regular retail sets coming out in December on November 1st. I can’t find them on a single shopping site listed as coming soon. :( Hopefully if that leaked list I’d right and they continue with cubes next year they’ll release only two or three series a year, this five series strategy was a disaster! 

I hope that the series will continue.

4 hours ago, Ragana9289 said:

I hope that the series will continue.

The rumored set list has 41662 - 41666 listed as cubes, so it looks like they are continuing. I doubt they’d completely get rid off the impulse buy sets for their core girls theme. They might just be limiting the amount of sets released, which is why the winter cubes seem to be canceled. They might show up randomly on December 1st but I’m doubtful. 

6 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

The 2021 cubes were listed as the Brickshop.eu website, but seems they have removed all the 2021 sets at the moment , not just Friends, City sets were previously listed there as well.

brickmerge.de still has the new Friends sets listed 

Overall, I think release dates might be pushed forward into 2021 a bit, multiple themes like City/3-in-1/Ninjago seem to have at least split their release dates , with a wave after 26 December/January, and a later wave  February-April (varies per theme)

I don't think we'll see sets December 1st.

Edited by TeriXeri

16 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

The 2021 cubes were listed as the Brickshop.eu website, but seems they have removed all the 2021 sets at the moment , not just Friends, City sets were previously listed there as well.

brickmerge.de still has the new Friends sets listed 

Overall, I think release dates might be pushed forward into 2021 a bit, multiple themes like City/3-in-1/Ninjago seem to have at least split their release dates , with a wave after 26 December/January, and a later wave  February-April (varies per theme)

I don't think we'll see sets December 1st.

Brickshop.eu wasn’t the first place to list these sets though. The Instagram leakers who leaked the rest of the themes had the same set numbers. 

The December 1st sets I was referring to are 41415-41419, which were supposed to release in September of this year. Not January of next. The summer cubes took the September slot outside America (who got the jungle cubes at that date). The winter ones are advertised at the back of the summer cubes’ instructions but only in the Oceania region.

4 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

Brickshop.eu wasn’t the first place to list these sets though. The Instagram leakers who leaked the rest of the themes had the same set numbers. 

I know, it wasn't about being the first, but it was an actual shop showing those numbers, so a reliable source of what was coming, also had a City Police Boat on there which was never on instagram lists.

As for the 2020 "winter"cubes, didn't know they were actually advertised already.

The Lego site says they are still coming later this year but maybe it’s just an oversight on their part. I really hope they’re not cancelled as I imagine they would have brought us some great mini doll torsos.

A new puppy has leaked in the usual place. It’s orange and has face printing so may be another sign the winter cubes are coming next month to some countries.

The LEGO Winter Catalog was released today. No sign of the winter cubes. Oddly American catalog shows the shopping cubes and says that the summer ones are coming in September, which they didn’t. :S Meanwhile Australian one shows the summer ones but has no advertisement for the winter ones.

7 hours ago, DragonElves said:

A new puppy has leaked in the usual place. It’s orange and has face printing so may be another sign the winter cubes are coming next month to some countries.

I think the puppy is in medium nougat not orange. If it is orange it’s dark orange and Friends already released a dog in that colour in a 4+ set this year. Non metallic heart shaped markings are also found on the orca and turtle which were released in regular sets. 

I do really like the new puppy mould though! The more baby animals we get the better! I much prefer the more minifigure style eyes on the baby animals and of course they’re all tiny and cute. I think it’s ridiculous we’re supposed to think the regular dog moulds are supposed to be adults now. :P I’ll give them the pugs but not the rest. XD

That puppy is so cute! It looks too “normal” to be in a cube. Im betting he will be in one of the vet sets. I’m hoping we get more Different house pets in the subtheme, a little kitty would be adorable!:wub:

Edited by Rambo260

58 minutes ago, Rambo260 said:

That puppy is so cute! It looks too “normal” to be in a cube. Im betting he will be in one of the vet sets. I’m hoping we get more Different house pets in the subtheme, a little kitty would be adorable!:wub:

Yes if we’re getting a puppy I don’t see why we shouldn’t get a kitten. That might be the reason why they’re giving another cat in the next cubes, they’re not repeating a mould after all!

13 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

The LEGO Winter Catalog was released today. No sign of the winter cubes. Oddly American catalog shows the shopping cubes and says that the summer ones are coming in September, which they didn’t. :S Meanwhile Australian one shows the summer ones but has no advertisement for the winter ones.

This means that they may not exist.

21 minutes ago, Ragana9289 said:

This means that they may not exist.

They definitely exist as they were advertised on the back of the summer cubes in the Oceania region and @DragonElves found that LEGO.com lists them in name only as coming soon on the Play Cubes page. However if they’re being released is up for debate! :P  

This website (https://jedijacpenguin.com/everythingweknowaboutLEGO2021.htm) which I believe got its information from BrickShop.eu listed the amount of minidolls coming in each of next year’s sets, but they must be wrong? I’d find it very weird if they started increasing the amount of minidolls across the board at once, rather than just a few selected sets to see the sales differences. 

5 hours ago, Soupperson1 said:

This website (https://jedijacpenguin.com/everythingweknowaboutLEGO2021.htm) which I believe got its information from BrickShop.eu listed the amount of minidolls coming in each of next year’s sets, but they must be wrong? I’d find it very weird if they started increasing the amount of minidolls across the board at once, rather than just a few selected sets to see the sales differences. 

I’m wondering if some of these minidolls will actually be microdolls? Considering that with the elves in the advent calendar we now have official child faces, I definitely see it as a possibility. Andreas house has five minidolls, excluding her and her parents, we still have two unknown figures. Could one of them be her little sister as a microdoll? I also think that the way they’re producing minidolls could have a factor in the more figures per set. The most recent ones seem to be messier and unevenly printed, almost rushed. Maybe the new torsos made it easier to produce minidolls at a faster and easier rate? 

Edited by Rambo260

17 hours ago, Rambo260 said:

I’m wondering if some of these minidolls will actually be microdolls? Considering that with the elves in the advent calendar we now have official child faces, I definitely see it as a possibility. Andreas house has five minidolls, excluding her and her parents, we still have two unknown figures. Could one of them be her little sister as a microdoll? I also think that the way they’re producing minidolls could have a factor in the more figures per set. The most recent ones seem to be messier and unevenly printed, almost rushed. Maybe the new torsos made it easier to produce minidolls at a faster and easier rate? 

You bring up some very good points! Microdolls are definitely a possibility, but I think it be weird if so many different children were distributed amongst the sets at once. I believe Andrea is the only character with a younger signing in the show, though it’s not like the set designers always care about that. :P I guess if the children are customers or members of audience like Steve and Diana were for Andrea’s puppet show it would make sense why the teenage friends are hanging out with them. I fully agree on the mini doll torsos being worse in quality this year than they were last. I’d much rather no back printing to get the old way of printing back. XP I’m not sure if this made the characters that much cheaper to make though, as the torsos are now dual moulded. 

Lastly if Andrea’s House indeed has 5 mini-dolls they’re either going to have to have someone visiting, or introduce a new sibling for her. :P I guess it would be a neat way to get a medium nougat baby! 

Some friends sets have leaked, I like the idea of the cubes but not too sure about the execution of them and the builds inside seem to have taken a step back. Also not too happy about the loss of translucent lids on the cubes but always happy about new animals. I think the micro dolls make great children for mini dolls and I like the new bald man hair. The new kitten is adorable :wub:

Edited by DragonElves

I really like the color scheme of the movie theater - I wonder if the red and azure combo is a deliberate reference to 3D glasses, because that was definitely my first thought. Andrea's house is really cool too, possibly my favorite of all the family house sets this theme has done. Are those rounded window frames new or did I miss them in an earlier set?

2 minutes ago, thekeeperofthereaper said:

ok i love love the cinema it turned out better than i thought and olivias house is great too

Andrea's house, actually! As a fan of the TV series I love that her little sister and dad are finally appearing in a set, and that the house features a literal garage band to suit their talent for the performing arts!