spaceman76

King Edwards Villa

For the past 3 months I have been working on the last step of my expanding medieval project. The Kings villa. A word I became familiar with, during the HBO series Vikings. Its an old Roman castle that later on was taken over by a King. During the protection of the castle an outer wall was build, but later became a ruin during many attempts to seige it. The build itself has been an fantastic journey for me. Being inspired by other great castle builders, it was a big help for me. Many funny techniques has been used, such as the small links as wood tudors. Its build up in modulars to make it more easy to handle and transport. I would like to give a shout it to Ranghall and Luke Alexander Watkins as inspiration. Lets see some pictures.

King Edward VillaKing Edwards VillaKing Edwards Villa

King Edward VillaKing Edward VillaKing Edward VillaKing Edwards VillaKing Edwards VillaKing Edwards VillaKing Edwards VillaKing Edwards VillaKing Edwards VillaKing Edward Villa

Great build! I really like the roof technique.

1 hour ago, Scoar Sonander said:

Mindblown! Great texturing on the walls! How did you make the round-castle-tower-thingy?

Thanks its an technique, using 3 different parts. 1 headlight brick, 1 1x2 plate with round corners and 2 1x1 round plates. This tower has 24 small sides to create a cylinder. 

Round tower technique

Great texturing throughout the build and very nice crenelations.  The rock work looks very seamless and flows nicely.  The only thing I'm not sure about is the wood on the top of the manor just doesn't seem to fit being the manor is all stone.  Nice vines and trees too.  

Fantastic build, great techniques, good proportions, nice colors and very well detailed textures.
An enjoyable moc very thankful for your sharing. :classic:

I like the wooden floor on top - it looks great!  The texturing on the walls is great - especially paired with all of the vines growing on it.  The red vines with the olive 3-leaf piece is especially striking.  The ruined wall also fits quite well.

You've done a great job with the details overall.

I really like the combination of the dark green leaves with the olive green plant pieces.

Brutally beautiful!
The round tower is just spotless. Phenomenal work all the way around. And seeing the interior technique only makes it more impressive. 
I love the work with the snotted flooring, and the bi-color battlements are amazing. The tudor technique is impressive too, and I can grasp some inspiration from the builder Ranghaal.
The trees are super cool, and the foliage adds a ton to the build. 
Finally, fantastic rockwork to frame everything.
The only criticism (if there could be any..) is the platted base. Everything is so beautiful and natural that the plates showing under everything as a table kind of steal some of the show. I believe they must help as it is modular... or maybe you are planning on expanding this masterpiece?

Truly an outstanding work, spaceman!

5 hours ago, Louis of Nutwood said:

Brutally beautiful!
The round tower is just spotless. Phenomenal work all the way around. And seeing the interior technique only makes it more impressive. 
I love the work with the snotted flooring, and the bi-color battlements are amazing. The tudor technique is impressive too, and I can grasp some inspiration from the builder Ranghaal.
The trees are super cool, and the foliage adds a ton to the build. 
Finally, fantastic rockwork to frame everything.
The only criticism (if there could be any..) is the platted base. Everything is so beautiful and natural that the plates showing under everything as a table kind of steal some of the show. I believe they must help as it is modular... or maybe you are planning on expanding this masterpiece?

Truly an outstanding work, spaceman!

Thanks for your kind words. Yeah Ranghaal has a been a big inspiration to me. About the exposed studs from the baseplates, they will all be covered with a layer of blue plates and then trans dark blue tiles. Its the final touch for my lake project, so a lot of water. Its all build up in modules, about 20 of them. 

On 1/9/2021 at 5:15 PM, spaceman76 said:

Thanks its an technique, using 3 different parts. 1 headlight brick, 1 1x2 plate with round corners and 2 1x1 round plates. This tower has 24 small sides to create a cylinder. 

Round tower technique

Wow! Great design!