Sign in to follow this  
Barbatos

[MOC] Do you fear... the Flying Dutchman?

Aye, that I do! :pir-oh3:

First, let's get some images into your first post otherwise nobody will pay this topic any attention.

Second, your build looks quite fantastic!  However, the photography is perhaps a bit low quality and doesn't do your efforts justice.

Any chance at getting hold of better camera?

1 hour ago, Mister Phes said:

Aye, that I do! :pir-oh3:

First, let's get some images into your first post otherwise nobody will pay this topic any attention.

Second, your build looks quite fantastic!  However, the photography is perhaps a bit low quality and doesn't do your efforts justice.

Any chance at getting hold of better camera?

Thanks for the pics, unfortunately I've not a better camera! So you can watch the other photos in my Instagram profile to see more detailed parts!

Fantastic build! Very impressed with the accuracy!

Edited by JintaiZ

On 1/9/2021 at 3:30 PM, JintaiZ said:

Fantastic build! Very impressed with the accuracy!

23 hours ago, Jack Sassy said:

This is most likely the best version I've seen of the Dutchman. Astonishing work!

Thank you!

Ahoy @Barbatos, I've seen your beautiful work on instagram and am very happy her finished. She's amazing and very realistic to the films.

Wow another great rendition of the Dutchman, must be as big as the one from @Sebeus I! I ca not imagine that this monster is still one third bigger than my one :pir-oh: and I even build it so that it just fits in my display :D What material are the sails? Its nice that they are a bit transparent.

The only thing I woulg change is, that there is in my opinion a bit to much bright green. But I know its hard to build with real bricks and I had not all the pats I wanted as well...  So all together incredible work, congrats for that!

Edited by Stoertebricker

On 1/10/2021 at 5:17 PM, Count Vroskri said:

Ahoy @Barbatos, I've seen your beautiful work on instagram and am very happy her finished. She's amazing and very realistic to the films.

Thank you very much!

On 1/10/2021 at 6:13 PM, Stoertebricker said:

Wow another great rendition of the Dutchman, must be as big as the one from @Sebeus I! I ca not imagine that this monster is still one third bigger than my one :pir-oh: and I even build it so that it just fits in my display :D What material are the sails? Its nice that they are a bit transparent.

The only thing I woulg change is, that there is in my opinion a bit to much bright green. But I know its hard to build with real bricks and I had not all the pats I wanted as well...  So all together incredible work, congrats for that!

Thank you! The material of the sails is non-woven fabric. I've been looking for the right color and texture for a long time! And here it is! 

On 1/14/2021 at 10:15 PM, John Cromwell said:

Blimey! That be one hell of a ship!

Awesome!

On 1/24/2021 at 3:50 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Excellent version of the Flying Dutchman! :pir-sweet:

Thank you! 😁

On 7/2/2021 at 10:14 PM, Stoertebricker said:

Wow, nice, the video shows it´s full beauty! Great feature with the cannons which open the gun ports! But where did you get the brown small octopus?!

I painted it with nut brown spray. Waiting for Lego to make it reddish brown! 😅