Hello everybody! :classic:

Since I couldn't find any other topic about this theme, let's discuss this year's seasonal sets here.

Here is what is known so far - apart from the Chinese New Year sets:

40462 Valentine’s Brown Bear - 14,99 Euros - already available via S@H

40417 Year of the Ox - GWP (with 85 Euros) ? - mid January?

40450 Amelia Earhart Tribute - GWP (with 150 Euros) ? - late February til early March?

40463 Iconic Easter Bunny - 14,99 Euros - March?

30579 Easter Chick - GWP (with 55 Euros) ? - mid March?

What are your thoughts?

Yeah, I miss the vignettes, they were far more interesting - to me, of course - than Brickheads will ever be. But c'est la vie, I suppose. 

I’m really excited about the Amelia Earhart set! I hope the promo ends up being in March rather than February though as there’s a lot of sets releasing March 1st I’m interested in. :moar:

According to stonewars there's going to be another (likely) GWP:

40502 The Brick Moulding Machine - GWP (with 85 or 150 Euros - depending on its size) ? - April / May / June ?

(Stonewars thinks that it already may be released in March, but with the other GWPs above I can't imagine that.)

Btw: Thanks for the picture of the Easter Bunny, @JintaiZ! :classic: Imo it looks very nice and has a completely new style while sitting on all four pads. :thumbup:

7 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

According to stonewars there's going to be another (likely) GWP:

40502 The Brick Moulding Machine - GWP (with 85 or 150 Euros - depending on its size) ? - April / May / June ?

(Stonewars thinks that it already may be released in March, but with the other GWPs above I can't imagine that.)

Definitely will intend to get this one when it appears - it sounds brilliant!

The picture of the Amelia Earhart set has been revealed. It seems like it’s a March release! The build is really neat and has a rather deluxe display stand. I believe the figure is made out of regular parts though. 

Really liking the Amelia Earhart set.  Will be picking it up when I finally buy the roller coaster!

The Amelia Earhart set looks amazing and comes with a rather fancy display stand. I really hope to see more sets like this in the future!

40 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

The Amelia Earhart set looks amazing and comes with a rather fancy display stand. I really hope to see more sets like this in the future!

Just shows you. I saw the black stand and thought, how dull and uninspired.

Also would have preferred the infamous missing silver Electra rather than the more agricultural design of the Vega (aka Little Red Bus) in which she crossed the Atlantic.

Just to add to the Earheart GWP discussion, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the new/recent CMF series 21 had a girl wearing a red plane costume and a retro flying helmet and goggles. 

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

Just to add to the Earheart GWP discussion, I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the new/recent CMF series 21 had a girl wearing a red plane costume and a retro flying helmet and goggles. 

Was thinking that myself.  But as the Brickset article says, it's still not obvious why the set was released now....

Year of the OX!!!!! Do you believe it? It's must be a good omen!

2021 will be the year when the bull strikes back at the coronavirus! Never ever ever mess with a BULL!

Thank you, once again, TLG for appealling to us such great sets at the start of this year - It looks very promising to say the least.

Keep the bricks rollin'!!! :moar:

Easter Bunny's house has been revealed. Great set, but the building techniques seems a bit plain compared to last year's easter egg set.

Snagged the Amelia Earhart set from the local LEGO Certified Store as a GWP (bought the new Police Station modular to hit the required spend). Its a really great set once built and as a bonus I have a use for the airplane in my current project thanks to Night at the Museum 2 (where said airplane flew over New York City)

8 hours ago, jonwil said:

Snagged the Amelia Earhart set from the local LEGO Certified Store as a GWP (bought the new Police Station modular to hit the required spend). Its a really great set once built and as a bonus I have a use for the airplane in my current project thanks to Night at the Museum 2 (where said airplane flew over New York City)

I thought it was only available March 6th - 14th?  Lucky!  I'm gonna pick it up in early March pretty immediately (though all physical stores are closed so it will take a few days to get here).

On 2/22/2021 at 1:55 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

I thought it was only available March 6th - 14th?

It's available in Australia.

Maybe not "seasononal" or should we consider it "LEGOLand season" seasonal :)

Set 40502 was presented by @Dirk1313 over at 1000steine.

9128-1614609892.jpg

Setnummer: 40502
Name: The Brick Moulding Machine
Parts: 1205
Price: 599,- DKK (ca. 80,- Euro)
Designer: Stuart Harris (Concept) & Markus Rollbühler

The Brick Moulding Machine looks excellent and it would be great to see a video of it running. If it isn't functional, it is still a pretty cool set and will make a great display piece.

Well... the Moulding Machine doesn't actually work but it would honestly be impossible to include all the functions at the scale. I'm truly impressed by the accuracy and the building techniques used nonetheless.