Versteinert

[MOC] Classic Police Car

Since there was a police car missing in the new LEGO 10278 Police Station I had to design one that - in my opinion - fits well to it.

This one is not a cheap copy of Santas car, but actually Santa stole his car from both, the poor late 50s police officer (and repainted it in classic christmas colors) and the red Aedelsten version I built about one year ago. As I built Santas car, this police car was already fully planned and I only was waiting for some parts to complete it.

I again created building instructions for this one (with other wheels), available at rebrickable.

50791042791_659ac446c1_c.jpgClassic Police Car by Versteinert, auf Flickr

50791155807_85ef26ae1e_c.jpgClassic Police Car by Versteinert, auf Flickr

Great build! I really like the use of swords for the wings on the sides. It's also nice to see how you've run with the vintage car design and kept modifying it; I liked your Ideas model so much that I bought it off of Bricklink (darn TLG and their inability to keep anything I want to spend $85 on in stock), but the bumper on this is already tempting me to mod it.

I really like this car. I wonder how it`ll look in dark blue? The sword element. Man, this is clever. I wish they could've add it to the ideas GWP car. But I guess I have to replicate it myself...:) it will look much better with the sword, then with the surf boards.
Again. Great car..:)

Great build. I really like the front and the back, especially the bumpers.

I have been looking at the car for a long time and I am not sure if I like the swords. I think I, personally, would prefer the car without swords.

Still a great car that will surely look great next to the Police Station.

Nice build! I'm glad it has an effective steering method!

Shame on me. I never answered on this thread. I'm really sorry :(

Thank you all very much. I'm glad you like the car.

@street87I guess the mudguards don't exist in dark blue. If you have any pics of the Aedelsten with the swords, I would like to see them. That could really look great 

@JintaiZI have to disappoint you. The steering is fake. The wheels are stuck in this position and I even had to change the angle-point of the attachement to create this look, so you even are not able to "turn" them manually left or right.

Man, this thing looks awesome! :drool: :thumbup:   There's not one little detail i don't love about it.  The shaping at this scale and genius part usage for the all the brightwork/details, look so period correct! 

I think this is easily my favourite of all the classic police cars i've ever seen.  10/10 @Versteinert, you've really nailed it and knocked it out the park with this one!