40 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

In addition to other issues mentioned, 42126 is not realistic in the placement of the rear axle pivot point. F-150s have a long driveshaft with a U-Joint far forward, and another U-Joint just forward of the rear axle. I tried to change this is my 4x4 version, which makes the axle movement more correct. 

That's more like something I was expecting from the real one, thanks. I understand that in lego, using the ball joint simplifies things, but a similar version with longer links and a U-joint more forward could have easily been achieved with the ball-joint technique as well. Not sure what stopped them from it. It would have been nice to get some of those 9L links in the set for example..

The simple fact that you used transparent parts for the headlights already makes it better than the original.

12 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

The simple fact that you used transparent parts for the headlights already makes it better than the original.

Jep.

My guess is: The original lego technic model (blue prototype) has been delayed from 2020 to 2021, cause they already had to many cars. Ford then introduced a new series (third generation) with a facelift so TLC had to change the design, resulting in a strange face.

13 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

- the whole front axle is very loosely attached to the chassis, and is wobbly as hell, although I can see a very simple and obvious option to fix it. It's as if they forgot about it. I checked several times that I did not forget something, and I had no suspicious spare parts left. Anybody seen the same?

It is very loose. Feels to me like they made a last minute change to the front axle. While building mine, I felt like it wouldn't take too much effort to slide in a servo or C+ large motor in the space just behind the steering rack.

I'm going to make a Studio model of this set in the next 2-3 weeks and share it here so that you guys can mod it to your heart's content.

14 hours ago, metulskie8 said:

I tried to build a front in the style of the blue prototype

Much better

There is indeed a lot of rolling resistance, for some reasons I still can't understand. The resistance felt when the model goes backward is more than that when it goes forward.

I build a new chassis for the Raptor to make it RC and 4WD with lockable differentials. More details in the topic: 

Has anyone seen the Studio part for the new 4 stud wide steering wheel in this set? I can’t find it in Studio neither on @Philo‘s home page, I just guess it’s too new yet.. @Timorzelorzworz did you use something else in your alternate build?

18 hours ago, Thirdwigg said:

I used the 5 diameter in my MOD.

Thanks, that's my solution too for now.

On 12/8/2021 at 10:19 PM, gyenesvi said:

Has anyone seen the Studio part for the new 4 stud wide steering wheel in this set? I can’t find it in Studio neither on @Philo‘s home page, I just guess it’s too new yet.. @Timorzelorzworz did you use something else in your alternate build?

I used the smaller older one, it is a bit cheating but does not matter

That is one seriously cool MOC. It is packed with functions making the Ford Raptor more worthy to buy IMO. All the functions seem solidly working.