Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

I'd like to message the designer who made the blue raptor. Can't find who designed it from google.. 
Instructions for the blue one would be awesome. I wonder if he'd share them. 

If there's one thing I like so much more about the blue, it's the design of the front. Particularly the small panels on top of the headlights for the orange version are just not well placed in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Sarielwasn't there a review planned for 42126 and you wrote somewhere after the 7th july, since lego hasn't shipped it yet?

Unless "after 7th july" means october or something...

Edited by Coolusername

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/23/2021 at 7:21 PM, Coolusername said:

@Sarielwasn't there a review planned for 42126 and you wrote somewhere after the 7th july, since lego hasn't shipped it yet?

Unless "after 7th july" means october or something...

They haven't shipped it yet. We were just told that technically the embargo was July 7th but because of a delay the set is going to be shipped after than date.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

 

It just isn't the same without Sariel's review topics... :sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Maaboo35 said:

It just isn't the same without Sariel's review topics... :sad:

I know right :cry_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprisingly Sariel actually praised the set. That review is there for a quite a while though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Too bad he hadn't thought of trying on the 68.7 x 27 tires (Part No: 52985), which I think would fit best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Igor1 said:

Too bad he hadn't thought of trying on the 68.7 x 27 tires (Part No: 52985), which I think would fit best.

Luckily someone else though about it ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, kbalage said:

Luckily someone else though about it ;)

Yes, I'm still not completely sure whether I will buy a Ford Raptor, but I already bought these tires just in case. :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Igor1 said:

Yes, I'm still not completely sure whether I will buy a Ford Raptor, but I already bought these tires just in case. :wink:

You're one step closer :pir-sweet:

Edited by thekoRngear

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just built this set a day ago and I noticed it has a ton of rolling resitance. It seems to happen with original tyres only, any other ones are much smoother. Anyone else noticed that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Just built this set a day ago and I noticed it has a ton of rolling resitance. It seems to happen with original tyres only, any other ones are much smoother. Anyone else noticed that?

yes, I noticed that in my review

the problem of resistance is the front axle

1) rounded wheels have tendency to turn easy instead of driving forward, especially on bimps - not much rolling friction

2) steering rods behind the axle

3) too many backlash, front suspension arms are too wobly

4) wheel hubs with 2,5 offest.

So all that thing  front  axle increase toe out

image.png.44cc0b21ad74b8613ffc860ed588f7b0.png

 

but rear axle is also have resistance more than usual

 

btw, I will be glad if you'll take a look at my review (with english (auto) subtitles)

 

I've overviewed rolling resistance problem at 34:16.

different wheels check 25:30

motorization 33:09 (actually not)

You can turn on english subtitiles (they are auto translated)

 

693LOe6TewC9H5Z0nKc_PxQiTYuQNzyQDCj204ay

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, rm8 said:

yes, I noticed that in my review

the problem of resistance is the front axle

1) rounded wheels have tendency to rotate easy - not much rolling friction

2) steering rods behind the axle

3) too many backlash, front suspension arms are too wobly

4) wheel hubs with 2,5 offest.

So all that thing  front  axle increase toe out

but rear axle is also have resistance more than usual

 

btw, I will be glad if you'll take a look at my review (with english (auto) subtitles)

 

I overviews rolling resistance problem at 34:16.

different wheels check 25:30

motorization 33:09 (actually not)

You can turn on english subtitiles (they are auto translated)

 

 

 

 

Thanks for the confirmation. It seems these new tyres have a really good traction and they are very sensitive to both high weight and incorrect geometris.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And in my opinion these new tyres suck. On hard surfaces, they have no grip at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Igor1 said:

And in my opinion these new tyres suck. On hard surfaces, they have no grip at all.

It depends what you need from them. If you need grip on hard, flat surfaces, then yes, they are definitely not the best choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, this is how my stickers came in the box. Fortunately were still useable and look fine when applied!

X5gHcgR.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.