6 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

I'd like to message the designer who made the blue raptor. Can't find who designed it from google.. 
Instructions for the blue one would be awesome. I wonder if he'd share them. 

If there's one thing I like so much more about the blue, it's the design of the front. Particularly the small panels on top of the headlights for the orange version are just not well placed in my opinion.

@Sarielwasn't there a review planned for 42126 and you wrote somewhere after the 7th july, since lego hasn't shipped it yet?

Unless "after 7th july" means october or something...

Edited by Coolusername

On 7/23/2021 at 7:21 PM, Coolusername said:

@Sarielwasn't there a review planned for 42126 and you wrote somewhere after the 7th july, since lego hasn't shipped it yet?

Unless "after 7th july" means october or something...

They haven't shipped it yet. We were just told that technically the embargo was July 7th but because of a delay the set is going to be shipped after than date.

Too bad he hadn't thought of trying on the 68.7 x 27 tires (Part No: 52985), which I think would fit best.

1 hour ago, Igor1 said:

Too bad he hadn't thought of trying on the 68.7 x 27 tires (Part No: 52985), which I think would fit best.

Luckily someone else though about it ;)

3 hours ago, kbalage said:

Luckily someone else though about it ;)

Yes, I'm still not completely sure whether I will buy a Ford Raptor, but I already bought these tires just in case. :wink:

8 hours ago, Igor1 said:

Yes, I'm still not completely sure whether I will buy a Ford Raptor, but I already bought these tires just in case. :wink:

You're one step closer :pir-sweet:

Edited by thekoRngear

Just built this set a day ago and I noticed it has a ton of rolling resitance. It seems to happen with original tyres only, any other ones are much smoother. Anyone else noticed that?

14 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Just built this set a day ago and I noticed it has a ton of rolling resitance. It seems to happen with original tyres only, any other ones are much smoother. Anyone else noticed that?

yes, I noticed that in my review

the problem of resistance is the front axle

1) rounded wheels have tendency to turn easy instead of driving forward, especially on bimps - not much rolling friction

2) steering rods behind the axle

3) too many backlash, front suspension arms are too wobly

4) wheel hubs with 2,5 offest.

So all that thing  front  axle increase toe out

image.png.44cc0b21ad74b8613ffc860ed588f7b0.png

but rear axle is also have resistance more than usual

btw, I will be glad if you'll take a look at my review (with english (auto) subtitles)

I've overviewed rolling resistance problem at 34:16.

different wheels check 25:30

motorization 33:09 (actually not)

You can turn on english subtitiles (they are auto translated)

693LOe6TewC9H5Z0nKc_PxQiTYuQNzyQDCj204ay

4 hours ago, rm8 said:

yes, I noticed that in my review

the problem of resistance is the front axle

1) rounded wheels have tendency to rotate easy - not much rolling friction

2) steering rods behind the axle

3) too many backlash, front suspension arms are too wobly

4) wheel hubs with 2,5 offest.

So all that thing  front  axle increase toe out

but rear axle is also have resistance more than usual

btw, I will be glad if you'll take a look at my review (with english (auto) subtitles)

I overviews rolling resistance problem at 34:16.

different wheels check 25:30

motorization 33:09 (actually not)

You can turn on english subtitiles (they are auto translated)

Thanks for the confirmation. It seems these new tyres have a really good traction and they are very sensitive to both high weight and incorrect geometris.

And in my opinion these new tyres suck. On hard surfaces, they have no grip at all.

1 hour ago, Igor1 said:

And in my opinion these new tyres suck. On hard surfaces, they have no grip at all.

It depends what you need from them. If you need grip on hard, flat surfaces, then yes, they are definitely not the best choice.

I got my set today and found out that both the instruction and the sticker sheet are buried unprotected among the bags and thus slightly folded and bent. It makes me wonder what kind of 18+ set this is :sceptic:

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

It makes me wonder what kind of 18+ set this is :sceptic:

The "first year in college" period of 18+ I guess :D

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I got my set today and found out that both the instruction and the sticker sheet are buried unprotected among the bags and thus slightly folded and bent. It makes me wonder what kind of 18+ set this is :sceptic:

On the Scale of Ridiculousness from 1 to 10, with 10 being the most ridiculous, this set is definitely 18+.

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Curious what you think when you build it. Here's what I found after building (just the technical point of view):

- the whole front axle is very loosely attached to the chassis, and is wobbly as hell, although I can see a very simple and obvious option to fix it. It's as if they forgot about it. I checked several times that I did not forget something, and I had no suspicious spare parts left. Anybody seen the same?

- the rear axle is fixed to the chassis with complicated half stud offsetting. The instructions say as a note, that the designers had a hard time placing the rear wheel properly. The half stud offset is needed because the ball-joint at the rear axle has a steep angle, which causes about a half stud offset forward, and this needs to be compensated. I wonder if this is realistic, because if the whole rear suspension link was longer, it would not be so steep, would not cause a noticeable offset, and there would be no need for that half stud offset complication. I've seen other raptor builds with longer rear suspension links. Anybody knows which one is more realistic?

- the rear suspension uses soft springs, it feels a bit wobbly too. The rear axle is unnecessary bulky again, with little ground clearance..

And when trying to build something else from it, it dawns on me the that there are no lights in this set.. :ugh:

1 hour ago, gyenesvi said:

Anybody knows which one is more realistic?

In addition to other issues mentioned, 42126 is not realistic in the placement of the rear axle pivot point. F-150s have a long driveshaft with a U-Joint far forward, and another U-Joint just forward of the rear axle. I tried to change this is my 4x4 version, which makes the axle movement more correct. 

51618154718_4caa179c73_b.jpg