1 hour ago, Igor1 said:

And who stopped them from making a 2021 Ford Raptor in dark blue with a good design?

Totally agree there:thumbup:

I have to say that I am pleased with orange though, the current F150 design gives us a few missing panels in the orange palette which I dearly missed while MOCcing the past few years.

12 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

Totally agree there:thumbup:

I have to say that I am pleased with orange though, the current F150 design gives us a few missing panels in the orange palette which I dearly missed while MOCcing the past few years.

Totally agree 

I guess they choose orange , since it stands more out and is a new color for the real thing, called code orange.

Dark blue wouldn't fit. Its't too dark and the real ones closest color would be antimatter blue, which is metallic and more deeper...

And you can't please anyone!

Also most people say its better just because it's new(er) than the orange one we have seen weeks ago, and they don't take a second look on whats going on really.

13 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

antimatter blue

In what universe can you buy that car?

1 minute ago, 1974 said:

In what universe can you buy that car?

Where dark matter rules :wink:

"Dark matter is a hypothetical form of matter" .. Much like TLG's idea of those +18 fans that will now flock to Technic

4 minutes ago, 1974 said:

"Dark matter is a hypothetical form of matter" .. Much like TLG's idea of those +18 fans that will now flock to Technic

Agree on that; it seems that connection is established on vareous levels :grin:

2 hours ago, R4ph said:

The blue one looks like a raptor 2020

The orange one is a raptor 2021.

So that changes the grille and the headlights probably, I guess other accessories like the bull bar, roll bar and stuff will be available for the 2021 edition as well. B / C pillars did not seem to change significantly either. I get that the orange one is 4 door and the blue one is a 2 door version and I was kindof OK with the building solutions on the orange one, but now that I saw the blue one that one seems to be definitely better :) As I read the Raptor will be SuperCrew only for 2021 so the designer had to change it... bummer. 

i'm from the generation where we raced our 853s/8860s/8865s around endlesly, day after day. Adding bodyworks, extra wheels and whatnot contraptions. Lights, bigger engines and whatever we had at hand. Everything was cool. We had fun. Lots of fun. For years ..

Now, as an adult I look at these modern supercars. They all look like broken china. Can't check the suspension as it only have one stud af travel (which is also about the flex of LEGO parts in general), fancy gearbox that hardly works and an engine that's covered up that you cant see

I get the +18 label .. no kid would want that shit

7 hours ago, Igor1 said:

@1gor I'm talking about another part, it now looks as if it has bevels (or strengthening, as @Maaboo35 wrote). But why?

92910.png

I can confirm this, ordered this piece from B&P 6 months ago and both the joint and cup are redesigned in new plastic with extra reinforcement.

@TechnicRCRacer I have noticed that Lego has been adding new parts to the sets recently to make it in demand. Are the reinforcements on the part really needed here? It's just that the old part didn't seem to break, I don't remember any problems with it.

One wonders whether or not Lego has been working on this model for longer than we expected. It seems really dumb to me to build an entire prototype for the previous generation truck, if they knew from the beginning that they were going to be selling the current generation truck. Perhaps they had the original design nearly finished when Ford called and said, "Sorry, we've got a new generation out now. That means you need to make it a crew cab, add larger tires, and change the styling. Oh, and change the color to our new headline color, orange! Thanks," causing Lego to have to rush the design of this truck's front end.

Any other ideas of why a previous-gen prototype would even exist?

4 hours ago, Igor1 said:

@TechnicRCRacer I have noticed that Lego has been adding new parts to the sets recently to make it in demand. Are the reinforcements on the part really needed here? It's just that the old part didn't seem to break, I don't remember any problems with it.

I never had any problems with the old version other than it was a bit hard to pull apart. The new one is noticeably easier to pull apart, but not so much that it is too weak. If there is enough demand, I can take photos to compare the two variants.

8 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Any other ideas of why a previous-gen prototype would even exist?

Could TLG have used it to pitch the idea of a Technic model to Ford in the first place: 'Look what else we could do with the licence, next to the tiny racers'. And then Ford replied: 'Cool, but 2021 version, orange, crewcab, pricepoint/partscount etc etc...'

1 hour ago, Rudivdk said:

Cool, but 2021 version, orange, crewcab, pricepoint/partscount etc etc...

Ford probably wouldn't dictate the price or piece count beyond going 'yeah make it a similar size to the blue one'

Edited by Bartybum

It makes sesne to pitch a better model to Ford when getting the license.

I still don't get how Ferrari could have let that disaster happen, like, do they not even check what LEGO is selling with their name on the box? I wonder what TLG presented Ferrari...

Edited by Gray Gear

17 hours ago, agrof said:

Creating these pictures was a BIG mistake by many perspectives. NEVER show something to the market, what they can not get, especially if it is much-much better than the product, what actually will be on sale. EDIT: even "better" is a subjective term, it is never a good idea to open door to conspiracy and rants (like mine). It is actually a stupid idea.

Either TLG marketing department is shooting themselves on feet (again), or might be the designer trolled them on the photoshooting:

"Let's put beside the early models too, to show the improvements for the folks!"

Meanwhile the actual message from him is:

"Guys, I really did design a proper Raptor (dark blue), but management decided to f#@Đ it up... SORRY :sad:"

I see almost no details which is not better and nicer on the dark blue model, than on the final one, including the color choice.I do feel sorry for the designer, seeing where this project has came from, and how much it has degraded... walking in the same shoes time to time, feels super demotivating even from several thousands kms distance. 

I'd like to message the designer who made the blue raptor. Can't find who designed it from google.. 
Instructions for the blue one would be awesome. I wonder if he'd share them. 

7 minutes ago, Mechbuilds said:

I'd like to message the designer who made the blue raptor. Can't find who designed it from google.. 
Instructions for the blue one would be awesome. I wonder if he'd share them. 

It was probably Lars Thygesen, who is seen in the promo stills with the finished set.

23 hours ago, howitzer said:

I could see a part separator being useful in some situations even with Technic, especially if your job is to build these things, as taking them apart will really start hurting your fingers after a few hours. More so for the pliers, I've used those few times to pull out pins that are tight or otherwise hard to pull with fingers, and considering that the designer is not in danger of running out of parts to replace the possibly mutilated ones, I'm sure pliers will come handy.

My most common disassembly tools with technic are an 8l axle with stop to push things out, or a pair of pliers (more commonly my teeth) to pull them out. Though the modern brick separator has a 1l axle attached it's generally not long enough for me.

15 minutes ago, pleegwat said:

My most common disassembly tools with technic are an 8l axle with stop to push things out, or a pair of pliers (more commonly my teeth) to pull them out. Though the modern brick separator has a 1l axle attached it's generally not long enough for me.

The modern brick separator is completely useless for pushing axles or pins out, but if you could use that, you could use an axle too.

I would never use teeth for anything Lego-related though as that damages parts. One way to pull pins out is to put a liftarm or something to the exposed pin, then a bar inside the pin (for those that fit one), then gently bend the bar to the side while pulling. Pliers work too, if they are of the correct kind.

Chinese online stores sell pliers specifically for LEGO axles and pins, with rubber tips to avoid damaging the parts. I have one, and I was surprised at its effectiveness.

16 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Chinese online stores sell pliers specifically for LEGO axles and pins, with rubber tips to avoid damaging the parts. I have one, and I was surprised at its effectiveness.

This is the kind of pliers I was thinking of: https://www.ebay.com/itm/231333020817

Anyway, this is getting quite a bit off-topic...