Orange looks good, but man would I have liked the dark blue one!

Actually it also has design differences I just noticed. Lightbar, bullbar, and overal cleaner front. Why did they have to change the design? 

Edited by LvdH

11 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Orange looks good, but man would I have liked the dark blue one!

Actually it also has design differences I just noticed. Lightbar, bullbar, and overal cleaner front. Why did they have to change the design? 

Maybe it was too expensive, or used too many parts. Kinda brings up the question as to why TLG decided to design it at all if they didn't have (or didn't want to use) the resources to give it complexity or visual appeal.

Orange is a horrible choice by lego.. They should have made it blue.. C'mon lego! Blue is a ford trademark color. Nobody wants orange pieces. 

Just now, Mechbuilds said:

Orange is a horrible choice by lego.. They should have made it blue.. C'mon lego! Blue is a ford trademark color. Nobody wants orange pieces. 

Orange is a fairly dull colour.

There, I said it.

1 hour ago, Igor1 said:

I have 12 of them and brainstorming if it would be good to make bigger rotator tow truck inspired by 42128 set; only full RC

4 minutes ago, Igor1 said:

Is this a new part?

I think it could be that one 

64179%20black%206016154.png

Remember that hubs are turned 90° also...

@1gor I'm talking about another part, it now looks as if it has bevels (or strengthening, as @Maaboo35 wrote). But why?

92910.png

Edited by Igor1

Damn, everything about that prototype just straight up looks better :wub: shame that the orange one is what they're offering :hmpf:

Edited by Bartybum

@Bartybum I still have a question, why Lego posted these photos, they are also laughing at us now, or is this trolling from their marketing department? What?? I wanted to buy orange, but now I definitely won't do it. Maybe I'm reacting or looking stupid, but at least on the same level as Lego marketers.

Edited by Igor1

26 minutes ago, Igor1 said:

@1gor I'm talking about another part, it now looks as if it has bevels (or strengthening, as @Maaboo35 wrote).

That is streaghtened and dark bluish gray ball yoint in which it is inserted is different...

6 minutes ago, HorcikDesigns said:

Did you noticed the instructions booklet? :oh:

I think it is preliminary version with spirals...

Not a fan of the dark blue! Looks like a "low" version of 41999 and the front looks terrible!

Orange pops more and front looks better.

I don't mind either tire version!

Looking at the front of the dark blue version (headlight and grille shape mainly), it is an older F150, previous model maybe? I can imagine Ford not being OK with that.

Edit: looked it up, blue front is the 2015 facelift version

Edited by Rudivdk

The blue one looks like a raptor 2020

The orange one is a raptor 2021.

I prefer the blue like many, but it has to look like the 2021 model for obvious reasons.

Still, it will give us plenty of options to personnalize it, like the defender.

7 hours ago, Igor1 said:

Now I only want dark blue! :cry2:

94181f5a47a4de93c6e33c2b47d268c9.jpg

Creating these pictures was a BIG mistake by many perspectives. NEVER show something to the market, what they can not get, especially if it is much-much better than the product, what actually will be on sale. EDIT: even "better" is a subjective term, it is never a good idea to open door to conspiracy and rants (like mine). It is actually a stupid idea.

Either TLG marketing department is shooting themselves on feet (again), or might be the designer trolled them on the photoshooting:

"Let's put beside the early models too, to show the improvements for the folks!"

Meanwhile the actual message from him is:

"Guys, I really did design a proper Raptor (dark blue), but management decided to f#@Đ it up... SORRY :sad:"

I see almost no details which is not better and nicer on the dark blue model, than on the final one, including the color choice.I do feel sorry for the designer, seeing where this project has came from, and how much it has degraded... walking in the same shoes time to time, feels super demotivating even from several thousands kms distance. 

Edited by agrof

What if the orange one is the preliminary version like the 6x6 Zetros, and the blue one is the actual product 

Sure, check lego.com. :pir-grin:

Luckily there is the 42128 Tow Truck.

1.jpg

34 minutes ago, agrof said:

Creating these pictures was a BIG mistake by many perspectives. NEVER show something to the market, what they can not get, especially if it is much-much better than the product, what actually will be on sale. Either TLG marketing department is shooting themselves on feet (again), or might be the designer trolled them on the photoshooting:

"Let's put beside the early models too, to show the improvements for the folks!"

Meanwhile the actual message from him is:

"Guys, I really did design a proper Raptor (dark blue), but management decided to f#@Đ it up... SORRY :sad:"

I see almost no details which is not better and nicer on the dark blue model, than on the final one, including the color choice.I do feel sorry for the designer, seeing where this project has came from, and how much it has degraded... walking in the same shoes time to time, feels super demotivating even from several thousands kms distance. 

Edit::thumbdown:

Oh, I laughed out loud while reading this! How do I agree with you! Definitely someone trolled someone there in Lego.

Here wrote above that this is an older version 2020, blah blah... And who stopped them from making a 2021 Ford Raptor in dark blue with a good design?

Edited by Igor1

Interesting to see a part seperator in that picture. You don't really need one for technic...:def_shrug:

And neither the pliers...

Where do these pictures come from?

Edited by Coolusername

9 minutes ago, Coolusername said:

Interesting to see a part seperator in that picture. You don't really need one for technic...:def_shrug:

And neither the pliers...

Where do these pictures come from?

I could see a part separator being useful in some situations even with Technic, especially if your job is to build these things, as taking them apart will really start hurting your fingers after a few hours. More so for the pliers, I've used those few times to pull out pins that are tight or otherwise hard to pull with fingers, and considering that the designer is not in danger of running out of parts to replace the possibly mutilated ones, I'm sure pliers will come handy.

Well, the "target audience" for this set definitely won't need neither pliers or a brick separator, as they'll build it once and then let it collect dust on a shelf... :laugh: Altough LEGO's brick separator is barely usable in Technic as it is, they need to learn a thing or two from other companies :wink:

The troll theory is funny, and as other mentioned, I don't see a reason 2021 model couldn't have been as good as the other one. Don't think they'll lose much out though, as marketing brainwashing does wonders.

Edited by syclone