Edited by agrof

18 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

I hate Canada

That 140 CAD is 150 AUD.

The USA price is 100, which is 133 AUD.

100USD is also equal to 85€, a 40% reduction on the actual euro price.

Lego's pricing is an insult to us mug punters outside North America.

54 minutes ago, amorti said:

100USD is also equal to 85€, a 40% reduction on the actual euro price

Not that it would make a 40% difference, but taxes aren’t included in the American prices (because each state has a different tax rate) while they are included in the European prices. Taxes are also higher over here: a quick Google search told me California is the highest with 7.25% sales tax, while here in the Netherlands it is 21%. On the bright side, in Europe we do get nice deals from time to time. At one point a new Bugatti was around €200 (50% off RRP in the Netherlands!). From what I have seen and read discounts aren’t so common in America. Don’t know about Canada or Australia though...

The joke from the Smyths toys video is the bit at the end where is says "A real conversation starter" I can't imagine it will be the longest conversation....

Wheels looks a tiny bit small to me, maybe not, but just my thinking.  Real shame we have had so many car/road vehicles this year, it's definately been a slow year.

"With full steering action!" Excuse me what? That sounds so dumb, like, what is "half steering action" then?

@paul_delahaye To me it is a bigger joke that they still kid themselves using the "Build for real" slogan at the end. "RWD" is all I have to say in that matter.

2 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

"With full steering action!" Excuse me what? That sounds so dumb, like, what is "half steering action" then?

Probably so they wanted to say that when the HOG rotates, in addition to the wheels, the steering wheel also turns (but it doesn't even turns, right?). Or there could be no HOG, for example. Dumb advertising. Or else the wheels could only turn to one side. :laugh:

Edited by Igor1

10 hours ago, LvdH said:

Don’t know about Canada or Australia though

Here in Australia, we get the budget stores selling them at a standard price 0%-30% off RRP after they have been on shelves for a year or two, and during December and June-July they often go on sale for an additional 20% off.

13 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

BLAME CANADA! BLAME CANADA!

What's the stereotypically polite Canadian response to that anyway?

Sorry?

:sceptic:

I like it even more after seeing the video! I'll definitely be rebuilding the front end with parts in place of the stickers, but I think it this set will be a hit. I see this as a 42111 companion and not the 42110 replacement some said it was.

21 hours ago, paul_delahaye said:

The joke from the Smyths toys video is the bit at the end where is says "A real conversation starter" I can't imagine it will be the longest conversation....

No gearbox - end of all conversations

On the UK Lego website you can now per order it for release in October why is this getting massive pre-order time when the models fro august not even listed??

1 hour ago, Cardboy said:

On the UK Lego website you can now per order it for release in October why is this getting massive pre-order time when the models fro august not even listed??

Maybe they want to see what the demand for this set will be. 

The main problem for me is that if you remove the stickers you're not left with much in terms of recognizable features. Yes, there are still a few, namely the window/front door kink and the wheel arches, but otherwise, considering the size and number of parts, there's really not much to tell you it's a Raptor.

The second problem would be that even with the stickers, it's still not plenty accurate. Those three orange beams beneath the "grill" really shouldn't be that tall. It would have been better to put some stickers there as well to make them slimmer. The rear could have also benefited from a couple of stickers above and below the black part of the tailgate.

Instead, they used four extra stickers for the door handles when they had perfectly fine panel holes one stud lower to fill with 1x1 tiles and save those four stickers for something that truly mattered. I think inaccurate door handle positions would have been an acceptable tradeoff for more accuracy somewhere else.

Seems very Ford F150, and that's the problem.

Mechanically is not different from the 1949 Dodge somebody proposed as B model for Doms Charger.

But that's the problem with the original Ford it inspires on.

I still wait to see a "Mini configuration" kit (transverse front engine, front drive) as 90% of European and japanese-asian cars and even vans are made since 1980.

Lego kits are mostly central longitudinal engine rear drive, Porsche all rear or front engine rear drive rigid axle (1920s technology).

This kit offers the same as 1989 kit 8850: Front longitudinal V6, rear drive, steering and suspension.

Edited by Pato Sentado

14 minutes ago, Pato Sentado said:

I still wait to see a "Mini configuration" kit (transverse front engine, front drive) 

Please Lego, please! Or some MOCcer far more talented than I. All my attempts have been dismal failures, but it's one of the challenges I return to most regularly...

4 hours ago, Coolusername said:

Maybe they retired the 3 spoke steering wheel?

I doubt it, it is just smaller, and therefore is more suited to smaller v... oh here comes that word that I can't spell properly again

vhieclihcicles

Edited by SNIPE

I get it, display model for shelf, functions don't matter but the complete lack of four wheel drive and a rather lackluster suspension, both things the real truck have and in fact are the main features of said truck, just make me have no desire whatsoever to buy this set. It reminds me of the recent orange Corvette set, which I built and promptly tore down and binned the parts.

I am glad to see it is only $99 and not the $150, I thought it would be. Sad that is the only good thing I can say about this set.

Edited by Johnny1360

20 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

just make me have no desire whatsoever to buy this set. It reminds me of the recent orange Corvette set, which I built and promptly tore down and binned the parts.

Tearing it down just for the parts is the exact reason why I'm thrilled to buy this set:laugh:.

Always a cheaper deal than the same parts as loose buys from bricklink...