I cannot care less how a set is marketed.
And I don't see either how marketing in this case correlates with quality. It's not a two-person company.
And I don't get why color/sex/orientation is still a thing. But since it is, don't be surprised that marketing/politics is pushing the topic until it becomes all natural. If you don't like different people, turn away. I don't like these abnormal things too much either, it's a part of the human nature. But there's million times bigger shit to swallow (the worsening climate in this part of the world and COVID for example) than some strange sexual behaviour and strange physique.

Edited by Lipko

9 minutes ago, vectormatic said:

No, you are required by international law...

As noted, you can log out and/or change your personal data as you see fit.
We do not delete accounts.

If you feel the need to ask more questions on the subject, please send me (or other staff member) a PM.
Let's leave this topic for Ford.

5 minutes ago, Milan said:

As noted, you can log out and/or change your personal data as you see fit.
We do not delete accounts.

If you feel the need to ask more questions on the subject, please send me (or other staff member) a PM.
Let's leave this topic for Ford.

I can not delete my email adres from your database, so either you do it, or you are in violation of the GDPR

Your policy is invalid as it violate the law, period.

10 hours ago, Igor1 said:

@rm8 Yes, but I think you have a print, not a sticker :laugh:

I completely agree with you! And I'm very glad that such opinions are expressed here. I'am also very much annoyed by this fact that Lego became involved in politics and not making a good product. Until now, I can't get away from the story with Bell Osprey, about the fact that military equipment is bad. Now they tell us that sexual diversity is good. They have given too much attention to this lately. And this is a company that just should be engaged in the production of toys for our children not brainwashing.

I'm very sorry for the offtopic, but it hurt me.

Totally agree with you guys. 

6 hours ago, Igor1 said:

This is a personal matter. I don't want the company that sells toys to involve my children in this ahead of time. In addition, I myself want to be engaged in raising my child and I don't care what any company thinks about this at all. Let them keep it to themselves. Here's what I said. I'm not discriminating against anyone here, but am I already being attacked?

We’re having a civil discussion, nobody’s attacking you.

6 hours ago, Igor1 said:

At the end, the point was that marketing of each set is (soft lgbt) brainwashing.  And they began to use it too often, instead of making the sets themselves more interesting.

So having a short haired woman building a Raptor Technic set is LGBT ‘brainwashing’? That’s a very harsh thing to say. Why is a Raptor only for manly men to build?

Are the men in the Technic promos building the Ducati, Lamborghini and Ferrari, as well as the boys building the Senna and Zetros, LGBT ‘brainwashing’ too? If you say every set then surely you must mean to implicate those too. If there’s Technic ‘brainwashing’ then I sure don’t see it.

Note that you’ve also done exactly what I cautioned against and fallen into the trap of thinking that a social stance is chosen at the expense of set features. TLG has been skimping out on features for ages now.

Edited by Bartybum

I think this set is much like the Ferrari, just not for me. It seems to be an okay set for what it is supposed to be, a display set. And while I do display some Technic sets, I mostly like the ones with more functions. Fortunately there are other sets I like, so I feel no need to buy this one. Also think it is funny how sometimes I forget, I don't have to have every set and they don't all have to be what I expect or want.

I don't have any problem with a girl being used as the advertising model for this set. There are girls that like "boy stuff" like cars or guns, and thats fine. So why not have a girl ad model for once?

If only LEGO was so open minded when it comes to LEGO Friends and LEGO City... There the "Excavator for the boy, Pink Shopping Mall for the Girl" mentality is still very present.

I actually like it, but then I again I love the Ford Raptor. It has potential and I'm sure there are many areas to mod.

That is sad seeing you guys arguing over a promo. As long as it comes with working gearbox and differential in drivetrain, who cares if they go with an alien to shot the ad.

28 minutes ago, ljspacemonkeyz said:

As long as it comes with working gearbox

Well it probably won't come with a gearbox :hmpf_bad:

Edited by Gray Gear

8 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

If only LEGO was so open minded when it comes to LEGO Friends and LEGO City... There the "Excavator for the boy, Pink Shopping Mall for the Girl" mentality is still very present.

+1

toy_flow_chart-01.png

My little girl is approaching her 6th birthday. Her Lego collection consists of Disney princess towers including Anna's Ice Castle at 700 pieces (this is a lot when you're 5) and Lego Friends junk including the big dolphin rescue boat at 600 pieces.

She wants this stuff because her YouTube videos tell her that's what little girls want, but when I watch her play Lego, what she actually wants is her mummy's Harry Potter and 3-in-1 sets. I could get her that stuff anyway, but the marketing engine doesn't let her want those, so she'd be disappointed even if she'd play with it more.

Weird world.

Edited by amorti

So with these pictures being revealed, and most of the discussion thereafter being centered on marketing (with my point being that it's somewhat disappointing to see this is what TLG marketing thinks this is what adults want, and other posters saying Lego should stay non political, a point I strongly agree with although I'm not sure if the simple inclusion of a short haired girl on the box really counts as being political when TLG have done far "worse" in saying the military is objectively bad, EIA, not promoting police sets and donating to domestic terrorist BLM, but I digress!), does this not kinda prove my previous point? I mean, this set is "for adults" apparently and yet it's so mechanically simple that all us adults can talk about is how it's marketed! Compare this to the threads of the American tow truck and the Zetros which both have more interesting discussions about the sets their selves. 

11 hours ago, Bartybum said:

We’re having a civil discussion, nobody’s attacking you.

So having a short haired woman building a Raptor Technic set is LGBT ‘brainwashing’? That’s a very harsh thing to say. Why is a Raptor only for manly men to build?

Are the men in the Technic promos building the Ducati, Lamborghini and Ferrari, as well as the boys building the Senna and Zetros, LGBT ‘brainwashing’ too? If you say every set then surely you must mean to implicate those too. If there’s Technic ‘brainwashing’ then I sure don’t see it.

Note that you’ve also done exactly what I cautioned against and fallen into the trap of thinking that a social stance is chosen at the expense of set features. TLG has been skimping out on features for ages now.

I apologize if I hurt someone's feelings or was wrong. I don't exclude that this is indeed the case. Perhaps I spoke out sharply. But I didn't mean the marketing of all Lego sets, but only some of the images and hints that Lego uses in the promotion of initially children's toys. This is what confuses me. I don't want to see asexual (androgynous) people or hints of people somehow different sexually oriented in the promo pictures of Lego. Or something else related to this. Lego's position here should be neutral, I don't care about their personal position on this issue. That's all. I don't want to return to this sore subject any more, I'm already very sorry that I started writing about it at all.

P.S. My 12 year old daughter loves Lego Technic very much and together we look forward to new sets every time. But she has a regular hairstyle and a traditional look. Therefore I really liked the promo images, for example, Mercedes Zetros, where an ordinary girl plays with a car. This kind of marketing is very acceptable, although they could make a couple of children - a boy and a girl in the images, so as not to cause unnecessary discussions. For some reason, in Russia, when they see a girl playing with a toy car, many people start asking a stupid question - who is this in the picture at all a boy or a girl? I think this is not correct of course. I think some of us are still too orthodox. But I don't want it to be imposed on anyone. You see, I'm writing sincerely.

Edited by Igor1

I'm kinda baffled by this whole marketing discussion.

Apparently, that's what you get as a company when you release dumb sets without interesting functions and act like they deserve of the name "technic". This is not a Technic set, it's a set made of Technic parts.

But we can discuss all we want, the only thing we can do to make sets more interesting that would actually have any effect, however small, is not buy this crap, and get that cool tow truck instead. Or that dark-red Creator Expert pick-up truck.

@Erik Leppen I agree, the last set of buggy (42124) that I bought in the end was just disassembled for parts. It was very boring to play it even with two L-motors per drive. Somehow else I didn't even want to modify it. I don't know what to do with buggy tires at all, as they are terrible. And now Lego will also put them in the Fort Raptor set.

Edited by Igor1

I wasn't talking about the buggy ;) The buggy is a nice set that isn't 3 times the size needed for the functions, and the RC makes that very playable. This Raptor doesn't have the RC component to make it more fun, and lacks any alternative functions that sets like 8070 or 42039 had. In fact, it's interesting you mention the buggy, @Igor1, because that one has the same 3 functions, plus RC, for 1/3 the parts!

@Igor1 No need to apologise my dude, no feelings have been hurt here.

I must say that I haven’t seen any hints towards what you’re talking about with other sets. It’s all just kids playing with sets.

52 minutes ago, Igor1 said:

Therefore I really liked the promo images, for example, Mercedes Zetros, where an ordinary girl plays with a car.

I mean, for a girl she’s pretty androgynous, to the point that I thought she was a boy until I looked closer and saw the earrings.

56 minutes ago, Igor1 said:

although they could make a couple of children - a boy and a girl in the images, so as not to cause unnecessary discussions.

If we’re to talk about unnecessary discussions, then it’s worth mentioning that this discussion started only because someone decided that it was a problem that they couldn’t tell whether the character was a man or a woman, and decided that it was LGBT, when there was nothing explicitly so about the character (no flag, nothing) There’s nothing uniquely LGBT about her.

In any case it’s probably worth stopping the discussion. It’s fairly clear that we have somewhat different social values, and we probably won’t come to a consensus on what constitutes as forcing one’s values on another.

32 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

This is not a Technic set, it's a set made of Technic parts.

Nailed it :thumbup:

The one redeeming thing about the set is that it helps round out the orange palette on B&P. That's pretty much it :sad:

36 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

the only thing we can do to make sets more interesting that would actually have any effect, however small, is not buy this crap, and get that cool tow truck instead. Or that dark-red Creator Expert pick-up truck.

Or the Zetros, even!

I definitely agree that the bodywork above the front grille/headlights doesn't look right and sticks out too much. Admittedly, it's hard to shape the end of the hood right in a small scale, but at least they could have recessed it further above the headlights or used curve slopes like on the roof pillars. I also don't like the rake in the body work. You can see in a side view that there is a 1 stud height difference between the front and rear wheel arches. 42029 was worse, it had 2 studs difference. I don't mind so much if the front and rear suspensions are set at different heights, but I don't like it when the bodywork isn't lined up front to back.

Also, why weren't 3 stud tall axles without hubs used like in 42111 or 42124? That would have given better ground clearance.

20 minutes ago, lmdesigner42 said:

Also, why weren't 3 stud tall axles without hubs used like in 42111 or 42124? That would have given better ground clearance.

Removed

Edited by kbalage
Wrong thread :)

1 hour ago, lmdesigner42 said:

I definitely agree that the bodywork above the front grille/headlights doesn't look right and sticks out too much. Admittedly, it's hard to shape the end of the hood right in a small scale, but at least they could have recessed it further above the headlights or used curve slopes like on the roof pillars. I also don't like the rake in the body work. You can see in a side view that there is a 1 stud height difference between the front and rear wheel arches. 42029 was worse, it had 2 studs difference. I don't mind so much if the front and rear suspensions are set at different heights, but I don't like it when the bodywork isn't lined up front to back.

Well, rm8 in his livestream (russian language) has shown a slighly smaller scale wip of his with brickbuilt headlights and much better bonnet... Of course, it's a MOC, blah, blah, blah... but they really failed with this one. (rm8's video @32:42 https://youtu.be/rCffSyF4aVw?t=1962)

As for ground clearance, it dumbfounds me as well. But I suppose since they don't recommend these cars to go offroad, they couldn't care less about it. As long as they can charge us an extra fo license, and the toy rolls across the floor, the child&parent will be happy. And since this is most likely intented and will be used as a shelf dustcollector it isn't that important to have a good ground clearance(heck they don't care about 4WD, which is apparently one of the key features of this pickup truck).

It's up on S@H for $250AUD... jesus christ why does this thing not have a gearbox? It's the same set as the Dodge Charger yet they slapped on an extra $70.

Edited by Bartybum

8 hours ago, syclone said:

Well, rm8 in his livestream (russian language) has shown a slighly smaller scale wip of his with brickbuilt headlights and much better bonnet... Of course, it's a MOC, blah, blah, blah... but they really failed with this one. (rm8's video @32:42 https://youtu.be/rCffSyF4aVw?t=1962)

Looks so much better. Of course, that took dozens of pieces for the face, where Lego needed 3.