On 6/15/2021 at 11:58 PM, MajklSpajkl said:

Are the tires the same as on the C+ buggy? I like those black arches above the wheels and the whole truck looks nice. Who knows if @nico71 had some"deeper" inspiration on his green truck? :grin:

Not at all ^^ I was surprised to see this new raptor :)

I'm wondering how much time will pass until we see a 3d render of the car/pickup/truck-whatever you call it/ based on this sole picture.

I was amazed by efferman's re-build and upgrade of a set that's not out yet /tow-truck/ 😁

Edited by GTS

This set is the only one I see myself picking up out of this year's lineup. Of course this could change when official photos of all sets are released.

6 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Oh my god what is this *oh2* So mysterious *oh2*

(sarcasm)

Oh, really?? It's just a new color, matte black! :iamded_lol:

image.png.938a4f170b631338c4339c964b775a74.png

Edited by Igor1

3 hours ago, dabo said:

This set is the only one I see myself picking up out of this year's lineup. Of course this could change when official photos of all sets are released.

Nah not so much for myself.  Hasn't been by way of technic since the Mack truck.  I admit it'll be neat tho.

Huh those tires feel like a bit of an odd choice, but not terrible. My biggest issue is the grill doesn't look much like a raptor at all, it feels like a generic pickup truck front and is relying on the stickers for the look. Otherwise looks nice, I'll probably pick it up.

Edit: Also the ground clearance for the live axle is pretty bad, oof.

Edited by TheRacker

Looks bad with HOG but hopefully easy to remove. Also would have preferred it in blue but still my favorite set so far this year.

What I don't like is that all lights are done with stickers...

Is this the first Technic car set with 4 openable doors?

The front grille + headlights made solely with stickers isn't that great design, but otherwise it looks quite nice. Also, a nice selection of orange parts, even a couple of recoloured panels. No mention of a gearbox though, so I assume none is included, just the basic steering, V6 engine and suspension as far as functions go. Hopefully at least the steering wheel is connected to the steering. The HOG wheel looks indeed pretty ugly, but apparently it's easy to remove and reattach, so it's not a problem.

32 minutes ago, mpj said:

What I don't like is that all lights are done with stickers...

All of the lights are done with stickers. Front rear and the turning signals as well. 

Rake angle is a little too much compared to RL and the lack of a gearbox or functions makes it another "Racers" licensed set, but at least it's slightly cheaper than the Ferrari. Must be due to the fewer stickers. :pir-tongue:

Seems like same funtionality as 42111 in a different package. Even the rear axle seems to use a simillar setup with a ball joint... Should be easy to motorize and maybe even give it AWD though.

Sticker head- and taillights is just lazy. When I imagine how much time I spend on the head- and taillights on my MOC cars, just slapping a sticker on would almost cut the time needed for the entire body in half, especially with such a simple box body.

What I hate most about this is that the normal kid that just puts on the sticker with his hands (without cleaning the surface and using tweezers) will not even have a recognizable model left once the head- and taillights start peeling off :enough:

7 minutes ago, Zerobricks said:

Seems like same funtionality as 42111 in a different package. Even the rear axle seems to use a simillar setup with a ball joint... Should be easy to motorize and maybe even give it AWD though.

Yep. Could be another design by Samuel Tacchi, as each designer is responsible for similar target price and category.

As a non-technic collector view point , set should've been dark red or something, but on the other hand I understand reusing the same colors for various reasons, MOCs / production etc.

13 minutes ago, astyanax said:

"RAPTOR" on the rear wheel arches looks like a print though?

Yeah definitely. At least we'll also have clean, unprinted arches unlike the with the Porsche RSR.

23 minutes ago, eric trax said:

It's RWD... lol :pir-murder:

I can't even anymore :roflmao: 

The amount of stickers (about 16 on the exterior) is saddening...