22 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Can you make dark blue version too?

I didn't get any light or dark colours working because I did it in Paint.NET, and couldn't figure out how to change do it without keeping the non-coloured stuff the same

Edited by Bartybum

The blue one is my favourite, but yellow looks sweet as well! It’s about time we get a yellow car to be honest.

Sand blue is my personal favourite too. 

But not complaining getting the 5/6 panels in orange. Looks like the newer 3x7 panels in the doors too?

1 hour ago, LvdH said:

It’s about time we get a yellow car to be honest.

What about the yellow car in your profile picture :wink:

2 hours ago, amorti said:

Ayy I was hoping you'd pick up on that lol :grin:

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Shame it couldn't be metallic orange, but them's the breaks.

It's shitty but I don't know how to do any better, so enjoy :tongue: Tried to mess with the luminosity curves to make some fake pronounced shine

N9YlBT9.png

Edited by Bartybum

17 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

It's shitty but I don't know how to do any better, so enjoy :tongue: Tried to mess with the luminosity curves to make some fake pronounced shine

Now this looks like a premium "18+" product.

2 hours ago, AVCampos said:

*snip*

Let me rephrase: It’s about time we get a large scale yellow car. Sure there is something, but luck building any large scale cars with those parts. No 1x2 half beams, no 17/18 panels, very limited soft axles, some connectors are scarce, etc.

1 hour ago, langko said:

What about the yellow car in your profile picture

It’s actually only one of two out of 40-some that I have built in yellow. An even that needed paint and third party pneumatic hoses. The yellow color palette is just too limiting, and it’s about time we get at least Ford Raptor size in yellow.

10 hours ago, LvdH said:

it’s about time we get at least Ford Raptor size in yellow.

I agree, Lego used to make heaps of Yellow Technic cars but now the only real car in the shelves is 42122

Edited by 992bricks

8 hours ago, LvdH said:

It’s actually only one of two out of 40-some that I have built in yellow. An even that needed paint and third party pneumatic hoses. The yellow color palette is just too limiting, and it’s about time we get at least Ford Raptor size in yellow.

oh wow I didn't realise that that model needed paint etc... But I'm about 95% finished my complete senna redesign in yellow, and its honestly been easier than the dark azure. Despite not having the large 17/18 panels, I think the overall part availability is much better (although admittedly sometimes rare and expensive, but at least the parts exist) 

But yes, I would also like to see a larger LEGO car in yellow. I just don't really see it happening, as it's the main colour for construction equipment...

Yep, yellow would be a great for a car set, but I believe TLG wants to have variety of colours available each year, and as construction equipment is released quite often, it gets to have the yellow colouring, being the most recognizable colour for that category of machinery while cars can basically be of any colour. But this is getting off-topic, let's get back to the set this topic is actually about.

@howitzer yup, quite agree.

last thing I will say though, for $250AU I won’t be buying this regardless of the colour it comes in. It looks nice but for me not worth the money. Too boring for an AFOL, to expensive to buy for a kid as a gift. At least new pieces in new colours and that’s all that matters for me as I can pick them up direct from LEGO/bricklink if I want to. 

Yep, I am afraid unless it has some really cool features, like some kind of softer longer travel suspension, it will be an easy pass for me. All out of shelf space, lol.

Edited by Johnny1360

38 minutes ago, 992bricks said:

For me it will be a definite buy, but only on a 20-30% discount.

Even so you're saying you're happy paying up to 120€ for 1375 pieces.

For me, a set without any electrical parts should be RRP'ed at that sort of money, the retailer shouldn't have to swallow 30€ loss to give it you at that price point.

These discount tactics don't hurt Amazon. They hurt the small retailers who can't afford those discounts.

44 minutes ago, amorti said:

These discount tactics don't hurt Amazon. They hurt the small retailers who can't afford those discounts. 

The margin is pretty big. The small independent toyshop near me has 20% off on all sets all year round. Seems to work for them.

In Russia the prices for Lego are much better now. For example, a relatively new set of Ferrari 42125 can be purchased for less than 100 euros. Buggy set 42124 or Dodge Charger 42111 are sold for 60 euros or less. Moreover, these are regular prices and not some seasonal special offers. By the way, the issue of margin is very interesting in this regard, since sellers in Russia do not trade at a loss, but the prices are quite affordable.

I think that the new Fort Raptor in Russia will be cheaper than 100 euros for sure. I plan to buy it for some kind of stock, no more than 80-70 euros. Because it's a very good resource for orange parts. Its motorization would also be interesting - that is the potential for play and reuse of this set is very high.

Edited by Igor1

13 hours ago, amorti said:

Even so you're saying you're happy paying up to 120€ for 1375 pieces.

The prime reason I am buying this set is for motorization and I also love the F-150 as a vehicle. I do agree with you that the price even at a discount for the size of the set is expensive, but the set (In my opinion) is great and that is why I will buy it.