Personally, I am loving this set. 42124 tires, 42096 mudguards in orange, 42125 mudguards in black, and tons of orange pieces.

However, I think the 1989 Batmobile's front tires could've worked better here. The real vehicle's tires have a relatively flat profile, while the 42124's are more balloon-like.

Edited by JLiu15

Doesn’t seem to be the successor to the Defender to me, looks much more like a successor to the Ferrari from January. The part count is hard to read but looks like 1375 pieces. Also if the wheel arches are the same as 42056, the black mudguard parts are new and larger than the Ferrari. 

40 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Also if the wheel arches are the same as 42056

No way they're the same as 42056. They're way too wide for these tires (same as 42124). These are likely 42096's in orange.

42 minutes ago, JLiu15 said:

No way they're the same as 42056. They're way too wide for these tires (same as 42124). These are likely 42096's in orange.

Yeah, you are most likely correct. I do not have those arches so I can’t confirm if the Ferrari mudguards fit in those arches.

According to Promobricks, price tag is 139 €.

Lower front bumper seems like curved panel 3x7 and the new 2x3 liftarms curved in dbg on the sides.

This pick up look amazing! Despite it's fully manual, it looks fantastic!

The rear mudguard in the real life car has the Ford logo, and apparently that in the model also has the Ford logo. I hope it's not printed,

1 hour ago, vectormatic said:

if its anything like the 488, it should be a very nice set for people who like pickup trucks

Or people who like to mod the official sets.

I personaly am already thinking out how to squizz my recent 4WD/RWD/FWD/N transmission inside...

1 hour ago, vectormatic said:

Looking at the size of some parts, im going to guess this thing wont be packed with features for that price

Agree. If we compare it to the red abomination, it's cheaper, smaller, and has fewer parts. Anyone who expects a gearbox here is, sadly, dreaming.

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think Milan worked on this set. He designed similar sets for this price point in the past: 42069, 42110.

At least we can look forward to some wacky C-models (B-models) :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The rear mudguard in the real life car has the Ford logo, and apparently that in the model also has the Ford logo. I hope it's not printed,

Considering porsche and mclaren sena, it will be printed sadly...

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

Lower front bumper seems like curved panel 3x7 and the new 2x3 liftarms curved in dbg on the sides.

It looks like LBG in my eyes.

Wow, what a pleasant surprise, that's looking pretty good so far. I didn't want to buy the buggy just for the tires, but this one looks like a perfect excuse :) The color scheme is cool as well, lots of parts in the same color. Curious about the functions and the actual suspension!

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

The mudguard parts have always been printed because of the shape, which prevents smooth application of stickers. So I'm fully expecting a print here also.

The grille appears to be printed, so that makes me think there won’t be any more prints on the mudguards.

5 minutes ago, howitzer said:

The mudguard parts have always been printed because of the shape, which prevents smooth application of stickers. So I'm fully expecting a print here also.

And if someone needs a clean mudguard then it takes like 5 minutes to remove the print completely with a simple eraser :)  

I  think it fits the scale of 42111 set (and probably suspension, engine, steering are mostly the same...

2 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

Wow, what a pleasant surprise, that's looking pretty good so far. I didn't want to buy the buggy just for the tires, but this one looks like a perfect excuse :) The color scheme is cool as well, lots of parts in the same color. Curious about the functions and the actual suspension!

Unfortunately, the tires from the new buggy turned out to be bad for me. They have very poor grip on hard surfaces. And I'm a little disappointed that they were used again in the new set. But in general, the new Ford in orange looks very interesting, at least as an excuse for modification and motorization.

13 minutes ago, Igor1 said:

And I'm a little disappointed that they were used again in the new set

They should use tires from batmobile set to make them less rare and a bit cheaper. And it seems they would fit better here, but we will see.

Oh, another "USA-inspired" set xD :sarcasm:

Not a fan of another orange car (why not LBG/silver or "normal" blue?) 

The tyres certainly are an overkill, but nice to see them in more sets. Mudguard extenders in black are useful as well.

Hopefully we'll get more "international" cars soon...

Other colour options that'd look better IMHO:

Spoiler

2021-ford-f-150-raptor-rendering-1594401

745446.jpg

Edited by syclone