5 hours ago, amorti said:

Lego and Toyota is likely off the table.

But according to Promobricks a Toyota will appear in the Speed Champions line this year.

7 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

So, 1379 pieces, but at the same price at the 2017-piece Tow Truck. I'd say it's this set that has manual pneumatics.

You have to compare it with another licensed vehicle, so 42125 for example, which is also 18+. It's more likely it will have about the same functionality as 42125 at a bit smaller size.

Edited by Gumalca

3 minutes ago, Gumalca said:

You have to compare it with another licensed vehicle, so 42125 for example, which is also 18+. It's more likely it will have about the same functionality as 42125 at a bit smaller size.

I really hope a similar (lack of) functionality as 42125 will be limited to the January car releases. Let's stick to 42110 Defender as a reference :)
January 18+ vehicle -> shelf queen

October 18+ vehicle -> playable with tons of gears doing stuff inside 

On 1/8/2021 at 5:14 AM, Void_S said:

If only Hummer EV (electrical pickup's concept). Real 1-2-3 model were sold to China manufacturer and now are produced as "DongFeng Warrior" brand and are less known to world-wide consumers.

The Hummer EV is a cool vehicle to model, with the car-marketing tie-in, but thanks to its being electric virtually all the components of the Defender's drivetrain (gearbox, transfer case, piston engine) would become unrealistic, leaving us with a very basic model, which wouldn't really be the Defender successor it has been speculated to be.

For my best opinion I can give, might be a  Chevrolet Pick-up Truck ?

Since likely an successor for Land Rover, an 2021 Silverado using Land Rover Mud guard would be perfect.

Edited by Technicallism

On 1/14/2021 at 5:40 AM, Technicallism said:

For my best opinion I can give, might be a  Chevrolet Pick-up Truck ?

Since likely an successor for Land Rover, an 2021 Silverado using Land Rover Mud guard would be perfect.

Ohhh, that's too good to be true I afraid... So far it remains to have the same price as 42128 (Tow Truck) which looks so promising, so this one should so on. I really hope.

The Munich auto show is mid-September, and Mercedes is still to reveal its new G Squared.

It would be nice after the Defender.

Back in 2019 the official name for the Defender was leaked on June 21st and the official box image was accidentally revealed by Smyths Toys the next day.

Let's hope for sth similar this year.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

6 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Back in 2019 the official name for the Defender was leaked on June 21st and the official box image was accidentally revealed by Smyths Toys the next day.

Let's hope for sth similar this year.

I'd be disappointed if it turned out to be an offroad vehicle like the Defender. It has less than 1.5k pieces, versus vs the Defender's 2.5k pieces, which means that it'd almost certainly not have a gearbox. It'd just be another hollow shell.

11 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I'd be disappointed if it turned out to be an offroad vehicle like the Defender. It has less than 1.5k pieces, versus vs the Defender's 2.5k pieces, which means that it'd almost certainly not have a gearbox. It'd just be another hollow shell.

Or a smaller scale

7 hours ago, MarkyMark42 said:

Or a smaller scale

Well, the smaller scale does not deny an absence of the gearbox unfortunately...

Big and smaller Porsche 911 have shown us "maxi" and "mini" editions of the same model.

8 hours ago, Void_S said:

Big and smaller Porsche 911 have shown us "maxi" and "mini" editions of the same model.

Wait until TLG reveals a Corvette-sized Porsche in the future.

6 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Wait until TLG reveals a Corvette-sized Porsche in the future.

Hopefully a Porsche-sized Corvette instead :)

On 6/15/2021 at 10:36 PM, Maaboo35 said:

Ford Raptor F150.

Time to rename the topic.

Thanks @mpj.

Wow! That looks very cool, and has the key new-car-marketing tie-in. It definitely appears to be a defender successor, (Edit: probably not exactly, since the tires are smaller when the real Raptor's are larger, and the part count is also a lot lower.) and makes good use of a number of new parts from the January wave. I assume the wheelwells and fever flares are the same as the Ferrari's.

Where did this image come from?

Edited by Jim
Image removed on request of TLG

Probable functions:

Front independent suspension

Rear solid axle suspension

V6 piston engine

4WD

Gearbox (likely a 4-speed sequential)

High/low transfer case (less likely, given the smaller size relative to the Defender)

Opening stuff

1 minute ago, suffocation said:

She's a beauty! :pir-love:

Is that regular orange (42056)?

Yeah, with new orange panels (I mean new panels, not a new orange color). And black wheelarch extenders (fenders) previously presented in red in Ferrari!

20 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Probable functions:

Front independent suspension

Rear solid axle suspension

V6 piston engine

4WD

Gearbox (likely a 4-speed sequential)

High/low transfer case (less likely, given the smaller size relative to the Defender)

Opening stuff

I know I'm nitpicking now: I guess they'll fit in steering as well :classic:

Looks really good, I hope it is comparable to the Defender functionwise.

Edited by kolbjha

Are the tires the same as on the C+ buggy? I like those black arches above the wheels and the whole truck looks nice. Who knows if @nico71 had some"deeper" inspiration on his green truck? :grin:

It looks nice but if the older info is right (1379 pieces for 149,99 EUR), then this is overpriced as hell. I mean, it's the same price as the upcoming 42128 Tow Truck...  

59 minutes ago, MajklSpajkl said:

Are the tires the same as on the C+ buggy?

They are! :sweet:

Edited by Void_S