Recommended Posts

Simple and nice review :thumbup:

Well done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completely agree, simple as in: Nailed to the point. Clean.

I really enjoyed this review! Thank you very much!

Best wishes,
Thorsten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really enjoyed the review also.

Neat concise with highlight of the build.

I'm usually not a fan of watching a full speed build (even if I can understand that people like those) so I like your approach more.

Also interesting to see other models in the review like Mack, rought terrain crane and so on.

Thanks

BTW I just found this: https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/186667-rotator-tow-truck-42098-c-model/1000x800.jpg?1626448826.7029676

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite nice review, thanks for that!

I am amazed about how the Zetros and the Heavy duty truck compare. I would like to think that this set will be much better sold than the Zetros, maybe suggesting for a change in the direction of the future big sets of TLC. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, HectorMB said:

Quite nice review, thanks for that!

I am amazed about how the Zetros and the Heavy duty truck compare. I would like to think that this set will be much better sold than the Zetros, maybe suggesting for a change in the direction of the future big sets of TLC. 

 

I can somewhat sympathize with this. I do hope they both sell well, but the tow truck more than the Zetros (at full price anyway) I like the Zetros design but whoever chose the pricing for PU needs a rethink. It's a shame because I really want the Zetros, Grohl really stepped it up from previous crawlers IMHO, but I'm considering just buying the needed parts for that one. The tow truck however, insta-buy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, allanp said:

I can somewhat sympathize with this. I do hope they both sell well, but the tow truck more than the Zetros (at full price anyway) I like the Zetros design but whoever chose the pricing for PU needs a rethink. It's a shame because I really want the Zetros, Grohl really stepped it up from previous crawlers IMHO, but I'm considering just buying the needed parts for that one. The tow truck however, insta-buy.

Tow truck is one of those evergreen trucks that will be impressive vehicles for ever. Since not all if us are mad about jumping into PU train, full manual models will be always interesting; specially like this one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Indeed, I like the PU and I was looking forward for the Zetros. Nevertheless, given the parts included in this set, the numerous functions and the overpriced Zetros, this one goes to the top of my priorities for Lego. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still working on the digital model of this set and these reviews made a huge leap for my progress, only few parts may me misaligned now. @Jim, following the still active embargo, am I allowed to publish the LDD file here, or should be better to wait for the offical release date?

Meanwhile, let's see how tight all the gears and axles are packed inside:

  • White - drivetrain
  • Purple - steering
  • Red - outriggers
  • Orange - wheel lift boom elevation
  • Green - lift axle
  • Blue - crane boom rotation

42128%20-%20American%20Tow%20Truck%20PRO

42128%20-%20American%20Tow%20Truck%20PRO

42128%20-%20American%20Tow%20Truck%20PRO

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Void_S said:

It looks amazing men, keep doing this excellent work :)

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a little tow & rescue test with some size comparison as well:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, kbalage said:

Here's a little tow & rescue test with some size comparison as well:

Your video must be the first time I've seen somebody apply the stickers. :laugh:

Edited by Maaboo35

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/16/2021 at 11:12 PM, Void_S said:

I'm still working on the digital model of this set and these reviews made a huge leap for my progress, only few parts may me misaligned now. @Jim, following the still active embargo, am I allowed to publish the LDD file here, or should be better to wait for the offical release date?

 

 

LDD file? Yes please!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Your video must be the first time I've seen somebody apply the stickers. :laugh:

Sariel as well I think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, kbalage said:

Here's a little tow & rescue test with some size comparison as well:

This video also has a comment that must be shared here as well: http://www.suburbantow.com/

The photo of Orange-White trucks with blue equipment was already published here, and now some guys identified the company which livery was an inspiration to this set. I think these stickers were made to get rid of a full match which may result in some fee payments for TLG.

As for the LDD file, yes, it should be ready soon. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Livery can also be IP protected, wonder if TLG talked to these guys at all?

Also, needs more chrome :pir-wub:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JesusZ1096 said:

Sariel as well I think.

Oh yeah. I've become used to seeing it without stickers though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, 1974 said:

Also, needs more chrome

Chrome would be expensive when it is used on neccessary places.

51089973527_2da1cfb083_c.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No problem, just buy custom chromed parts on BrickLink... oops, thanks a lot TLG. :hmpf_bad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, kbalage said:

I'm sure you wandered :)

 

Can you try whats required to fit the VW T2 wheels, to have dually drive wheels?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, kbalage said:

 

"It fell off a truck... truck."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guess what is fully done? https://bricksafe.com/files/Void_s/studio-models/42128 - American Tow Truck.io
I passed trough all the "speed build" steps of video reviewers and complied it into the Studio file, divided into the building steps. It consists of 2006 out of 2017 parts.

  • No stickers
  • No pipes
  • No strings
  • 11L cross-holed liftarms are presented as custom parts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks! That sure is some dedication!

 

Edited by 992bricks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.