Looks like all four outriggers are linked which is a shame actually. They move in pairs in real life (at least the back one does)

Why don't TLG make a 1x1 cylinder head with integrated piston? Might even need a new crankshaft but surely with all these rather poorly working brickbuild engines those moulds would pay off rather quickly, no?

12 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

I'm not really a fan of the brick-built engine, but whatever. If it works, it works, and it's good there's an engine at all. I hope it's driven by both rear axles, but I suspect it isn't, to make room for the car lift.

I think it immitates the Cummins Common Rail engine series with its Red color and "rail" high pressure pipes. Plus white cylinder at the left side. I tried to build this engine in such scale and found it nearly impossible without bricks and other System parts. However we're getting here quite authentic (and working!) engine model. Personally, Im happy. 

5 minutes ago, 1974 said:

Why don't TLG make a 1x1 cylinder head with integrated piston? Might even need a new crankshaft but surely with all these rather poorly working brickbuild engines those moulds would pay off rather quickly, no?

I was about to say "probably because the current parts can be used more flexibly for the B model" but then realized TLG no longer makes B model for sets like this :cry_sad:

I kinda dunno why they didnt use 68325 and some round tiles for the fake fuel tanks, it looks better.

25 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

I'm not really a fan of the brick-built engine, but whatever. If it works, it works, and it's good there's an engine at all. I hope it's driven by both rear axles, but I suspect it isn't, to make room for the car lift.

In one of the pics of the build I think a diff and tan 20t gear are visible on the last axle, which gives me good hope that the middle rear axle has a diff as well. 

24 minutes ago, Void_S said:

OMG it must buy for me! Finally thin 49.5 wheels for trucks!

I think the thick ones still works better for this 42128 truck, as rotators have quite heavy-loaded front axle and usually have its "heavy-duty" variant with thick "heavy load" tires or twin steering variant.

Alternativelly, it should have from 8 (with second "lift" and "heavy-duty" axle immitating super single tires) to 14 tires (if all axles runs normal whells). It would be too much for te first releases of these tires, I suppose.

I will buy an absolute truck load of these tires for this tow truck, also for the Mack A and B model...

Edited by Coolusername

24 minutes ago, 1974 said:

Looks like all four outriggers are linked which is a shame actually. They move in pairs in real life (at least the back one does)

I see the same - two longitudial shafts between side and rear actuators with universal and old cv joints. And a traversal shaft runnung under the turntable (1-2 studs rearward from its center) which syncronizes the "sides". 

Cannot decide if I like it enough to buy it, but at least it seems the price will be reasonable.

Just out of curiosity, and considering I'm European and therefore don't see this kind of trucks on the road: aren't the front grille slits supposed to be vertical?

Also, regarding the fuel tanks, they seem to me built from wheel rims instead of beams.

2 minutes ago, AVCampos said:

Also, regarding the fuel tanks, they seem to me built from wheel rims instead of beams.

The section between the rims (the steps) are stacked beams (2x4 liftarms mostly). The sides are indeed rims.

Here's everything I can share about the set at the moment, with some extra coming straight from the LEGO Fan Media Days designer interview such as new parts and other background information :)

Markus Kossman designed this set?! That defies the usual pattern of Markus working on the next set-with-highest-part-count or the flagship set.

12 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Markus Kossman designed this set?! That defies the usual pattern of Markus working on the next set-with-highest-part-count or the flagship set.

Don't forget 2018 - he designed 42079, while Olav designed the 42082 flagship.

I think I saw dual differentials around the 4:11-4:14 marks. And 14:28.

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

12 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I think I saw dual differentials around the 4:11-4:14 marks. And 14:28.

Yes it looks like last two axles are "powered"

I'm really liking this set so far. Lots of functionalities, pneumatics, good selection of pieces. 100% will grab one!

9 hours ago, Coolusername said:

I will buy an absolute truck load of these tires for this tow truck, also for the Mack A and B model...

Quick count... I would need 110 of these to equip my trucks and trailers - 42128 not included.

YES!!!!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dual diffs :)

13 hours ago, AVCampos said:

Just out of curiosity, and considering I'm European and therefore don't see this kind of trucks on the road: aren't the front grille slits supposed to be vertical?

It really depends. I went to tow truck parade some time ago, and all of the trucks have vertical slats over a grill mesh. But, I think you could also get a grille with horizontal slats. 

Like this:

o.jpg

Edited by Saberwing40k

2 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

This set is the best in many years IMO, and it only got more impressive after the official reveal. Hope to get this on day 1!

Totally agree with these words. Based on the available information it seems better than the very good 8462 and partly good 8285 tow trucks. Can't wait for the reviews. Day 1 purchase for sure.

It's  MK's work...👍👏 

But I'm expecting him Behind CAT😔

Well anyway,  did this set release in US on Aug1 also? Tnx