3 minutes ago, Jim said:

Maybe you will find a review without stickers and it’s only two strikes. Time will tell.

Ah! There is a loophole! :oh:

2 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

So that mystery part on the fuel tanks is simply stacked beams.

I feel like TLG has spoiled Technic-head fans (or at least me) rotten with all the functions and rare parts already. Introducing the new pneumatic air tank would simply be too much :tongue:

Now this is a proper Technic set! Finally something worthy of the name. But first thing I'm gonna do is replace those fake gas tanks with two air tanks like in the good old days.

46 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Ah! There is a loophole! :oh:

If you turn the string around itself, you might find another loophole!

---

On another note, we really need a re-release of the air tank, the old ones are getting expensive and pneumatic sets like this could be so much more with them...

4 minutes ago, howitzer said:

On another note, we really need a re-release of the air tank, the old ones are getting expensive and pneumatic sets like this could be so much more with them...

But it was available on B&P until very recently -- in white. I bought 2 from B&P less than 2 years ago, according to my administration. I paid ~$3 a piece.

2 minutes ago, astyanax said:

But it was available on B&P until very recently -- in white. I bought 2 from B&P less than 2 years ago, according to my administration. I paid ~$3 a piece.

Oh, that's strange. Gotta go and see how it looks at B&P now, at least the Bricklink prices don't seem to reflect the availability in B&P...

Edit: I checked it and it's out of stock :(

Edited by howitzer

The white air tank only came in a LEGO education set if I remember correctly. It must have been retired last year, because I also ordered a white air tank around November 2019. You might still be able to order them if you call LEGO and give them the part number though. That has worked for me in the past, also for pieces that weren't even listed on their site. 

14 minutes ago, howitzer said:

If you turn the string around itself, you might find another loophole!

---

I agree. I'm not paying $20 or so for an old one off Bricklink, so I now have a $10 one coming from China. We'll see how it works, but I doubt they'll mess up a solid piece of plastic too much.

19 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I agree. I'm not paying $20 or so for an old one off Bricklink, so I now have a $10 one coming from China. We'll see how it works, but I doubt they'll mess up a solid piece of plastic too much.

If it's a solid piece of plastic it won't hold any air. :pir_tong2:

22 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

If it's a solid piece of plastic it won't hold any air. :pir_tong2:

Hopefully it's not that solid!

I really just meant that the lack of moving parts should keep it reliable, but you probably knew that! :wink:

So just to recap:

• Drive
  • Steering
  • Fake engine
  • Opening doors
  • Opening engine cover
  • Winch A
  • Winch B
  • Winch quick release/ratcheters
  • Wheel grabber fork
  • Wheel grabber main boom
  • Boom extention
  • Boom elevation
  • Turntable rotation
  • Side outriggers
  • Rear outriggers
  • Fake engine (moving)
  • Axle lift
  • Pneumatic pump for the pnumatic functions

INCREDIBLE

Edited by SNIPE

8 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Where did you got this pic?

Edited by Milan
Removed block of pictures.

1 minute ago, JesusZ1096 said:

Oh sorry :(

No worries, I have edited your post. :thumbup:
Have fun on the forums :wink:

14 hours ago, howitzer said:

This reminds me of the very fond memories from my childhood with 8868:

411-3354_3.jpg

Specifically those pneumatic hoses routed through the turntable. A definite buy for me as soon as it's available through my local retailers.

It seems strange, but all pictures with building table and parts show the 3x7 panel in orange instead the 3x11 panel of the hood. I can not spot the 3x7 panel in orange on the model itself. Maybe this is a mistake

4 minutes ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

I can not spot the 3x7 panel in orange on the model itself.

Maybe it's in the back of the bunker, like a bed.

There will be new 49.5x14 tires in the 10290 set. So we could get some dually rear tires for these technic trucks.

Wonder why they didn't use them already in this set and wait till autumn for release these?

I wonder about that 3x4 square hole in the top down view.

Good to see a nice functional set. I'll probably get this one some time. Most functionality seems concentrated in the rear part, so the front may feel a bit empty in comparison. Let's see of a moving steering wheel is a nice mod to make.

Also good to see the alternating 11L and 15L beams are used in a few places. I wonder if all 4 outriggers are linked. I hope so, and it looks to be the case, but I'm not sure.

I'm not really a fan of the brick-built engine, but whatever. If it works, it works, and it's good there's an engine at all. I hope it's driven by both rear axles, but I suspect it isn't, to make room for the car lift.

The missing air tank is kinda a bummer, I hope TLC has read the discussion and is inspired by it. In any case, it's good to see a return of the thin long cylinder in particular, and pneumatics in general.

I like the color scheme, but not sure I'm a fan of the white sleeper cabin. Also the black 11x7 frame at the bottom of the cabin is a bit weird. I'm curious how the long chassis will hold up, especially if the second axle is raised (a cool feature by the way).

Things that would have improved the set (even further), would be using the thinner tyres (doubled at the rear, so 14 total), and a new air tank piece. There would have been the ideal place for it, which is now flled by useless plastic. But oh well. It's a nice set, and I'm looking forward to the reviews.

1 hour ago, Coolusername said:

There will be new 49.5x14 tires in the 10290 set. So we could get some dually rear tires for these technic trucks.

Wonder why they didn't use them already in this set and wait till autumn for release these?

OMG it must buy for me! Finally thin 49.5 wheels for trucks!

I think the thick ones still works better for this 42128 truck, as rotators have quite heavy-loaded front axle and usually have its "heavy-duty" variant with thick "heavy load" tires or twin steering variant.

Alternativelly, it should have from 8 (with second "lift" and "heavy-duty" axle immitating super single tires) to 14 tires (if all axles runs normal whells). It would be too much for te first releases of these tires, I suppose.