6 hours ago, -_-Husky-_- said:

Ok. thanks. That's why I didn't know about it.

There's also a community post on his YouTube channel.

On 6/6/2021 at 10:55 AM, Void_S said:

Not finished yet but the main things are already here:

400x300.png 400x300.png 400x300.png

If this is stud.io rendered, can you please explain how to build and render the pneumatic tubes? Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

If this is stud.io rendered, can you please explain how to build and render the pneumatic tubes? Thanks in advance.

Well, they renders exactly as other parts, just build the model and put to rendering. As for the building, they have a "flex" mode when it acts not like a solid piece but a chain of nodes, each of them could be positioned differently, so you can make any desired shape, step by step.

2 hours ago, HectorMB said:

@Timorzelorzworz, you may find the link below somehow helping. I read it some time ago and it did the job!

https://www.brickbanter.com/post/flexible-parts-bricklink-studio-tutorial

@Timorzelorzworz

Stud.io doesn't have pneumatic tubes as a part and they are not part of the flex system. (If they built stud.io around the harder Technic parts they would be saving themselves a lot of grief in the future bat that's a different rant.)

The flexible hoses are for the smaller hard tubes so the diameter is smaller.

when I was making my version of the 8868 i used LDCad for the tubes and then import them into Stud.io via the  part designer tool.

I used Thus Guide to create the tubes. Its quite a time consuming process and even importing the parts has a trick to it to get them to have the right orientation.

I think the tow truck will be the highlight from the summer wave. An all manual, stuffed with functions, medium budget set with very cool parts... Technic sets don't need to have >3000 parts, only function with an app and cost a fortune to be great.
In case you didn't see it the JP LEGO catalogue is online again: Link

6 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Very much appreciated.

Ah, the linked catalog has a better photo of the truck, and the mystery "piece" below the cabin door is actually just a series of liftarms with one dimension of 2, so no air tanks or similar there. Shame, but it still appears to be a great model by all accounts.

On 6/7/2021 at 1:48 PM, Jundis said:

I just watched a video of a youtuber, and in his pic at 1:45 you can see small gaps. It looks like these are just stacked 2 stud liftarms or 2x4 L-shaped liftarms.

;-)

Hands down, best model of the wave.

34 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Thanks!

Just now, it is a bummer: First technic page are small models, which are quite nice. Second and third page only two non-licensed models, the rest are just IP-models with no B-Models.... :-/

Also looking at the catalogue: The grey backround is just depressing, the design just lazy and not inspirational at all. Just imagine it through the eyes of a kid in their early teens: There is no magic, no spark to ignite the flame of wanting these sets.... put them into a dirt backround into a quarry or on a road...

On a side note: Is the 42114 Volvo already phased out?

2 hours ago, R0Sch said:

I think the tow truck will be the highlight from the summer wave. An all manual, stuffed with functions, medium budget set with very cool parts... Technic sets don't need to have >3000 parts, only function with an app and cost a fortune to be great.

This! I want to budget in a model that I can use with what already have, not expel the whole budget.

6 hours ago, Jundis said:

Is the 42114 Volvo already phased out?

From the looks of it yes, but I have a suspicion that TLG have removed pages, as the new star wars sets are missing, so maybe something is it is in a page with some of the sets they do not want to show yet perhaps?

Looks cool, but unfortunately this set has the Three Strikes:

• String
  • Stickers
  • Pneumatic Tubing

Three Strikes. It's out.

EDIT: It does rock, though. :thumbup:

Edited by Maaboo35

5 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

It's sad because no more additional motorised pumping upgrade

Time 2 pump it up the 'ol way :laugh:

The dude at the last photo looks like he has no idea wtf he doing hahah

The inside looks surprisingly monochrome, are we finally getting back on track?! Would've considered it at a discount if it had a motorised pump like 42008 (which I have and adore), otherwise great to see more functional Technic!

This is the best set so far imo. Unfortunately no mini cylinders but this set is packed with functions. The crane rotates as well, which is new for official LEGO tow trucks I believe. 

I rate this set very highly and it's an absolute must-buy for me on day 1. To me this set is 42043 on a smaller scale.

42043 has:

- 3 motorized functions
- 4 pneumatic functions
- HOG steering
- Fake engine
- Tilting cabin
- Suspensions

42128 has
- 4 manual functions
- 3 pneumatic functions
- HOG steering
- Fake engine
- Tilting hood (unconfirmed but very likely)
- Dual winches

Not bad, not bad at all!!

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

This reminds me of the very fond memories from my childhood with 8868:

411-3354_3.jpg

Specifically those pneumatic hoses routed through the turntable. A definite buy for me as soon as it's available through my local retailers.

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

Now that's a proper hardcore Technic set down to the plastic core!

+1 
We definitely needed a set like this! :thumbup:

She will be mine. Oh yes, she will be mine :grin:

Edited by allanp

12 minutes ago, jorgeopesi said:

It seems to be the best set of this year IMO.

It is. At least, I think it will be, because I can’t comment at the moment :wink: :tongue: 

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Looks cool, but unfortunately this set has the Three Strikes:

• String
  • Stickers
  • Pneumatic Tubing

Three Strikes. It's out.

Maybe you will find a review without stickers and it’s only two strikes. Time will tell.