The only slightly poopy thing I can think of about this set is that one of the rear axles isn't also steered. Other than that, I dare say I might get this one in a year or so

Looks like there's 2 of the 1x11 cylinders, as the rear arm looks to be unfolded with a thin cylinder, not a thick one. Day one buy for me, can't wait!

25 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

The only slightly poopy thing I can think of about this set is that one of the rear axles isn't also steered. Other than that, I dare say I might get this one in a year or so

American trucks usually don't have a steering feature at the rear axles: the simplest construction = the best durability. They just lift the axles in tights turns.
The only possible option if the middle lift axles are self-steered (self-aligned, also called as  "shopping trolley wheels") at a very slight angle. But I don't think TLG made it here.

Does anyone recognise that large grey box piece located in the fuel tank? I don't know what it is. As this set comes with a manual pump.....like @Touc4nxsaid, could it be an air tank? It looks a little small for that sure but it would most likely come with one for each side. Being square sided would also give it more internal volume than a cylindrical tank of the same dimensions.

Edited by allanp

The thing that bothers me on the grey box is that it appears to have a hole in it :
400x200.png
But to my knowledge, no parts that have a similar look already exists…
It's not a tile, as there is the rounded sides.
It's not a stack of beams, as the space between would be visible.
If it's not a new part, it's imho a stack of half beams https://rebrickable.com/parts/41677/technic-beam-1-x-2-thin/

And an other point, the set probably contains a 13L alternating beam :

The red line is 5 stud long, and the orange one 3 stud, so by symmetry, the beam is 13L (5 x 2 + 3 = 13)
Capture%20d%E2%80%99%C3%A9cran%202021-06

23 minutes ago, Touc4nx said:

And an other point, the set probably contains a 13L alternating beam

It's 11L. The lifting arm only connects to that lift arm at 1 hole in the middle.

I have no idea how TLG have ended with this cool model and, at the same time, screwing it that much with the Zetros. 

It is a bit sad, because I was almost decided to buy Zetros. But as new facts appeared, I, bit by bit, tend to change my mind and going to buy this set and couple of tires from Zetros...

I think we are getting new alternating beams 640x360.jpg

The front square is how a frame looks side on when horizontal for the rear image to be a frame it must be vertical but you can see that its not. so probably an 11 and a 9 looking at the space and where its round at the end.

1 hour ago, Cardboy said:

The front square is how a frame looks side on when horizontal

Maybe it's not an alternating beam but a 5x7 frame in black

14 minutes ago, Rebel_Lego said:

Maybe it's not an alternating beam but a 5x7 frame in black

Its not a frame if you look at the brick link image it is  smooth around the sides and that pattern can only be seen on the top and as its flush with the orange panel it cant be a frame.

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=64179&name=Technic, Liftarm, Modified Frame Thick 5 x 7 Open Center&category=[Technic, Liftarm]#T=C

https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=39794&name=Technic, Liftarm, Modified Frame Thick 7 x 11 Open Center&category=[Technic, Liftarm]#T=C

3 minutes ago, Cardboy said:

Its not a frame if you look at the brick link image it is  smooth around the sides and that pattern can only be seen on the top and as its flush with the orange panel it cant be a frame.

They're talking about the one in the front, not the rear

1 minute ago, Bartybum said:

They're talking about the one in the front, not the rear

Ah Sorry, yes I know that's a frame. I was using to illustrate that's what a frame should look like. I think the rear section has 2 alternating beams the gears being used as functions throw too much shadow to be 100%

Alternating beams are smooth on two sides and indented on the other two so its abyones guess regarding the one under the door.

Edited by SNIPE

5 hours ago, Bartybum said:

If the last axle is steerable it would mean a lot of skidding on the second axle. I don't think these types of american trucks with triple rear axles have that option. European trucks this  size often have dual wheels both in front and back with both front pairs steerable. Don't think I've ever seen a truck here with a single pair of front wheels and triple rear wheels

Eidt : I've seen massive australian trucks for coal hauling trains, how are those configured?

Edited by 1974

2 minutes ago, 1974 said:

If the last axle is steerable it would mean a lot of skidding on the second axle. I don't think these types of american trucks with triple rear axles have that option. European trucks this  size often have dual wheels both in front and back with both front pairs steerable. Don't think I've ever seen a truck here with a single pair of front wheels and triple rear wheels

Why so? Beastly 2019 Kenworth T800 Twin Steer - YouTube

2 minutes ago, 1974 said:

Why so what?

Auchh, did you have mean the EU trucks? Sorry then, I have missed it...

It's been 6 years since the introduction of the pneumatic V2, so it's time for the V2 air tank to come out.

Acroding to rebrickable, first airtank is came out after 8 years of first release of large pump.

I think any kind of suspension is unlikely on a set that has a lifting axle. I do expect a driveline. 2 rearmost axles, simple difs, probably a mini L6. We hardly ever see the large cylinder pieces any more.

2 hours ago, msk6003 said:

It's been 6 years since the introduction of the pneumatic V2, so it's time for the V2 air tank to come out.

Acroding to rebrickable, first airtank is came out after 8 years of first release of large pump.

I agree. I may make sense that this model incorporates an air tank. It might be difficult to play with to pump up at the same time than controlling the airflow, and an airtank would help. Also, it could be the grey piece under the door. 

So, this is for me a must-buy. It's kind of strange, since i was conviced to get the Zetros, but i think this one will come first (if the zetros comes at all at the end).

H. 

1 hour ago, HectorMB said:

(if the zetros comes at all at the end).

Right now I'd say it's the CAT that looks somewhat doubtful, especially given that 42128 here has pride of place in the Technic catalogue pages.