In a similar scale. The cars are about 1:21 scale, like a Car Trasporter, whereas this truck seems to be more to be in 1:22 scale, like Mack.

So, I would say "yes, it is", because it more "yes" than "no". :sweet:

19 minutes ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Is this supposed to be in scale with the smaller cars like Corvette, McLaren etc?

only when these cars would be 12 studs wide 15 studs/2600mm  to 12studs/2000mm

2 hours ago, Eaglefan344 said:

Is this supposed to be in scale with the smaller cars like Corvette, McLaren etc?

It's a heavy duty tow truck, so you should use it to tow other trucks like the Mack, which is also 15 studs wide - or the 42112 mixer, if you dont mind the discrepany between European and American design.

Yeah, that's why the Corvette fits better to 42098 than to 42078, even though it's still a bit too large.

13 hours ago, XTN said:

It's a heavy duty tow truck, so you should use it to tow other trucks like the Mack, which is also 15 studs wide - or the 42112 mixer, if you dont mind the discrepany between European and American design.

BTW, that would be great to check if it really able to lift and tow these trucks: 42112 mixer is more or less weight-distributed, while 42078 Mack is very front-heavy (due to very detailed design, ehh, I wish this tow truck was so detailed too), so I really would like to see it in the process.

28 minutes ago, Void_S said:

BTW, that would be great to check if it really able to lift and tow these trucks: 42112 mixer is more or less weight-distributed, while 42078 Mack is very front-heavy (due to very detailed design, ehh, I wish this tow truck was so detailed too), so I really would like to see it in the process.

If this heavy duty tow truck can actually lift and tow the 42078 Mack truck, it will be a value-adding factor for me, as I like to play with my Technic sets. Although metal hooks would have been preferred because these plastic ones look very weak. Otherwise good 42009 set has problem with lowering it's constructed plastic hook when there is no extra weight on it. Does anyone know why LEGO terminated the good old metal hooks from their assortment?

Edited by Interceptor

On 3/25/2021 at 12:53 PM, Interceptor said:

Although metal hooks would have been preferred because these plastic ones look very weak. Otherwise good 42009 set has problem with lowering it's constructed plastic hook when there is no extra weight on it.

I use this, made of common parts.
It's small, heavy enough to unroll by its own weight and the wire as well as the hook are centered.

https://i.imgur.com/a9DHZaF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GDSrx0X.jpg

21 minutes ago, XTN said:

I use this, made of common parts.
It's small, heavy enough to unroll by its own weight and the wire as well as the hook are centered.

https://i.imgur.com/a9DHZaF.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/GDSrx0X.jpg

Yes, this new string was introduced with 42070, and is much better than the old one used on 42009, so probably will work with the heavy duty truck. We'll see.

Just seen the pic of this and it's making me way more excited than the D11T. I have been waiting for a America rotator tow truck for a while. Looks like it has everything I want front and rear fold down outriggers, 2 winches, raise able axle and pneumatics. Just wish it was a Mack truck but should be easy to change. Cant wait for this one.

On 3/26/2021 at 12:27 PM, Interceptor said:

Yes, this new string was introduced with 42070, and is much better than the old one used on 42009, so probably will work with the heavy duty truck. We'll see.

have this I'm going to use in a crane build later this year.

1 hour ago, weavil said:

have this I'm going to use in a crane build later this year.

Braid for fishing rods is used with ceramic eyes for a reason as it cuts the chrome eyes.  As long as you had a pulley for each change of direction no lego should be harmed.  Sorry for the off topic post..

P.s. loving the trucks keep up the hard work. Matt

On 3/20/2021 at 9:54 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

This seems to be the real life inspiration.

Or maybe this:

century-1150-1.jpg

Wow, that looks extremely close to the "preview image" of he set!

• orange "body" with white upper "cover" and blue accent lines and tow cranes.
  • remarkable "Peterbilt" headlights mounted to the grill
  • sleeper "flat-top" cabin which is not so common among the tow trucks
  • huge exhaust pipes right behind the cabin (actually between the cabin and sleeper)
  • gray "warning-lights" bar
  • tridem rear axles with lift-pusher 1st axle.

Interesting that now "too wide" technic 49.5 wheels are perfectly replicate heavy-duty front tires (which are up to 1.5 wider than normal tires and able to carry impressive weights).

I think this image may just got a well-known red-squared logo in the top-left corner to be the 42128 set image :laugh:

Or maybe someone saw the Lego leaked image and decided to make a real truck version :laugh_hard:

Edited by mpj

30 minutes ago, mpj said:

Or maybe someone saw the Lego leaked image and decided to make a real truck version :laugh_hard:

Always these american copycats! xD

3 hours ago, Homersapien said:

European trucks don't breakdown :D

I'm glad to see a smiling tounge in cheek face with that comment. European trucks certainly don't break down but are very expensive to repair. Or just don't buy one built on a monday or friday.

On 5/9/2021 at 1:38 PM, Void_S said:

Wow, that looks extremely close to the "preview image" of he set!

• orange "body" with white upper "cover" and blue accent lines and tow cranes.
  • remarkable "Peterbilt" headlights mounted to the grill
  • sleeper "flat-top" cabin which is not so common among the tow trucks
  • huge exhaust pipes right behind the cabin (actually between the cabin and sleeper)
  • gray "warning-lights" bar
  • tridem rear axles with lift-pusher 1st axle.

Interesting that now "too wide" technic 49.5 wheels are perfectly replicate heavy-duty front tires (which are up to 1.5 wider than normal tires and able to carry impressive weights).

I think this image may just got a well-known red-squared logo in the top-left corner to be the 42128 set image :laugh:

To be honest, this hardly can be a coincidence...

Btw, this is the first time i follow these rumors closely, so just curious, when does TLG normally release official pictures?

10 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

European trucks certainly don't break down but are very expensive to repair.

Why would you want to repair them then? Seems to be the same with a Model 101 Terminator ... they run for a very long time ... without repair :pir_laugh2:

(And I have NO clue what trucks do and don't - I am into bicycles :pir-huzzah2:)

Best
Thorsten

2 hours ago, Rebel_Lego said:

when does TLG normally release official pictures?

A month or so before release with Technic sets. Could be more, could be less.