16 minutes ago, Touc4nx said:

It seems that the bottom part of the door is an orange beam with sticker on it, not two half beams…

The lowest beam in the door is a 7L full beam in orange

12 hours ago, howitzer said:

Indeed. Maybe now we'll get some sanity in their pricing, as currently they tend to cost like 30-40€/piece or more in Bricklink...

Perhaps now is the time to sell mine!

8 hours ago, SaperPL said:

Back when they did a lot of frame like models with just marking the edges and arcs with flexible parts it was different, but now when they make a model like this that is closed of in most of the places, when they make something like this right at the front, it feels unfinished/unpolished. I mean the connection between wheel arc panel and the curved/angled liftarm.

Yeah i see what you mean, the open fenders do look a bit out of place. But then again i always thought the same thing about the 8285, it is kind of fitting with Technic imho.

14 hours ago, Touc4nx said:

I was talking about the upper one, the blue and white half beam

maybe the upper and lower blue white stripe are stickers, but it fits with real parts, so why not?

2017 parts as leaked first is surely far away from realistic. My 42108 American Tow Truck alternate has 1172 parts in exactly the same scale - 15 studs wide, 11 studs wide cabin. The box says 1XXX parts, so we can expect a part count for this model in the range of 1300-1400. Will be nice to see the first comparison between both.

Edited by Timorzelorzworz

2 hours ago, Timorzelorzworz said:

2017 parts as leaked first is surely far away from realistic. My 42108 American Tow Truck alternate has 1172 parts in exactly the same scale - 15 studs wide, 11 studs wide cabin. The box says 1XXX parts, so we can expect a part count for this model in the range of 1300-1400. Will be nice to see the first comparison between both.

Possibly, the 2xxx part number was a fake/wrong one, or just contained a something to tow (like to was discussed here) but later was cancelled.

The truck looks great! Even though it may not have 2017 pieces, I still think the pneumatic parts justify the price.

I watch tow truck driver Ron Pratt on YT and this Set looks great. Simple technic with geared and pneu functions. No stupid license or expensive electronics, just good old technic. But the rear turret arm is too high!

Edited by Coolusername

After looking at the "leaked" photos, have to say it looks like a good set. The colors are a bit off putting. 

I'll definitely be getting it.

I'm currently working on a 3 axel mack with the rear section off 42008 grafted on. 

Took a bit of searching, but found it in the end.  Truck looks great, love the addition of some pneumatics, but now the crane looks too big in comparison to the scale of the truck.  Maybe it's just mounted high on the truck to allow for the lift on the back.  But with 42070 we had a big heavy duty truck with a piddly little crane, and now we have the reverse.

I'm ok with the colour scheme, I quite like the way the side outriggers fold into the body of the truck.  Try rear axle is a nice design.  Just wish Lego would take another look at their hook offering.  Those little plastic hooks could surely be improved on.

Besides the Tow Truck discussion, I wanted to raise an alternative question: does someone have any information about an alternative, the B-model?
So far, the leaked image shows only preliminary box design, which may have no traces on "2 in 1" logo just because of its preliminary nature.

Following the iconic "American Truck" idea of the set, I would love to see some Cabover American truck as well, for sure, with some working attachment. However, pneumatic cylinders and winches could be used in way more different model. :cry_happy:

Pneumatics, YAY!!! Of course I'll be getting this one. Only concern is the colour scheme. I have grown to like it but at first glance it was a bit ugly. Same thing with 42080. They seem to like putting pneumatics into weird looking sets.

As for the crane looking too big, it might be because it's a rotator, or it could be that they make it bigger on purpose to make it more obvious that it has a crane on the back to casual observers.

Very nice to see the new valves and 1x11 cylinders making a return, and the Arocs rack in blue is also good to see.

I'm also curious as to how the air pressure is built up. Can't see any manual pump anywhere.

1 hour ago, allanp said:

Can't see any manual pump anywhere.

My guess is that there will either be a compressor with a hand crank, or a compressor connected to the rear wheels that will produce air pressure when the model is rolled around.

"My guess is that there will either be a compressor with a hand crank, or a compressor connected to the rear wheels that will produce air pressure when the model is rolled around."

if so, then let's hope the air tank also makes a (very welcome) return.

1 hour ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

My guess is that there will either be a compressor with a hand crank, or a compressor connected to the rear wheels that will produce air pressure when the model is rolled around.

That makes sense, after the Mixer truck. But the tank is really required, otherwise we will have just set the valves positions and "let's roll it until the crane raises" :laugh:

(And Lego Ideas book 8889, pp38–41. Yes, I know that's not a set, but it was still a pretty cool chassis!)

In my opinion, a crank is more logical, because a tow truck doesn’t move when operating the crane and a cement mixer does move when operating the bucket, but that’s just my opinion :)

2 hours ago, msk6003 said:

Or maybe pump is hidden behind the cap.

I think this is most likely.