13 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

But then, even if this thing has three rear axles and supposedly one front axle, it's still a four-axle midscale truck, like 42112 or 42108. Neither of them has a part count close to 2000 parts.

An alternative model of 42108 in the form of an American style tow truck with three rear axles has a piece count of 1171

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-43434/timtimgo/42108-american-tow-truck-alternate-build/#details

42098 has 2493 parts, and was the same price, and 42112 ans 42108 were smaller than 42098, and cheaper.

Btw, maybe it is possible that Lego uses the Mack license again, since this truck is american style...

Edited by Rebel_Lego

19 hours ago, Rebel_Lego said:

42098 has 2493 parts, and was the same price, and 42112 ans 42108 were smaller than 42098, and cheaper.

Btw, maybe it is possible that Lego uses the Mack license again, since this truck is american style...

Well, it may a be a different brand - nowadays many European companies consumed the America truck vendors, so it could be (if licensed, for sure, not a generic truck):

• Mack (again). Granite may easily carry heavy equipment. Or... the Rubber Duck?
  • Volvo (they have a VNL models for US market but they are not "classic" ones; however the Anthem is not "classic" too)
  • Freightliner (Daimler AG)

Peterbilt/Kenworth (read: Paccar trucks) as far as I know don't have license deals with TLG.

18 hours ago, Technicallism said:

62.4x20 tyre was lastly used at 42079 on 2018.

For me, this set is going to be an evolved 42098, so this tyre would be too big.

But I'm only speculating...

2 hours ago, canuckster said:

Lego ideas Scania just achieved 10000 support, wonder if we'll see it this year. I mean this to me seems like a slam dunk to become a set.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/578cb75e-b72c-48a1-9686-ca35fd659d1b

Even if it happened to get past the review and become accepted as a set to be released, we won't be seeing it in the shelves this year. TLG designers are going to make their own version of it and generally development of a set takes at least a year, maybe two.

And no Technic build has ever been accepted into Ideas so I won't be holding my breath anyway...

On 1/16/2021 at 10:41 PM, chlego said:

For me, this set is going to be an evolved 42098, so this tyre would be too big.

But I'm only speculating...

I think it will be in the same line as 42078 & 42098 trucks. Both these sets have a high part count due to the trailer/cargo. Would be nice to have a tow truck in this scale as I believe 42008 is a bit small.

6 hours ago, Tazmancrash said:

I think it will be in the same line as 42078 & 42098 trucks. Both these sets have a high part count due to the trailer/cargo. Would be nice to have a tow truck in this scale as I believe 42008 is a bit small.

42008 was a kind of pre-49.5 trucks, as had smaller tires, but was amazing in scope of the functions (not so many sets had PF + Pneumatic functions) and was a great resource set.

I'm looking forward to to see it in the same scale, as I believe the model will come more detailed and with more detailed cargo...

The dumb hub just got available in the UK shop (at least, couldn't find it in the US one). I'm convinced we'll get it in this set.

Not sure if it is a "path" but it looks that all recent trucks with a 49.5 tires have a code ending with "8"...

42128... ?

11 minutes ago, mpj said:

Not sure if it is a "path" but it looks that all recent trucks with a 49.5 tires have a code ending with "8"...

42128... ?

Not sure if anyone remembers, but very first set in the midscale 49.5-tire line is actually not 42078...

lego-technic-42024-xe-cong-ten-no-2.jpg?

Yes I've recently purchased this one... I don't know why but I don't consider it as a recent set :blush:

2 hours ago, mpj said:

42128... ?

There are more sets with this tire, so it is not a guarantee to have set with this tire, but based on leaked parts could it is most likely to have this tire...

6 hours ago, I_Igor said:

There are more sets with this tire, so it is not a guarantee to have set with this tire, but based on leaked parts could it is most likely to have this tire...

Oh yes you are right :thumbup:

On 1/20/2021 at 2:07 PM, chlego said:

The dumb hub just got available in the UK shop (at least, couldn't find it in the US one). I'm convinced we'll get it in this set.

Isn’t €150 a bit cheap for a motorized set? I mean, 42098 was the same price and everything was manual control, and 42078 same thing.

But on the other hand, they had functions which require multiple motors, so maybe...

Edited by Rebel_Lego

Sorry for bumping the thread, but do we have some further milestone when some details may be revealed just a bit more?

So far, the release date is announced as August 2021 but I curious if some earlier events may happen...

Not sure if this is mentioned anywhere yet: this set also has color consistency problem with the yellow parts.

44 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Not sure if this is mentioned anywhere yet: this set also has color consistency problem with the yellow parts.

Is this just a guess? There aren't even promo pics out yet...

3 hours ago, Jundis said:

Is this just a guess? There aren't even promo pics out yet...

Oh shoot sorry I meant to post that in the 42121 thread...

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

4 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Regarding 42121, I wouldn't say it's as pronounced as it is in other sets. That said, I'd probably need to really see it under artificial light.

Anyway, 42128! Orange tow truck! Waiting for news...

Edited by Maaboo35
Wandering I

7 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Orange tow truck!.

I hope the cab looks even half as good as the one on Han's container truck :wub:

cst_truck_1.jpg

15 minutes ago, suffocation said:

I hope the cab looks even half as good as the one on Han's container truck :wub:

Apparently it's gonna be a longnose rig, so it probably won't resemble it much.

There are candies available 

Colors are white, orange and dark blue. Not sure If I like it.

But at least we get a three weeled rear axis and the long pneumatic actuator is back.

37 minutes ago, Frequenzberater said:

and the long pneumatic actuator is back.

to be exact, it is the 1x11