@suffocation

Sorry to be late to the party (as usual), but Andrew you have a point :thumbup:

I have confused RC with motorized functions...

Edited by I_Igor

On 1/6/2021 at 6:44 PM, Ngoc Nguyen said:

I don't think this set will have any motorized function. 42108 can squeeze a battery box and motorized functions because it uses the old multi-function gearbox. There are two switches for four functions.

There's plenty of room on a 42008-scale truck for eight two-way switches :classic:

48 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

Unpossible!

Wow *oh2* you too use Google autocorrect and invented new word (it should be impossible :wink:).

I saw few years ago that kind of solution (8 functions from m-motor through gearbox in very small space) but did not have a chance to rebuild and test it since @sirslayer gave me and idea to make fully RC my Fastrac (and from that time I have dozens unused driving rings etc...)

Edited by I_Igor

On 1/6/2021 at 10:16 PM, TinkerBrick said:

Regarding the price I would suspect something like the 42008 Service truck.

https://brickset.com/sets/42008-1/Service-Truck

42008-1.jpg?201302041040

Considering the „Price per function“ ratio and its evolution within the last few years - it would certainly not include a motor or pneumatics. Can‘t have both - to expensive in the making.

something like this, but better for 2021 would be cool, and no pnumatics! linear actuators and other mechanical mechanisms please!

Edited by SNIPE

9 hours ago, SNIPE said:

no pnumatics! linear actuators and other mechanical mechanisms please!

aw why not? TLG seems to have a hate boner for pneumatics :cry_sad:

There's been tons of sets with linear actuators recently, I'm really hoping for a set with lots of pneumatics for a change.

11 hours ago, Bartybum said:

aw why not? TLG seems to have a hate boner for pneumatics :cry_sad:

because the diagrams for where each tube goes is always like a ball of spaghetti

And they are unreliable and a pain to attach the hoses and a waste of space.

2 hours ago, SNIPE said:

And they are unreliable and a pain to attach the hoses and a waste of space.

bro what kinda pneumatics have you been playing with lol. i can’t relate

42098 -2400+pcs including blue car to be transported... 

Maybe, this Tow truck 2000+pcs has a vehicle to be Towed.. ?

Just now, Dylan M said:

42098 -2400+pcs including blue car to be transported... 

Maybe, this Tow truck 2000+pcs has a vehicle to be Towed.. ?

I was about to say so as well.

Given it's probably a $250AUD set, I reckon there's a good to fair chance that it'll both be motorised and come with an extra vehicle to tow. This is all assuming that it's gonna be in the Anthem and cement mixer scale.

With 2017 pieces, this thing is amost certain to come with a second vehicle. None of the Technic tow trucks so far has that many pieces. Even the biggest one so far, 42070, only gas 1700+ pieces.

From general 2021 set topic:

29 minutes ago, Conchas said:

42128 - American Tow Truck
Heavy Duty Tow Truck (American Style)
August
2017 elements
582 x 378 x 118 mm
11+
Rainbow color schema... Orange, White, Blue, LBG with yellow on the pneumatic elements... / Horrible IMHO
Includes outriggers apparently with mini linear actuators; Triple rear axis 

• Likely it still will be a kind of 8285 set (but the wheels size is unknown) rather 42008. Or timtimgo's 42108 alternate.
  • The color scheme reminds a bit the recent 42112 mixer with multi-colored body. Plus, the carne arms in different color (orange?)
  • The pneumatic! (however it may have some PF/PU things too)
  • Tridem-rear usually means a tow crane with a huge lifting capacity, however this wheels set (1+3) is less popular among the rotators.
  • The dimensions in studs are: 73 x 48 x 15. That makes it very close to current 49.5-wheeled trucks.

So, I assume, it is classic American truck with a lot of stickers (to support the color scheme), possibly liftable second axle and straight crane/tow arm.

30fee27c766302a5701c374faefca042.jpg

(well, it has an extra axle actually...)

Added:

As for me, it looks like an instant buy!

Edited by Void_S

For the piece count and the size, it should have plenty of functions and good playability. I think it should be powered up compatible as well; but you'll probably have to buy the motors/hubs separately.

If this set had 62.4 mm tires it would be really nice, but they will probably continue the current trend and use 49.5 mm tires. If it has pneumatics and no motors, does that mean a return of the manual pump from 42053?

But then, even if this thing has three rear axles and supposedly one front axle, it's still a four-axle midscale truck, like 42112 or 42108. Neither of them has a part count close to 2000 parts.

An alternative model of 42108 in the form of an American style tow truck with three rear axles has a piece count of 1171

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-43434/timtimgo/42108-american-tow-truck-alternate-build/#details

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

2 hours ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

But then, even if this thing has three rear axles and supposedly one front axle, it's still a four-axle midscale truck, like 42112 or 42108. Neither of them has a part count close to 2000 parts.

An alternative model of 42108 in the form of an American style tow truck with three rear axles has a piece count of 1171

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-43434/timtimgo/42108-american-tow-truck-alternate-build/#details

The other 1,000 pieces for the truck it tows? 
orange / white worked on the heavy lift helo, maybe blue is second vehicle. Doesn’t make sense for heavy truck to tow a car.

27 minutes ago, KevinMD said:

Doesn’t make sense for heavy truck to tow a car.

Plausible because it would be waste of money (torque, power, fuel...)

6 hours ago, KevinMD said:

The other 1,000 pieces for the truck it tows? 
orange / white worked on the heavy lift helo, maybe blue is second vehicle. Doesn’t make sense for heavy truck to tow a car.

Yeah, but personally I would prefer to have a well-detailed tow truck with some less-detailed vehicle rather two trucks with the same parts counts.

However, if the "broken brother" will be a 4x2 (2 axles) prime mover (truck with cabin+frame+5th wheel only) it may greatly save the parts for the tow machine.