The released picture also shows a different colour between the grille and the other LBG parts, so maybe the ‘chromed’ 2x1 radiator of the Mack Anthem returns

2 hours ago, Rebel_Lego said:

The released picture also shows a different colour between the grille and the other LBG parts, so maybe the ‘chromed’ 2x1 radiator of the Mack Anthem returns

I believe it still Metallic Silver (or, less, probably), Flat Silver. TLG has already stopped using the chromed parts (in common), and the grill does not shine enough to be chromed.

1 hour ago, Void_S said:

I believe it still Metallic Silver (or, less, probably), Flat Silver. TLG has already stopped using the chromed parts (in common), and the grill does not shine enough to be chromed.

Yeah I meant that but I forgot the actual name. That’s why I wrote: ‘chromed’

Edited by Rebel_Lego

10 hours ago, Jundis said:

I just watched a video of a youtuber, and in his pic at 1:45 you can see small gaps. It looks like these are just stacked 2 stud liftarms or 2x4 L-shaped liftarms.

I haven't seen that video, but after looking closely at the image I too am convinced that it is just a bunch of standard parts put together, with the cracks between parts just being "left out" of the picture. The shape is just too odd to be a new part, in my opinion. I'd be happy to be proved wrong, though!

3 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

I haven't seen that video, but after looking closely at the image I too am convinced that it is just a bunch of standard parts put together, with the cracks between parts just being "left out" of the picture. The shape is just too odd to be a new part, in my opinion. I'd be happy to be proved wrong, though!

Than I hope we can get V2 airtank after 2 more year.

I'm no expert on air tanks but I would assume if it was an air tank it would be cylindrical for uniform pressure within the vessel? and comparing it to the old tank that wouldn't have much volume which would create more pressure than storage?

In general I don't think we will see another air tank as with out a pressure regulator I have been rebuilding the 8462 and I found that while the air tank does store more air to use the functions the first few uses after its at pressure are so fast that its hard to control.

Another bunch of my proposals and thoughts for this set. I want to highlight that they are my personal ideas and are not confirmed/debunked by TLG.

400x300.png

Pneumatic functions:

1. Front-left v2.0 (42080) switch: wheel lift folding/unfolding via the 11L "Arocs" thin cylinder
    I have colored this assembly in green at the picture below.
  2. Rear-left v2.0 (42080) switch: N/A, replaced with the orange 5L liftarm
  3. Front-right v2.0 (42080) switch: crane boom extension/retraction via the 11L "Arocs" thin cylinder
    I have colored this assembly in red at the picture below.
  4. Rear-right v2.0 (42080) switch: crane boom raising/lowering via the 11L thick cylinder
    I have colored this assembly in orange at the picture below.
  5. Manual pneumatic pump V2.0 (42053). We all have noticed it at the images and considering this set has only one thick (high-capacity) cylinder which is not supposed to be used under the high load, the direct pump-to-cylinder airflow may be enough to operate without any airs tanks in-between. However, I still dream about new tanks :blush:

400x300.png

Manual functions:

1. Central HOG knob over the cabin: steering via 9L rack and 12-teeth gear. Nice and simple.
  2. Front-left HOG knob (12-teeth gear): wheel lift raising/lowering via two small Linear Actuators
  3. Rear-left HOG knob (12-teeth gear): 2nd axle raising/lowering via two small Linear Actuators (one per each wheel, synchronized)
  4. Front-right HOG knob (12-teeth gear): outriggers raising/lowering via four small Linear Actuators (one per each outrigger, synchronized)
  5. Rear-right HOG knob (12-teeth gear): crane rotation via 20-teeth gear, so the crane can be rotated via the HOG or manually (no worm gears).
  6. HOG knobs at the crane boom (12-teeth gears): hook winches. Considering they are placed at the LBG axles, they should be controlled individually  (non-synchronized), otherwise we might get 14L LBG axle which is less likely.

[I'm sorry but internal gearing is nor ready yet]

New parts:

1. Seven new cross-holed 11L liftarms in Black (I have colored them in red to highlight).

400x300.png

Uhhh, can't believe I did it... It even made me to create custom parts for new manual pump and switches in Studio...

Edited by Void_S

I remember but I tried to use only known things to make the "guess" prototype. It is not a modification or improvement for this set, only an attempt to combines the visible part (from public-accessible images) and possible things are hidden inside.
I don't think that possibly slightly different airhose routing inside is a modification. Isn't it?

13 minutes ago, Void_S said:

I remember but I tried to use only known things to make the "guess" prototype. It is not a modification or improvement for this set, only an attempt to combines the visible part (from public-accessible images) and possible things are hidden inside.
I don't think that possibly slightly different airhose routing inside is a modification. Isn't it?

Even so, given the fact that this likely doesn't reflect the actual model, I'd continue it in the other topic. We probably need to get a moderator in on this, but that's how I'd do it.

Without a pneumatics tank a bit less exciting, though hopefully this set will drive down the prices for the pistons and switches on BL, as it is cannot justify buying it due to colourscheme and the general shaping (thanks Void_S for the renders!). Also no B-model, so half the value (not to mention, the predecessor 42008 had one on top of a motorised compressor+distrubution gearbox!!!). Even an alternative build that'd keep the crane but had an EU-style cabin and two steerable front axles would've been nice. 

For someone who has crossed into the dark side, I'd need for the set to have a hefty (-40 or -50%) discount to consider it :laugh:. Or maybe 42008's playability has left a huge impact on me.

@Maaboo35 I'd say the renders belong here, as they have no modifications, but guesses based on pictures that do reflect the actual model. AFAIK the MOD topic is dedicated to changes of parts that we can see but don't deem good enough.

Agree, let's hear the moderators' opinion. That is better rather to argue 

@Milan, @Jim, could you please let me know if the rendered images of my attempt to reverse-engineer the set are allowed to be posted here?
And if allowed, where they should be placed better - here, in the main topic or as a modification one?

Not that it's my place to make demands, but for the sake of harmony I think some people could stop mini-modding :tongue: If it improves discussion then hey

Edited by Bartybum

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

Not that it's my place to make demands, but for the sake of harmony I think some people could stop mini-modding :tongue: If it improves discussion then hey

I think it'll help the topic be more concise at least.

9 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

I think it'll help the topic be more concise at least.

I don’t think it matters in the slightest but that’s just me

@Void_S  Good job on the renders! It isn't easy to reverse engineer a model exterior from a few pictures (I know its hard because I have been doing that for years). 

Are you going to try and fill the insides as well? 

P.S, The 11L alternating beam also appears at the front part behind the mudguards, on the rear above the last wheel (two are holding the 16T gears for the mini LA's) and perhaps another one under the cabin (on the 4th hole of the 1 x 5 double thin beam step).  

Edited by shimon

4 hours ago, shimon said:

@Void_S  Good job on the renders! It isn't easy to reverse engineer a model exterior from a few pictures (I know its hard because I have been doing that for years). 

Are you going to try and fill the insides as well? 

P.S, The 11L alternating beam also appears at the front part behind the mudguards, on the rear above the last wheel (two are holding the 16T gears for the mini LA's) and perhaps another one under the cabin (on the 4th hole of the 1 x 5 double thin beam step).  

Thank you! I was highly expecting anew news about this set for the earliest days, so it was a "must to do" challenge for me :classic:

Yes, I'm also trying to make the internal things. It is was harder than the exterior and and may appear so different to the real set.
As for the 11L alternating beams I proposed just black 11*9 frames but will also check if the liftarms may work better. Thank you for the hint!

13 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Thank you! I was highly expecting anew news about this set for the earliest days, so it was a "must to do" challenge for me :classic:

Yes, I'm also trying to make the internal things. It is was harder than the exterior and and may appear so different to the real set.
As for the 11L alternating beams I proposed just black 11*9 frames but will also check if the liftarms may work better. Thank you for the hint!

I had the exact same thought, I have made a post on my reverse engineering attempt which I unfortunately couldn't finish due to lack of parts and lack of the 11L alternating beams.

Also, I don't think that the hood uses 7 x 11 frame because it will interfere with the engine. 

Moderator here :sweet:

I am not entirely sure what to do LoL. Since it's a reverse-engineering attempt, it's not really a mod. Let's keep it here for the time being, but please be careful not turning the topic into an entire "possible reverse engineering variants".

Jim, thank you for visiting us!

I assume that the border should be "we're guessing and making the proposals basing in the public-available information but keeping them as close as possible to available images and photos, and avoiding very personal opinions".

That's why I will not work on the internals, like engine, possibility (?) of air tanks, nor gearing and driveshafts inside. Unless I will be able to justify them pointing the people to the public-available pictures.

Edited by Void_S

Sariel has posted on YouTube that the embargo date for this set is July 17, so we can now set a date to get concrete information on this set!

54 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

Sariel has posted on YouTube that the embargo date for this set is July 17, so we can now set a date to get concrete information on this set!

In which video did he say that? 

32 minutes ago, -_-Husky-_- said:

In which video did he say that? 

I think it was from a Facebook post.