19 minutes ago, efferman said:

but the crane is much to high

Sounds like the modification idea #1: put the crane lower. :classic:

Edited by Void_S

4 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Sounds like the modification idea #1: put the crane lower. :classic:

There are transmissions and tubes for 6 functions under the crane, so your idea will be quite hard.

Who's says people are never happy!!! One leaked pic and already tlg have got it wrong... :ugh:  Here we go again! Groundhog day...:roflmao: 

5 minutes ago, Ngoc Nguyen said:

so your idea will be quite hard.

not really. only the tower has to be lower.

If the crane is so high it could be a rotator. This would explain those side stabilizers. I also noted a 3rd pneumatic function in the wheellift

1 minute ago, Frodman said:

If the crane is so high it could be a rotator. This would explain those side stabilizers. I also noted a 3rd pneumatic function in the wheellift

I think I can see a turntable under the crane.

2 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

One leaked pic and already tlg have got it wrong

iam never satisfied, even with my own models

5 minutes ago, TeamThrifty said:

Who's says people are never happy!!! One leaked pic and already tlg have got it wrong... :ugh:  Here we go again! Groundhog day...:roflmao: 

Hey, I think this rig looks quite snazzy.

Going by the commentary here, it appears I'll have to buy it, nevermind the ugly colour scheme. Pneumatics alone gets me interested, more so with the 1x11 cylinders, and the wheel lift would be great new function in a Technic model. I have never owned a Technic tow truck either so it would be first for me.

Mmmmm looks nice, even if it’s not for me. It looks like it’s packed dense with functions which is nice :grin:

The set would be perfect, if it had air tanks!

Why did Lego drop the part?

Edited by Parazels

The best point is that this tow truck has long thin pneumo cylinder, like 42043 had.

3 minutes ago, Aleh said:

The best point is that this tow truck has long thin pneumo cylinder, like 42043 had.

Indeed. Maybe now we'll get some sanity in their pricing, as currently they tend to cost like 30-40€/piece or more in Bricklink...

6 minutes ago, efferman said:

new step in rebrick

Just try not to post the .io file after you are done avoiding to feed the copycats from CN.

47 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

try not to post the .io file

the file will surely not going public.

edit:

51058496117_fec6e69872_c.jpg

Edited by efferman

So far the functions I have managed to detect are:

- Manual: dual winches.

- Manual: side outriggers, driven by mini LAs.

- Pneumatic: crane raising.

- Pneumatic: crane extension.

- Pneumatic: something in the rear fork. Given that pneumatic cylinders don't hold their positions well, my guess is that it's the tow forklift.

- Liftable second axle. I'm not sure if this one is pneumatic or manual.

The following features are not visible and are only my guesses:

- Second function of the fork. In this case it's raising the tow arm.

- Manual pump or compressor. Since the 42053 pump takes up space, but it's nowhere to be seen, I think the model has a compressor and a hand crank.

- Rear outriggers. There seems to be something behind the last wheel. Or maybe the rear and side outriggers are all connected.

- On the visible side there is one valve handle next to the outrigger and two knobs. If the design is mirrored the other side should have the same set up. That means there are 2 valves and 4 knobs. However there seems to be 3 pneumatic functions. That means one of the knob is connected to the 3rd valve. My guess is that the remaining knobs will be connected to the compressor, the tow arm, and the lift axle. 

Edited by Ngoc Nguyen

There is also the raisable second axle, that will likely be controlled by a knob
And it seems that 7L half beam is back in blue. (On the hood)

Looks interesting, but what bugs me is that for a $149 set, they could've try to plug the holes in the front fenders/wheel arches. Is it just me overestimating the scale of it or is lego taking more and more shortcuts even with their "flagship" sets. Like no diff in Senna?

6 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

Looks interesting, but what bugs me is that for a $149 set, they could've try to plug the holes in the front fenders/wheel arches. Is it just me overestimating the scale of it or is lego taking more and more shortcuts even with their "flagship" sets. Like no diff in Senna?

Holes?! in a technic set? Outrageous! 

1 minute ago, jshuiting said:

Holes?! in a technic set? Outrageous! 

Back when they did a lot of frame like models with just marking the edges and arcs with flexible parts it was different, but now when they make a model like this that is closed of in most of the places, when they make something like this right at the front, it feels unfinished/unpolished. I mean the connection between wheel arc panel and the curved/angled liftarm.

5 hours ago, efferman said:

"picture"

It seems that the bottom part of the door is an orange beam with sticker on it, not two half beams…