2 hours ago, thekoRngear said:

Boy, now the Lepin Store looks strikingly similar to Lego site ?

That's the truth. Unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, thekoRngear said:

Boy, now the Lepin Store looks strikingly similar to Lego site ?

You do know that is just a random Online shop that has LEPIN in its name but of course no connection to the LEPIN Brand at all. LEPIN is dead.anyways.

Edited by Gray Gear

9 hours ago, astyanax said:

It has trans-red engine cylinders?! Oh boy, time to pour some bleach into my eyes.....

I saw that too and was wondering if one can add some micro lights and have them fire every other revolution ... That would be real slick. In fact, a while back, many Lego engine blocks were made in trans-clear.

Not to digress too much ... but here we are, some of us 'annoyed' by these cheap/not-so-legal replicas/imitations yet I wonder, I'm sure China has its own AFOL community (unless they're all doing the DJI Robomasters, ipo Lego FLL). What is their opinion/perspective? Are they annoyed as we are, they like it because it makes the hobby affordable, proud of a national product, couldn't care less, there is justified demand for this, a mixed bag of sorts? Do we have any world citizens from that part of the planet in this forum/community ... or do they have a chinabricks.cn 'sister' site?

Yes, I'm way off-topic.

Edited by DrJB

5 hours ago, DrJB said:

I saw that too and was wondering if one can add some micro lights and have them fire every other revolution ... That would be real slick. In fact, a while back, many Lego engine blocks were made in trans-clear.

Not to digress too much ... but here we are, some of us 'annoyed' by these cheap/not-so-legal replicas/imitations yet I wonder, I'm sure China has its own AFOL community (unless they're all doing the DJI Robomasters, ipo Lego FLL). What is their opinion/perspective? Are they annoyed as we are, they like it because it makes the hobby affordable, proud of a national product, couldn't care less, there is justified demand for this, a mixed bag of sorts? Do we have any world citizens from that part of the planet in this forum/community ... or do they have a chinabricks.cn 'sister' site?

Yes, I'm way off-topic.

They do have such a thing, see here (open in Chrome Desktop browser and translate): https://tieba.baidu.com/p/6854900351

• There is often the comment that it's a stolen MOC, and praise when it's a licensed MOC. However I don't get the feeling that anyone is basing purchasing decisions on that.
  • There is a lot of pride in designs from domestic MOCers such as Kevin Moo.
  • There doesn't seem to be any loyalty to Lego, although that may just be because it's an off-brand forum, idk.

Lego is even expensive to us as Westerners. If you can buy an equivalent knock-off product in China for something like quarter the price also without international shipping, it's definitely going to be tempting.