Hi All, my first post here so forgive me if this is not the right spot for it. I stumbled across a photo of this red technic supercar which I think is obviously intended to be a model of a ferrari. At first I thought it may be a modified version of Brunojj1's spectacular MOC but quickly realized by the use of the molded mud guards and other panels that it is different. I have tried (unsuccessfully) to find out who the MOC designer is because I would like to purchase build instructions if they are available. Wondering if anyone here has any information on this car. My assumption is that this may be a knockoff brand since I don't think some of these panels are available in red yet from Lego although I could be wrong.  

red super car.jpg

Very intresting, those red curved wheel aches look great, I would like to have some of those for myself :grin:

The headlights also look like a special piece.

After a quick reverse-image search: K-BOX 10304 - ferrari 458. I don't know if it is a rip-off of a MOC hence no shop links

More images:

Spoiler

Ha0649d39ec6b4e7f8a21e1e9de4ce414Y.jpg?w

H2045037275f345798a31fef79cf163c3H.jpg?w

H518e27c60b8e43e8aa771443ec82f9b4n.jpg?w

Edited by syclone

It’s a Chinese set, looks like an original design. I see a few things that were inspired by the Cada C61042W by Brunojj1, but nothing else looks similar. 

15 minutes ago, syclone said:

After a quick reverse-image search: K-BOX 10304 - ferrari 458. I don't know if it is a rip-off of a MOC hence no shop links

More images:

Reveal hidden contents

Ha0649d39ec6b4e7f8a21e1e9de4ce414Y.jpg?w

H2045037275f345798a31fef79cf163c3H.jpg?w

H518e27c60b8e43e8aa771443ec82f9b4n.jpg?w

Thanks for the reply. I never think to do the reverse image lookup so I appreciate you taking the time. 

10 minutes ago, LvdH said:

It’s a Chinese set, looks like an original design. I see a few things that were inspired by the Cada C61042W by Brunojj1, but nothing else looks similar. 

I am assuming these Chinese knock offs are pretty poor quality. I wonder if it might be worth it to purchase the knock off set to get some of the panels and then substitute all the the rest of the pieces with genuine lego parts. 

This is no doubt a blatant ripp-off of my current model at least in some major parts. To fit the big wheel arches they needed to shorten the door, but otherwise it´s almost the same as on my car. My doors consist of 170+ parts, 46 steps devoted in the instructions. Then they imitated the box cover from CaDA#61042 for whatever reason, especially the black and white stripes which I can´t detect on the car btw. The seats look like ripp-offs from the Sian. 

I´m curious about the chassis underneatch the shiny shell. Wouldn´t be surprised to discover some nasty things there too...

EDIT: I don´t really care too much about this happening. The car looks nice in some way, honestly :wink:

Edited by brunojj1

23 minutes ago, brunojj1 said:

This is no doubt a blatant ripp-off of my current model at least in some major parts.

I am not so sure about that, as far as I can see at least the front is made completely different.

No doubt they are trying to snatch some of your sales from your CADA 488, but to me it does not look like they were stealing your design. Probably the same thing Mould King tried to pull by launching a Lamborghini Sian of their own to get some of the Sales from the LEGO Sian. It is the same car in the same color, so of course they look pretty similar.

The curved wheel arches help a lot to give the car a very smooth look, but otherwise the your design is probably superior. I have seen this for the same Price as your 488, but no mention of RC or any other functions. I don't think you need to worry :wink:

Edited by Gray Gear

To be fair I wasn't really trying to talk about Bruno's knockoffs specifically since I know that can quickly run afoul of forum rules. I was hoping it was a MOC that I could buy instructions and build with real lego parts. If I'm not mistaken that CADA set is actually the official (for lack of a better term) version of Bruno's design even though it is not genuine Lego brand. 

3 hours ago, DrJB said:

Thoughts ?

That is not a knock-off, just the CADA set that was made in corporation with Bruno...

23 minutes ago, nicjasno said:

No, it’s a different car. This is modeled after a Ferrari 458 and the Cada one is modeled after a Ferrari 488 Pista. 

4 minutes ago, LvdH said:

No, it’s a different car. This is modeled after a Ferrari 458 and the Cada one is modeled after a Ferrari 488 Pista. 

Oooh now things make sense. Thats why this one has a quite different looking Front and is missing the air inlet behind the door... Italian cars really arn't my speciality :grin:

12 hours ago, Gray Gear said:

That is not a knock-off, just the CADA set that was made in corporation with Bruno...

Are CADA sets made with authentic lego parts? ... Their prices are rather low.

Never mind, first time I come across such brand.

Edited by DrJB

2 minutes ago, DrJB said:

Are CADA sets made with authentic lego parts? ... Their prices are rather low.

They’re not a knockoff in the same way a Fiat is not a knockoff of a Mercedes. They’re a competitor to LEGO, not a ripoff company. Cada designs their own sets, or in this case licenses them from other people. No work is being stolen here.

Edited by LvdH

Thank you @LvdH - Still I find it 'odd' that the community is 'accepting' original designs, even though they're made with non-lego bricks. But, that's a totally different discussion ...

Edited by DrJB

49 minutes ago, DrJB said:

Still I find it 'odd' that the community is 'accepting' original designs, even though they're made with non-lego bricks. But, that's a totally different discussion ...

It is, and it's been done pretty hard in the corresponding thread.

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/180308-brunojj1s-mind-opener-red-supercar-free-instructions-now-available-for-static-version/

Edited by amorti

1 hour ago, thekoRngear said:

@LvdH it is different, no doubt. But boy, when looked from the side (the last pic, post by @syclone) it looks strikingly similar to @brunojj1 Italian Supercar

Except when you look at the details, and see the manu differences. The 488 and 458 are incredibly similar cars in real life as well, so that could explain some of the similarities. I’ll wait and see what it looks like beneath the panels to make a judgment though.