Sign in to follow this  
Shadows

Henry Jones Sr.

Henry is a good guy. He does his research, he doesn't cause too much trouble. He called the dog Indiana.

My point? None. :blush:

Here's his torso though. Now to be fair, he's easy to get in his official form. It's a $10 set. You've probably got 3 of him already. So why do him? Variations. Lose the Grail diary and think of the possibilities!

Wouldn't he be a great snake oil salesman in the Wild West, or maybe a mad inventor of some crazy contraption in your Steampunk scene? Maybe he could sell books in your town?

I sure think so, that's why I made all of these, ranging from the serious to the eccentric. You can make your own, too, and if you do, I hope you'll share them. It's a lot of fun, really.

jonessr.pngjonessr_bleys_red.png

jonessr_blues_red.pngjonessr_browns_yellow.png

jonessr_tans_red.pngjonessr_tan_greens.png

jonessr_purples.png

He's purple! He's crazy! Looks pretty good though. Go figure. :wink:

Brilliant color choices, I can see these having many great uses.

Maybe enlarge the bowtie a bit and color it orange, and you'd have yourself a decent Wonka I should think! :laugh:

Well done.

~Amanda

Brilliant color choices, I can see these having many great uses.

Maybe enlarge the bowtie a bit and color it orange, and you'd have yourself a decent Wonka I should think! :laugh:

Well done.

~Amanda

You forgot some yellow polka dots on the bowtie :tongue: I really like these, they are incredible!

How about this one? :sweet:

hjj_bs.png

Simple, but one you did not do, thinking it would be good for some Mafia Customs! :grin:

Faramir

"You forgot some yellow polka dots on the bowtie"

That I did! I feel so ashamed now. :tongue:

That black version looks nice, Faramir. Very true that it would be useful for a LEGO Mafia.

~Amanda

A very fine work, I especially like that blue one! :sweet:

Yay! Suits for every occassion, for a very busy Sean Connery! :thumbup:

I really like all of them, but that Wonka one looks very, VERY good. :classic:

Orange tie with yellow polka dots. Ok, since you all asked, I google imaged it up and it seems as if he shouldn't have a vest, though I think it looks a lot better with than without. Depending on the shot, the shirt sometimes looks like it's reflective gold, and others look ruffled. I just went with a light yellow, which is close to what they both look like.

The look isn't strictly movie or poster accurate, but clearly, the jacket came out of his closet and the rest of the outfit is just one of the many random things he might wear. It fits his personality, that much is for certain.

This is exactly the kind of thing you wear when walking along chocolate streams and having contract negotiations with oompaloompas, I'm sure.

jonessr_purples_wonka.png

Mafia customs? Interesting, and a nice black version, Faramir!

It's a challenge because you have to replace the border without making it too obvious. I experienced this with the Sr. Palomar decal, so I applied the same method here. I use the official LEGO black as the accent, because in reality, LEGO part black is basically pure black, but the decal black is lighter, so it gives it the look of having a slightly reflective silk edge, which is perfect in this case. I came up with this:

jonessr_black.png

He'd be a good old English butler as well. :sweet:

Whether touring chocolate factories or making offers that can't be refused, we really need a "make your own custom minifig and put it in a vignette" contest sometime.

Until then, enjoy!

Dang! That new Wonka suite is lookin' sharp! :classic:

I created my own, much more simple decal of Wonka a long while back, in hopes of making the complete fig. But like so many things, I never got around to it.

If I ever do whip up the fig (When I find purple spray paint for the hat, and my waterslide decal paper), could I have permission to use this fine decal?

Beautiful job on these all!

~Amanda

If I ever do whip up the fig (When I find purple spray paint for the hat, and my waterslide decal paper), could I have permission to use this fine decal?

Anything I make is available for personal use. I'd love to see that one in action. :sweet:

I pretty much don't care what happens as long as no one sells/takes credit for them. You know how that goes. :sceptic: