Fenghuang0296

Factions Ep. 7 - Cat A [J12 - Atrisia - CFS] No Holding Back

*Your entry has earned 3 XP*

No Holding Back

Astrid Speccroix’ Logs #4

No Holding Back #1

“On behalf of the Babylonian administration of Atirisia, I hereby publicly condemn the recent actions of the Imperial Remnant known as the Triumvirate,” The words of Trairellas Tyfun, Architect-Queen of Atirisia, were clear across the airwaves

“Their actions are deplorable and disgusting and have no place in this galaxy, and New Babylon will do everything in its power to oppose the agendas of these monsters,”

Polite applause echoed as Lady Tyfun stepped down from the podium, finding Astrid waiting with her bodyguard, Kite.

“. . Is that it?” Astrid asked.

No Holding Back #2

“What do you mean?”

“No troops, no military mobilisation? Just ‘I think this is bad’? I thought you said you were going to help!”

Tyfun pursed her lips and chose her words carefully. “I understand what you’re going through, but I can’t leave our planet undefended. That would make us vulnerable to an incursion of our own,”

The Sky’tri looked like she was about to scream, but - to both women’s surprise - the Mandalorian between them raised a hand. “Lady Tyfun, if I may?”

“Of course,” the ruler said with a slight frown.

No Holding Back #3

“Decades ago, Mandalore suffered a similar incursion. At the time, the Empire was strong. Unappeasable. We had no hope, and we fled. I was only a child at the time, and I recovered this armour from my father’s remains,” Kite turned to Astrid, grimacing behind her helmet. “I know you’d rather not hear it, but I think I know a little of what you’re going through, and what may yet be in store for your people,”

“My people aren’t warriors. We’re not . . Mandalorians,” Astrid replied, her voice empty. “They’ll break under Imperial subjugation,”

“I know. But we still have a chance to stop that,” Kite turned to her liegelady. “Ma’am . . Trairellas,” Her eyes widened imperceptibly at being addressed by name by her bodyguard. That was a rare occasion indeed. “I won’t stand by and watch as Skye becomes the next Mandalore. I’m going to do what I can, and I hope that you and BSP-Ace will join us . . I know it’s a risk, but Atrisia is CFS space. If the Triumvirate attacked here they’d need to commit a lot of effort for not much gain, and they know they’d never hold the planet when our allies came to our rescue,”

“I . . alright,” Tyfun nodded. “I’ll call in a few favours. We have allies who’ll be willing to send aid. And I’ll deploy the Stormwing,”

Kite nodded her gratitude, because no one could see her smile. “Thank you,”

“Y-yeah,” Astrid looked at them both, but focused on Kite. “Thank you,”

“We had better get to it, then,” Lady Typhoon declared, briskly setting off. Astrid followed. “Uh, one question. What’s the Stormwing?”

30 minutes ago, Bociephus said:

OH MY GOSH I HAVE TO MAKE A WHITE-BLUE MANDALORIAN NOW. 

Go for it! Kite’s stylish, huh? I just wish there were white/dark azure dual-moulded arms or legs. 
I considered erasing the purple from the helmet since it looks sorta out of place, but honestly I just don’t trust myself not to screw it up. 

Nice little build, and even better storytelling.

I'm still a little baffled by the way you take events in my posts/storyline for common galactic knowledge. I might have bought that a native Skyt'ri would have caught wind of the atrocities committed on her homeworld, but even then she would need proof... Remember Chancelor Valorum in the Phantom Menace (The Schmifreking Chancelor of the entire Galaxy), when he says "Will you defer your motion to allow a commission to explore the validity of your accusations?", when a well respected Queen of a pretty central world says that her planet has been invaded by a droid army...

Just saying...

Besides that I really like your story! :moar:

13 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

"Will you defer your motion to allow a commission to explore the validity of your accusations?"

Standards for reporting on an atrocity are lower than for committing the entire galaxy to politically intervene in an invasion. 

Edited by Ross Fisher

7 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Standards for reporting on an atrocity are lower than for committing the entire galaxy to politically intervene in an invasion. 

I'm imagining a bunch of New Republic senators watching Galactic News along with their morning caf, seeing what happened to Skye and just shrugging... 

13 hours ago, Darth Bjorn said:

I'm imagining a bunch of New Republic senators watching Galactic News along with their morning caf, seeing what happened to Skye and just shrugging... 

Maybe not shrugging. They know what happened to Alderaan. Anyone using that tech would definitely get people scared. Warrants a slot on the evening news, even if it's only coming from a whistle-blower. Buuuut, you're also right that this is a long way from the Republic's area of influence. They're not gonna intervene like they might've on Naboo. 

7 minutes ago, Ross Fisher said:

Maybe not shrugging. They know what happened to Alderaan. Anyone using that tech would definitely get people scared. Warrants a slot on the evening news, even if it's only coming from a whistle-blower. Buuuut, you're also right that this is a long way from the Republic's area of influence. They're not gonna intervene like they might've on Naboo. 

Also, this is, what, 7 ABY? (To be honest I barely understand the Star Wars calendar so I’m probably wrong.) Same approximate time period as The Mandalorian. The New Republic is still sorting itself out and getting its shit together. They can’t afford to go fight the Triumvirate over some backwoods planet that’s both of no strategic value to them and not even part of the New Republic.

@Ross Fisher and @Fenghuang0296 I think we're getting close to an understanding that fits canon... Yeah, this is Mando timeline, so it makes sense that NR would probably not do much, but I guess they'd want to investigate if the Imperial threat is bigger than they expected...

Another nice little build. I like the color scheme, it works very well with your characters!

As an improvement, the flat tiles on the floor would give the opportunity to have some interesting floor decorations/texturing.

Edited by dvogon