I recently installed LDD and Stud.io on my new laptop and ran into issues with both - only 4.3 would install from the lego site so I tried downloading from another source, but 4.3 (I believe this was up to date around 2012) is the only version I could download.

On Stud.io, I had issues with connection - plates often do not align without making sure they slide completely down the studs without clashing which is annoying, and minifig arms do not connect to torsos without being aligned perfectly with the hinge tool. I believe this has only been an issue since the most recent update.

Any help with either issue would be appreciated!

LDD: don’t use so-called 4.3.12 from LEGO, it’s rotten (it’s a non-working 4.3.11 with an outdated parts library).  See 

Studio: check that Snapping and Collisions are on (the icons should be blue and red respectively, not white).  Also, don’t use a “flat” view (top, front, left…): Studio is like us, it needs perspective to evaluate 3D positions.

On 1/4/2021 at 4:29 PM, SylvainLS said:

LDD: don’t use so-called 4.3.12 from LEGO, it’s rotten (it’s a non-working 4.3.11 with an outdated parts library).  See 

Studio: check that Snapping and Collisions are on (the icons should be blue and red respectively, not white).  Also, don’t use a “flat” view (top, front, left…): Studio is like us, it needs perspective to evaluate 3D positions.

This was really helpful, thank you!