Recommended Posts

NCC-1701, no bloody A, B, C or D (Montgomery Scott) :pir-huzzah1:

I feel like TOS-style and Lego fits perfectly well together! I also really appreciate building Star Trek ships in this scale.

50796514943_6a6fdb24e9_c.jpgUSS Enterprise by keineAhnungBonzo, auf Flickr

50796515813_b43a9c21b6_c.jpgUSS Enterprise by keineAhnungBonzo, auf Flickr

50796515163_d50f654d7a_c.jpgUSS Enterprise by keineAhnungBonzo, auf Flickr

50797384632_e59b3632c5_c.jpgUSS Enterprise by keineAhnungBonzo, auf Flickr

50796515418_2343160e7f_c.jpgUSS Enterprise by keineAhnungBonzo, auf Flickr

49524285878_4615e271a5_c.jpgTOS Constitution Class heavy cruiser by keineAhnungBonzo, auf Flickr

Render and lighting made with Stud.io 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nicely done at this scale!  NPU on the intercooler fins on the nacelles (and bow they connect things there structurally) as well as for the shuttle bay.  Nice shaping on the impulse drive as well; the ingot works nicely there with the tooth parts.  Great build!  :classic:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really great build. Like the use of the MF cockpit for the shuttle bay. :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Simply beautiful. What are the black & white pieces at the back of the warp drives?

Edit: Ah, never mind. It's a spherical joint/connector and a small rubber tire. Clever use!

 

Lego Technic, Ball Joint  50945.png

Edited by DrJB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2021 at 12:41 AM, deraven said:

Nicely done at this scale!  NPU on the intercooler fins on the nacelles (and bow they connect things there structurally) as well as for the shuttle bay.  Nice shaping on the impulse drive as well; the ingot works nicely there with the tooth parts.  Great build!  :classic:

Thanks! :blush: Seems like you are experienced in Star Trek :sweet:

On 1/4/2021 at 1:49 AM, JintaiZ said:

Excellent build! Great use of telephone pieces.

Thanks, wanted to try something different to existing (but great) other MOCs!

On 1/4/2021 at 9:37 PM, kieran said:

Very nice, great presence in this scale 

23 hours ago, Feuer Zug said:

Classic design and instantly recognizable.

Thank you, TOS Enterprise is clearly one of my favourites, a timeless design :wub:

On 1/5/2021 at 10:12 AM, bondp99 said:

Really great build. Like the use of the MF cockpit for the shuttle bay. :thumbup:

Thanks so much, was a good way to add some texture :grin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 1/7/2021 at 4:25 PM, DrJB said:

Simply beautiful. What are the black & white pieces at the back of the warp drives?

Edit: Ah, never mind. It's a spherical joint/connector and a small rubber tire. Clever use!  

You're right, mystery solved :head_back: The Enterprise is often shown from behind and the white globes are pretty prominent. Had to imitate that in some way... :wacko: thanks for your kind words!

Edited by keineahnungbonzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I admit: For me, since the 1970s, it was Star Trek (and some other varieties, but Star Wars did - for a long time - not register - it did later though). THE Enterprise. Along with the crew :pir-huzzah2:

And seeing it on this scale: It makes me wanting to build your model as well - and I sure hope this is OK. From your pictures, make my copy. This is >the< model of the Enterprise I was looking for, for so long. Simply speaking: I cannot do it on my own. But this is it.

Thank you very much for sharing!

All the very best.
Thorsten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2021 at 12:32 AM, Toastie said:

I admit: For me, since the 1970s, it was Star Trek (and some other varieties, but Star Wars did - for a long time - not register - it did later though). THE Enterprise. Along with the crew :pir-huzzah2:

And seeing it on this scale: It makes me wanting to build your model as well - and I sure hope this is OK. From your pictures, make my copy. This is >the< model of the Enterprise I was looking for, for so long. Simply speaking: I cannot do it on my own. But this is it.

Thank you very much for sharing!

All the very best.
Thorsten

You're very welcome to reverse build :classic: :thumbup: I've learned a lot of thinking about, how others did something. And it's fun too... ähem*Ferengi-mode on* If you like to take a shortcut, there are instructions available here on Rebrickable (for a small fee). They are held in the same style like the data sheet above. Partlist for bricklink is also included. *Ferengi-mode off*

Anyway, I'm very pleased you like it! :purrr:

On 1/7/2021 at 9:05 PM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Very well done!

I like the skilful way you've assembled the circle of the main body :wub:

On 1/7/2021 at 9:36 PM, Calanon said:

Really nice use of pieces here. Good scale for it.

:blush: At the end it's just a lot of reversing stud direction and checking if it holds together :innocent2: others have made great similar MOCs, which inspired me; tried to make it as round an sturdy as possible.

 

On 1/7/2021 at 9:41 PM, Gonkius said:

Very nice! 

Thanks :laugh:

On 1/8/2021 at 5:08 PM, JaBaCaDaBra said:

Very funny Scotty,
now beam down my clothes too. :laugh:

Except if it's a red shirt :wink: :head_back:

Edited by keineahnungbonzo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a while I thought the arms holding the warp drives were made up of thin 1×2 lift-arms and I could not figure out how a cross-axle would connect at both ends. Then ... looking at the parts list, I see you're using a 1×2 plate with round corners (shown below). Such part is rather new to me as I've been away from lego for few years now. Plus, I build primarily in Technic. The more I look at this model, the more I appreciate your build technique. Fantastic job!

250x250p.jpg?1595099825.5060246 

Edited by DrJB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.