Sebeus I

[MOC] Starship: The Thunderblade

Spoiler

In the waning days of the Galactic Republic, Kuat Systems Engineering produced a series of compact luxury yachts. The starship was marketed towards the wealthy businessman who liked a bit of piloting action himself. It had the agility and speed to keep up with even the better starfighters of that time. While still providing the comfort one might expect from a luxury yacht. (There used to be a jacuzzi on board). To make all of that possible the craft is propelled by three rather large engines, one integrated in the tail and the other two mounted one on each side. The fuel consumption however is ridiculous. Naturally, achieving the performing stats of an X-wing on a craft that weighs at least 4 times as much comes at a cost…

However, somewhere around the forming of the Galactic Empire, this particular ship found its way into the hands of a bounty hunter (probably stolen). To suit the profession better the ship underwent some serious modifications. These mostly involve adding armament and removing unnecessary features. (such as the jacuzzi mentioned earlier). A dorsal mounted cannon allows for fending off pursuers, a considerable part of the living space behind the cockpit was sacrificed to fit a military grade deflector shield generator in order to be able to withstand some serious enemy fire and the rear observation segment was filled with various tracking equipment and a cloaking device, making it well-capable to make itself invisible to most scanners.

Seems like KSE is a most suited supplier of bounty hunter ships.

50796825242_10f5c6e985_c.jpg

50796707976_f4aa24e09c_c.jpg

50796709241_f48d4ae23a_c.jpg

50795953713_d0037db81e_c.jpg

50795969698_cbc4123ea1_c.jpg

50796726626_fc07a15f43_c.jpg

50796847762_5056b92231_c.jpg

I was actually building my own version of the Razor Crest when I had this canopy idea. I decided to use the standard one for the Razor Crest though, leaving me this one to use on a new ship.

I wanted to build something with lots of flaps, fins, vents and try out some of the tablescrap designs I had laying about.

I'm not 100% happy with it but it was a great exercise in starship building, which I could use since I haven't build that many so far.

Hope you like it.

I like it! Maybe it belongs more to generic sci-fi than star wars, but this is a really neat build. I like the transparent outer skin the most, such a cool idea. Perhaps I'd even ditch all armament and make it a civilian craft?

I think it's brilliant. What an amazing ship design, but I'm a sucker for tail-sections and front-heavy ships. The detailing is on point! Definitely has a prequel vibe.

Now, this is nice! Nice build with a great shape, reminds me a bit of the bus from RotS. Well done.

Nice greeblings, good colour compostion - I especially like the sand blue curve and also the three engines. Overall a convincing concept. Actually I would not mind a jacuzzi...