Sign in to follow this  
ngen33r

Imgur Pictures

nuKJ3Tx.jpeg

Right click the image to get the menu, select copy image location. That link you have pasted is not the perma-link, so it will not embed correctly. To insert the photo like I did above, I copied the image location.

https://i.imgur.com/nuKJ3Tx.jpeg

So it pastes into the post and automatically becomes the deeplinked pic. A general rule of thumb: The URL has to end with an image extension (jpeg, png, bmp etc) to work.

5 hours ago, Lira_Bricks said:

How can you use BBCode here? The WYSIWYG-editor here on eurobricks drives me nuts sometimes...

Ironically, I can't type it out here, even in the code format, since the WYSIWYG editor screws it up.  :hmpf:  However, if you look in the link, you can see the bracketed code.  It's kind of like a cut-down HTML if you're familiar with that.

57 minutes ago, Grover said:

Ironically, I can't type it out here, even in the code format, since the WYSIWYG editor screws it up.  :hmpf:  However, if you look in the link, you can see the bracketed code.  It's kind of like a cut-down HTML if you're familiar with that.

Thanks for your answer :) I know BBC and also HTML, just did not know you could use BBC in the WYSIWYG. Expected there to be two modes...

4 hours ago, ngen33r said:

What is the secret if any to getting an imgur image to render in a post?

https://imgur.com/a/FyQMjSr

I answered the question earlier, and someone else has helpfully explained how to access the BB code. I merged your threads. 

On 1/3/2021 at 9:08 AM, Lira_Bricks said:

Thanks for your answer :) I know BBC and also HTML, just did not know you could use BBC in the WYSIWYG. Expected there to be two modes...

This forum is a little wonky.  The WYSIWYG is a little weird here, so it does screw up the BBC sometimes, but I haven't been able to figure out what it does and does not screw up.  It seems to be a little capricious.  I usually use PMs to others to test BBC since PMs do the same as posts and I don't annoy people with various test posts, although you could pick a thread like this one and use it as a test thread I suppose.  One of the things that I've had a lot of trouble with are tables.  You also cannot insert HTML into these forums (security reasons I'm pretty sure).