Hi! This is my new creation - Lotus 98T! I tried to recreate the real car in a small scale with some simple functions: working fake V6 engine (no differential due to the lack of space) and steering with a steeering wheel. All functions work smoothly, but the model is mostly for a showcase. As you may have noticed, it has some custom stickers that recreate the original 98T's livery (I didn't make the lines, because I didn't want to cover all car in paper :D). I hope you will like it! 

Some photos:

50794039213_c29fb84201_z.jpg

50794908322_eecff81c91_z.jpg

50794787466_6cd3489b77_z.jpg

50794787206_7ecd3fd5bf_z.jpg

50794907702_e8777184be_z.jpg

Thank you! 

The car in profile has the feel of the original, i loved F1 back then, so much better than the playstation cars they 'race' now... the wheels are maybe slightly big, but i don't care - the feel of the car is right and thats why i love it!

Just now, TeamThrifty said:

The car in profile has the feel of the original, i loved F1 back then, so much better than the playstation cars they 'race' now... the wheels are maybe slightly big, but i don't care - the feel of the car is right and thats why i love it!

Thank you! I really like F1 cars of this period too. Especially Lotus and McLaren. :)

Nice build! I think you could use black axles instead of the red ones.

Really good for pure technic and this scale.

Isn't it possible to push tips of panels 21,22 in the front? Those, which are on the sides.

Just now, JintaiZ said:

black axles

If he has. And then we can continue with black 3L pins.

9 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Nice build! I think you could use black axles instead of the red ones.

Thank you! Sounds good, I’ll fix it soon then. :)

10 minutes ago, Jurss said:

Really good for pure technic and this scale.

Isn't it possible to push tips of panels 21,22 in the front? Those, which are on the sides.

If he has. And then we can continue with black 3L pins.

Thanks! Do you mean to push them inside of the nose? If yes, then I have no idea yet, but I can slightly change an angle of them. I have black 3L pins as well, so I can try to fit them too. 

1 hour ago, Danifill said:

no differential due to the lack of space

NOOOOOOOO! Please don't get like Lego...

Great job, I like F1, this car is well made, and it is a car that I like. The perfect combo!

Just now, chlego said:

NOOOOOOOO! Please don't get like Lego...

Great job, I like F1, this car is well made, and it is a car that I like. The perfect combo!

Haha, that’s right! I’d love to have a diff there anyway... 

Thank you!

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

And then we can continue with black 3L pins.

Replaced some pins and axles:

50795667378_5023867540_z.jpg

Very nice! I have a bit of a soft spot for any car with ‘Lotus’ in its name:wink:, and this looks great! Even though I am assuming it’s not the same in the real car, I do like how you’re able to open the curved panel to reveal the engine - it a nice touch!

7 minutes ago, All_About_Lego said:

Very nice! I have a bit of a soft spot for any car with ‘Lotus’ in its name:wink:, and this looks great! Even though I am assuming it’s not the same in the real car, I do like how you’re able to open the curved panel to reveal the engine - it a nice touch!

Thank you! I really like Lotus cars too, I also have a model of Lotus 49, I built it several months ago. :)