Sign in to follow this  
Stuartn

FRNSW Fire Truck moc

This is the first moc that I have shared on eurobricks, a FRNSW Scania aerial appliance.

I built it quite a while ago but have only just joined eurobricks.

Any feedback is welcome, especially on the windscreen areas. If anyone can suggest a better method I am welcome to ideas, as I would like to incorporate an actual windscreen.

Thank you for viewing

Here is a further image of the rear of the vehicle

Edited by Stuartn

Love it. Then too I'm a sucker for well designed fire trucks.

I agree with CastleBeachFire . I'd recommend using 2 of the panels to fill the gap. If I'm right, it will take some experimenting to get the look you want. Either the top or bottom row of the window has to go to make room, which takes away some of the support for your side mirrors. or you can raise the rest of the cab a plate in height to compensate. 

I would suggest experimenting with it to get the look you want.

Edited by Bludchylde
Note, never remind the kids they are supposed to sleep mid sentence. Causes some really confusing sentences.

On 1/3/2021 at 9:03 AM, CastleBeachFire said:

This looks pretty good! For the windshield, I would recommend 1x2x2 trans-black panels

On 1/3/2021 at 12:16 PM, Bludchylde said:

Love it. Then too I'm a sucker for well designed fire trucks.

I agree with CastleBeachFire . I'd recommend using 2 of the panels to fill the gap.

Thank you both for your kind comments. I have done as you both said, and used 1x2x2 trans black panels, however I have used a 2x4x2 vertical windshield for the front windscreen, simply to avoid the join between the panels.

Thank you again for your suggestions, as I had previously only experimented with 2x2x3 panels on their side, and had not considered removing the black pieces. Now I have removed them, I don't think it is detrimental at all, and I think having a windscreen is a better result.

I might try to find some of the older versions of the 1x2x2 panel in trans-black. They are thinner at the sides so I think the centre join won't be an issue. Using 1x2x2 panels looks much better at the join between the panel and the bars that hold the mirrors as there is less room between the mirror and the panel, than there is with the windshield piece which curves in at the corners.

Edited by Stuartn