Darth Bjorn

[O10 - Ambria - TT] Digging Up the Past

*Your entry has earned 14 XP*

Excerpt from Cdr. Bannon’s log: With the ISD Crescendo already stationed in Ambria’s orbit, it made little sense for me to interfere with the Ambria mission. Bravura squad had done a fine job assisting in establishing an imperial outpost on the planet. 

However, Cpt. Markland had heard rumors of an old imperial installation hidden below the surface of Ambria. Sure enough, hidden in the jagged canyons, a few hundred klicks south of Bravura’s location, Cpt. Markland found an old Imperial mining installation. Her assessment was that the mine holds valuable minerals worth salvaging, and the mine itself could prove valuable if brought back to full operating capacity. In any case, this installation may serve future projects as a base of operation.

ambriamine1.jpg

Lt. Pavall overseeing equipment being offloaded and valuable minerals being removed from the old Imperial Installation.

ambriamine5.jpg

Lt. Pavall: Get a move on, but be careful with the Rhydonium.

ambriamine6.jpg

Worker LS-3444: Be careful, but hurry up! I've heard rumors that these canyons are crawling with monstrous insectoids!

ambriamine2.jpg

ambriamine4.jpg

Lt. Pavall: Get the Rhydonium inside! We don't want another Jorai Station incident!

---

ambriamine3.jpg

My take on an OC-0GR Imperial Repulsor Sled, inspired by o0ger over on Flickr.

///

Working in multiple planes allows for some interesting techniques... Check out some behind the scenes shots below... Let me know what you guys think! :wink:

Spoiler

ezgif-4-ce1a4f3d57ec.gif

A 360 degree view of the Repulsor Sled...

ambriamine7.jpg

Overview of the full moc...

ambriamine10.jpg

Front view of the mine entrance and platform...

ambriamine8.jpg

Old piping coming out of the canyon side...

ambriamine9.jpg

Old structure falling apart...

Thanks guys!

13 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

Awesome! The technic pieces work really well and (as ever) the crate designs are fantastic!

Yeah - I wanted to do something with that piece for awhile... It really fits the whole Mining Guild aesthetic... :)

Dank ferrik! I'm going nuts about those Imperial engineers you made in light grey. A fantastic build!

On 1/3/2021 at 8:29 AM, Bociephus said:

Dank ferrik! I'm going nuts about those Imperial engineers you made in light grey. A fantastic build!

Thanks! I hope that's 'nuts' in a good way... :look:

6 hours ago, AdmiralHeavyThing said:

I like the grey kama on Lt. Cant wait to see what those monstrous insectoids looks like!

Check out @ARKUM ELOs entry. He has made a very scary one: 

Great build Bjorn! I really enjoy the usage of the yellow (or is it yellow-orange) technic pieces for the platform. Additionally, that sled is pretty sweet. Big fan of those bars wrapped with the rubber bands.

11 hours ago, Denal31 said:

Great build Bjorn! I really enjoy the usage of the yellow (or is it yellow-orange) technic pieces for the platform. Additionally, that sled is pretty sweet. Big fan of those bars wrapped with the rubber bands.

Thanks! It is regular yellow, but the shade makes it hard to tell... Thanks! I'm pretty happy with this one as well - it's a little different to my usual builds...

Your doors are always amazing. And this one is one of my favorites so far. The sideways rockwork seems too repetitive to me. But I like the pipes coming out of the wall.

Great build! I like a lot that cargo Sled. The color scheme works very well and that big technic piece fits in. The rocks build with all those pipes complements the build very well.

Using the yellow technic beam plate as a floor is my favorite part of this great MOC.

I thought about the doors. The upper rod is not symmetric. While this does not bother me, an alternative could be to use two rods, one with the length of a light saber and the even shorter one. Would look the same except it would look symmetric.