Sign in to follow this  
JamesBenjamin

How much is 157 VIP points worth in US $?

I have a LEGO VIP account from a long time ago that I stopped using when I fell out of LEGO for a while. I got an email the other week saying that my 157 points were going to expire in January. However I can't seem to log into my account. I emailed LEGO and they never replied.

I thought I might call on Monday and sit on hold and see what's up with my account, but if 157 points is only like $2, I might not bother. Can anyone tell me?

650 VIP points= $5.00. You must have at least 650 points in order to redeem the value. $100 worth of Lego= 650 VIP points.

Edited by 1963maniac

3 hours ago, 1963maniac said:

$100 worth of Lego= 6560 VIP points.

That conversion is off.  Here are the redeemable amounts from Lego directly, in USD:

650 VIP Points =  $5

2600 VIP Points =  $20

6500 VIP Points =  $50

13000 VIP Points =  $100

So at all levels 130 VIP points = $1 USD in value.

4 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

It's worth about $1.20

Not worth an additional purchase if you weren't planning on it already, but you could redeem those points directly for entries in some of the drawings for prizes - check those out in the Redeem Points area of the VIP page.

Thanks guys. I still wanna know what the heck is up with my account (they sent me an email to my email address, but when I try to do a password reset the email never comes???) but at least I know if I can't fix it I'm only out $1.20 or so.

If work is slow I'll call them and stay on hold maybe.

You can buy some virtual wallpapers or colouring sheets!

Edited by MAB

lego vip points have different value in different countries.

just compare what you get on lego USA vs say lego UK for the same kit--

you will find the american lego fan gets more vip points for the same set and their lego points are worth more money back in discounts :(

on top of that, in the UK we pay more for our lego.

how's that work?

i am still saving up my points, only buy lego now on 2x points days. it's the only way to get it now if you want to eventually get something back.

23 hours ago, andromeda_girl said:

you will find the american lego fan gets more vip points for the same set and their lego points are worth more money back in discounts :(

No they don't, it depends on the price paid for the set. For example, the Razor Crest (in US $600 - 3900 points, in UK £520 - 4160 points). UK gets 800 points per £100. US gets 650 points per $100.

The idea is if you spend £100 you get £5 voucher for 800 points, and if you spend $100 you get a $5 voucher for 650 points.

When it comes moving regions it depends on the currency rate that has changed significantly recently so currently looks bad for the UK.100 points is worth 62.5p or 77c. The ratio between these is 1.23, and the excahnge rate used to be about £1 = $1.25 so was about right. Now the pound has fallen, the rate is £1 = $1.10 so it looks worse that it used to be. But it is still 5% of the local currency. It only affects you if you change the region, earning points in one country and spending them in another.

As for sets costing more, it depends. Take the Razor Crest again. In the UK it is £520. That is after tax, the ex-VAT price is £433. Remember US prices are shown before their taxes are added. If you compare that to the US price, their price should be 433x1.1 = $476 with the current exchange rate or $540 if the rate was £1=$1.25. But they have to pay $600. Even if you compare our VAT inc price of £520 to their price £520x1.1 = $572, cheaper than their $600, and that is before they add taxes. Now is actually a good time for US buyers to buy from the UK as our prices appear low to them due to the poor exchange rate (for us, good for them).